• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT4| Overwatch is filled with cheaters

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2017-10-1000_04_50-csfhlem.png

cHinzo

Seems like it's only a visual upgrade, meh.

Edit: trying it out on the PBE and they definitely changed some angles.

Edit2:
  • The walls are huge at long house. Gonna be interesting to see what's the most optimal way to flash urself out.
  • B rush seems harder to pull off with the tighter tunnel exit and the pillar being able to block the smoke for a B rush.
  • I'm liking the brightness and clarity of the map so far.
  • Disliking the movement near xbox and short with those new stairs. Gonna try the map out some more tomorrow.
  • The ground near CT spawn doesn't seem even. Smokes getting kinda fucked up when bouncing off the ground. Need to re-learn all the nades!
  • RIP self flashes at catwalk, since they removed the rounded walls. Back to the old skool flat walls.
  • So far this doesn't seem necessarily a step up from the old map in terms of angles and movement around the map. Feels a lot more restricted in some areas.

rugioh

Banned
SK -felps +boltz

Meh.

fnx really did kill the team

Maybe if they took boltz instead of felps from the start they could've made it work, but now they're just scrambling for answers. Never really knew what they saw in him on TS anyway, boltz was punching above his weight more or less the entire time they were good.

haozz

This Epicenter event feels pretty epic, with the teams competing and the all BO3 format. I hope that ELeague is able to match that in Boston. Already, they've fumbled a bit by with the late announcement, the cheating in open qualifiers, and the lack of an Asian open qualifier. These fumbles don't really matter to the average viewer, since the popular teams will still be at the major (rip NiP), but it's a warning sign.

Thus far with events, I've been most impressed by the CIS event organizers. Both Starladder and Epicenter seem very well organized.

cHinzo

Epicenter Moscow last year was one of the best tourneys of 2017. Let's hope the venue at Eleague is better than the small one they had last year. the production quality was fine, but it lacked hype with such a tiny crowd.

baby

Epicenter Moscow last year was one of the best tourneys of 2017. Let's hope the venue at Eleague is better than the small one they had last year. the production quality was fine, but it lacked hype with such a tiny crowd.

agganis holds 6000 audience members, MAYBE a few hundred more depending on how big the stage is and how they format the floor. its not that big

abracadaver

I have a stattrak music kit with over 1300 mvp's counted but it does not show the number in the game anymore. It shows in the inventory but not while actually playing a match.

It started a few weeks ago. I bought a new music kit yesterday and that worked fine. Switching back to my old music kit it stopped showing mvp numbers again.

How do I fix this?

What the fuck has happened with the menus? This is just shit. I've always liked how CS has mostly tried to keep menus simple and not too overbearing. The new one just sucks and accepting how different CS:GO seemed from 1.6 and Source was far less jarring than the current change here. One good thing is that I don't seem to get a stream of a CS:GO match starting once I load up the game. I'm probably exaggerating a bit here and being a bit petulant, but this whole light background and the character standing idly there is just annoying and it just seems kind of unnecessary and kind of like they're pushing certain elements to the front, trying to push sales of store items.
Is there an option to go back?

Ribi

What the fuck has happened with the menus? This is just shit. I've always liked how CS has mostly tried to keep menus simple and not too overbearing. The new one just sucks and accepting how different CS:GO seemed from 1.6 and Source was far less jarring than the current change here. One good thing is that I don't seem to get a stream of a CS:GO match starting once I load up the game. I'm probably exaggerating a bit here and being a bit petulant, but this whole light background and the character standing idly there is just annoying and it just seems kind of unnecessary and kind of like they're pushing certain elements to the front, trying to push sales of store items.
Is there an option to go back?
Officially you're stuck with panorama and its supposed to increase your performance as well so not that big of a deal really. Although some decisions there are ehh questionable

Top Bottom