• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeku revealed for Street Fighter V!

Neoxon

Here's a low-quality image of Zeku's reveal art.

hqdefault.jpg

Neoxon

Not surprising that they put Zeku's release a week after BP/MH/Sigma in MvCI. Gotta stagger those DLC releases.

Zyrox

Hmm...I dunno. Looks kinda boring to me. I appreciate the form change gimmick but there's nothing else here that's really exciting to me especially since we already have a Ninja on the roster. Maybe I just need to see more gameplay. Not a fan of his theme either.

Furanshi

Neo Member
That brings us up to three ninjas now. Really loving his visuals and design. He's a pretty hype character to close out this season of dlc.

OVDRobo

I'm... actually really liking what I see.

Whenever he happens to release I might finally pick up SFV again. Crazy amount of detail and the form-switching is a really neat gimmick.

Sesha

I was down on him being in because I wanted Azam or Santamu instead. But I admit I was wrong to be skeptical and I think he looks pretty good. Moveset is a bit bland though.

Neoxon

I'm... actually really liking what I see.

Whenever he happens to release I might finally pick up SFV again. Crazy amount of detail and the form-switching is a really neat gimmick.
The 2017 Deluxe Edition is on sale for $40 & it includes both S1 & S2's DLC characters. If you want a physical version, Arcade Version also includes the first 2 seasons' DLC characters & will be out this coming January.

Neoxon

I'm actually really liking the theory that Zeku goes on to create the Strider organization. I mean, Final Fight & Rival Schools are already linked to Street Fighter canonically, might as well add one other Capcom franchise.

Justinh

Well, you know he's going to be strong... being the fusion of Zen-O and Goku and all.

I like the way he looks without the mask more.

Old Zeku reminds me of David Carradine in his latter years a bit.

Yeah, I was about to comment that the beginning part without the mask I was getting Kill Bill vibes from his face, I think the music helped.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really like the fact his paintbrush colors are black and white which symbolizes I Ching (Yang and Ying). Basically it can represents young and old which is pretty nifty.

Vic_Viper

Sorry, havnt been following along wtih Street Fighter V news in awhile. Is Zeku part of the Season 2 DLC characters or is he part of Season 3? Will he be included with the SF Arcade Edition?

Was Akuma Season 2?

Sesha

I hope he's voiced by Yoku Shioya, who voices Will A. Zeppeli.

Sorry, havnt been following along wtih Street Fighter V news in awhile. Is Zeku part of the Season 2 DLC characters or is he part of Season 3? Will he be included with the SF Arcade Edition?

Was Akuma Season 2?

Zeku is season 2. Yes, Akuma is season 2 as well. And yes, both will be included in Arcade Edition if you buy it. They're not part of the free update to previous owners, though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Definitely reminds me of Otane from Power Instinct:

pi_otane.gif

I do kinda like that the season is ending with an Old man. Who doesn't really look that old though. And also has a young form to transform into.

But as I said in the OT, I'm really not sold on his playstyle yet. Gimmicky stuff doesn't really mean much in this game after a while, it's the solid that last. I felt like I saw a trailer full of tricks no one will fall for after the first 2 weeks.

The biggest gameplay positive I feel fight now, is that, like Guy, he's something of a "Power Ninja", with speed serving through his animations, rather than in the spryness of his gameplay.

His CA looks so SFIV that it's... actually kinda boring. I still think the Ink aesthetic isn't well rooter in V, but it's pretty cool he at least has that large, inky-looking moon-slash kick? So it gives some consistency. But... why? Why isn't it wind, or glowy energy Ki? *shrug*

Moaradin

Was Akuma Season 2?

Part of Season 2, along with Akuma. And yeah, Season 1 and 2 are included with Arcade Edition.

WarRock

Music is amazing.

Assuming he can change into his younger self during a match, he would be among the first characters in a VERY long time to do so, at least since Atlus' Power Instinct series (someone correct me on this)
There's Kliff from GG.

Neoxon

Was Akuma Season 2?
Season 2 consists of...
  • Akuma
  • Kolin
  • Ed
  • Abigail
  • Menat
  • Zeku
So yes, Akuma & Zeku are part of Season 2, all of whom will be included in the physical release of Arcade Edition (along with Season 1's DLC characters). You can also get the 2017 Deluxe Edition & get basically the same thing (albeit digitally).

He looks dope and the music is great, straight 70's feel to it! Love the costume changing thing he does(and how it looks like Strider!), I wonder if he changes based on certain special moves maybe? Eager to see the Capcom Unity post on him!

Vic_Viper

Season 2 consists of...
  • Akuma
  • Kolin
  • Ed
  • Abigail
  • Menat
  • Zeku
So yes, Akuma & Zeku are part of Season 2, all of whom will be included in the physical release of Arcade Edition (along with Season 1's DLC characters). You can also get the 2017 Deluxe Edition & get basically the same thing (albeit digitally).

Thanks everyone! I bought SFV for PC when it first released and barely played it after the first week lol. Ill totally be buying the AE for PS4 though now! Was waiting for Akuma and just lost interest after awhile. Between this, MvCI, and DBFZ its totally time to get a new Fightstick for PS4!

Hope we get Q in the next round!

Neoxon

Thanks everyone! I bought SFV for PC when it first released and barely played it after the first week lol. Ill totally be buying the AE for PS4 though now! Was waiting for Akuma and just lost interest after awhile. Between this, MvCI, and DBFZ its totally time to get a new Fightstick for PS4!
If you already have SFV, you can just get the Character Passes when they go on sale (or earn them with Fight Money).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Music is amazing.

There's Kliff from GG.

Kliff does it for like... EX or super moves though, right? He doesn't actually have a playable young self. They're just attack animations, rather than functionally a 2nd full character.

Qvoth

he's interesting enough to make me bother doing the weekly fm challenege shit again so capcom must be doing something right at least
watching the trailer again it seems like the age/character switch is from some special move, so it's probably the v skill?
might be cool if they have drastically different movesets and stuff

Top Bottom