• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS DragonBall Kai RPG Trailer

KeioSquad2 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Dude, Thank you so much for introducing me to that, it's fucking hilarious.......
It's made by some of the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged guys, so if anyone likes that, it's really worth checking out.

Neomoto

The game looks awesome! Wow, didn't expect to see that. And then I saw it's being made by Monolith Soft.. Day one.

zoku88 said:
Is that the one with cards? That was a fun one.

That one was awesome because you could change up the story if you played differently. Like, you could keep zarbon on your team until you fought freeza and switch bodies, enabling you to play as freeza. I think you could also do weird things like kill vegeta as piccolo before goku got back, or you could get an ending where Super Saiyan Goku fought Super Saiyan Vegeta.

It was a neat little game.

MoogPaul

Snaku said:
It's Dragon Ball; Atari's top money maker. I'd say the chances are pretty good. :lol

Atari owns the right the publish all things Dragon Ball related? I didn't think this game would fall under their control for some reason, but then again, I'm not very well versed in copyright law.

kiryogi

Banned
I'm with ducky. I was like wait a minute this looks familiar. WAIT A MINUTE. This is totally the NxC team. Fooled me once. Monolith, never again. At least not from this team. Stuff like Soma Bringer still gets the ok from me. OG and NxC? No way in hell.

zoku88

TheSonicRetard said:
That one was awesome because you could change up the story if you played differently. Like, you could keep zarbon on your team until you fought freeza and switch bodies, enabling you to play as freeza. I think you could also do weird things like kill vegeta as piccolo before goku got back, or you could get an ending where Super Saiyan Goku fought Super Saiyan Vegeta.

I had no idea that you could do all of that stuff :(

Mine played out like the actual story :(

EDIT: Actually, I remember having trouble with raditz at the beginning of the game. I tried to grind, but the game stops giving you enemies after a while XD

Aru

TheSonicRetard said:

I think you're mistaking Zarbon for Ginue.

thaOwner

Snaku said:
It's Dragon Ball; Atari's top money maker. I'd say the chances are pretty good. :lol
Came in to post this. So far all the DBZ games have made it out of Japan and considering how big the DBZ fanbase is outside of Japan, it's guaranteed to come out here.

ho ho ho ho ho holy shit this looks fucking amazing. I want it now

And please don't fuck up the music for the US version

Want it cause it's Monolithsoft but likely would not care otherwise. Now that this game's finish, I hope they concentrate all their efforts on the Wii RPG they announced earlier.

Speaking of which, Dragonball Kai premiered in Japan on saturday at 9:00 am. So far it's been moving briskly - in the original DBZ, it took about 2 full episodes before you found out that Radditz was Goku's brother, but in Dragonball Kai, this happens within the first episode.

Much more enjoyable, IMO.

zoku88 said:
I had no idea that you could do all of that stuff :(

Mine played out like the actual story :(

EDIT: Actually, I remember having trouble with raditz at the beginning of the game. I tried to grind, but the game stops giving you enemies after a while XD

There's a house in the middle of the continent where you can train as Piccolo before you fight Radditz (or maybe its during the vegeta fight... I forget) that never runs out and lets you power level like mad. If you exploit that house, you can become so powerful that you alter the story.

It's been years since I've played it, but IIRC that single house was the key to getting some strange changes in the game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All the fun changes in the game start with how fast you do the training at King Kai's.

The less you fuck up, the sooner you come back, and the less fodder you have to sacrifice.

If you do it perfect or near perfect, you get to Earth before the Saiyans do. You can in fact do it poorly enough to arrive after Vegeta joins the fight, making that fight nearly impossible to win.

All the other fun stuff in the game involves fun stuff with Ginyu and keeping Vegeta alive/killing off some random weak character to get SSJ Goku and the SSJ Goku vs. SSJ Vegeta fight.

neo2046

TheSonicRetard said:
Speaking of which, Dragonball Kai premiered in Japan on saturday at 9:00 am. So far it's been moving briskly - in the original DBZ, it took about 2 full episodes before you found out that Radditz was Goku's brother, but in Dragonball Kai, this happens within the first episode.

is Sunday not Saturday ......

and the new opening and ending are quite good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbfE2NMCMRQ&fmt=22

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The Super Famicom RPG was all kinds of awesome. You could even fuse Piccolo with Dende and make him uber-powerful. Not Super Saiyan-level, but pretty close.
The game was full of nice touches, ie. healing a Saiyan with very low health made him stronger (you got an automatic level up) :lol

TheSonicRetard said:
[...]or you could get an ending where Super Saiyan Goku fought Super Saiyan Vegeta.
If my memory isn't failing me, it happened if you maxed Goku and let a minor character die during the final battle with Frieza. Goku would turn into a Super Saiyan, and after Frieza you fought Vegeta as a hidden special boss.
EDIT: beaten on that.

Jocchan said:
The Super Famicom RPG was all kinds of awesome. You could even fuse Piccolo with Dende and make him uber-powerful. Not Super Saiyan-level, but pretty close.
The game was full of nice touches, ie. healing a Saiyan with very low health made him stronger (you got an automatic level up) :lol

If my memory isn't failing me, it happened if you maxed Goku and let a minor character die during the final battle with Frieza. Goku would turn into a Super Saiyan, and after Frieza you fought Vegeta as a hidden special boss.

THATS what it was. Now I remember. You could exploit the Saiyan extra level up very early on in the game and make Goku insanely strong. Thats what I was referencing.

And yeah, I'd normally keep Chozu around and let him die to get Goku to turn into a Super Saiyan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jocchan said:

Yes, Dende dies anyways when Frieza powers up to the fourth form, so you might as well Fuse Piccolo with EVERYONE possible, making him max level.

The amazing thing about Dragonball is that while it is probably the most liscensed anime outside of Gundam it has so many great games! This one+a whole bunch of SNES and beyond fighting games+a couple of solid GBA and DS RPGs.

Aru

TheSonicRetard said:

Yeah, I don't remember DBZ very well but I found Kai ep 1 very fast.
Too bad it's not a true remake, the opening and ending look so well and better than the actual anime :O The difference is huge.

Also, was the Baddack part at the beginning in DBZ as well ? I can't remember.

Aru said:
Yeah, I don't remember DBZ very well but I found Kai ep 1 very fast.
Too bad it's not a true remake, the opening and ending look so well and better than the actual anime :O The difference is huge.

Also, was the Baddack part at the beginning in DBZ as well ? I can't remember.

The entire second episode is essentially devoted to it. The particular Barddack scene shown was from the first TV special and isn't referenced in the comic until the freeza saga, though. The footage they used was a mix of the footage from the second episode (mostly the stuff about goku being put in the pod) and that special.

You don't learn who Baddack is (or even see him) until much later in DBZ. About 70 episodes later.

Aru

TheSonicRetard said:
The entire second episode is essentially devoted to it. The particular Barddack scene shown was from the first TV special and isn't referenced in the comic until the freeza saga, though. The footage they used was a mix of the footage from the second episode (mostly the stuff about goku being put in the pod) and that special.

You don't learn who Baddack is (or even see him) until much later in DBZ. About 70 episodes later.

Yeah that's what I thought. This part wasn't here in the original anime.

Top Bottom