• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament co-developed with Harada and Namco Bandai Announced for arcades

We've known about this game for what seems like over a year and even have seen footage previously in a teaser and yet the forum still has people acting like they're shocked about this game?

Arcade first, Wii U later people. Like every fighting game in Japan.

An actual Pokemon fighting game, my child self is crying.

Sendou

We've known about this game for what seems like over a year and even have seen footage previously in a teaser and yet the forum still has people acting like they're shocked about this game?

Not every rumor comes true. This was always one of the more outlandish. So that's probably why people are surprised.

People raging over Arcade should know that most fighting games tend to release the game on consoles a year or so later after they've balanced out and made extra contents, don't go raging just yet on why no Wii U.

Dr. Buni

Why is everyone complaining about arcade? Don't all fighting games start with arcade before they get ported to home consoles?
People didn't expect a Nintendo fighting game to be released for Arcades perhaps? Smash Bros is always console (and handheld now) only.

I don't mind, I still have to buy a Wii U anyway...

NEO0MJ

I didn't want to believe it was real because it would have been so disappointing if it wasn't. Hope they add Hitmonchan, it's probably my favorite fighting pokemon.

Tekken 6 wait was brutal. Wasn't it like 2 years? Between arcade and consoles.

Yep. It was supposedly an apology for when they released 5 much earlier on consoles.

Forkball

Of course it's coming to Wii U eventually, but since it has to hit arcades first the wait might be longer than expected.

Also am I the only person who thinks the Lucario/Blaziken footage looked further along than that trailer?

wrowa

I wonder what it'll be called if they release it outside of Japan. Because I don't think you can call a game "Pokken" in the west. :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm going to predict that Pokken arcade will be out between Summer 2015 to Fall 2015, and Wii U version might be somewhen in 2016.

Sciortino

Holy shit. I don't know what to say... If it's arcade only, its only natural that it'll be brought over to Wii U right..

Metallix87

People need to chill out. This will almost definitely come to Wii U in late 2015 or early 2016. No reason to panic.

Murrah

Banned
I hope we get more than just fighting types, but just give me Heracross and I'm good to go; everything else is gravy

Of course it's coming to Wii U eventually, but since it has to hit arcades first the wait might be longer than expected.

Also am I the only person who thinks the Lucario/Blaziken footage looked further along than that trailer?

Yeah, it didn't look very impressive in the teaser D:

Top Bottom