• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post real things that look futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
sC99e43.jpg

13c.jpg

Some amazing pics in this thread. I had no idea some of these places even existed.

Kodeman

This thing really blew my mind as a kid.
fqndgtz.jpg

Ho...ly....shit....

I used to play this so much when I was a kid, but I could never remember what it was called and nobody I tell about it has ever seen or heard of it. I remember being completely blown away by those little hologram dudes when I was little. I bet those cabinets are hard to come by now.

terrisus

Ho...ly....shit....

I used to play this so much when I was a kid, but I could never remember what it was called and nobody I tell about it has ever seen or heard of it. I remember being completely blown away by those little hologram dudes when I was little. I bet those cabinets are hard to come by now.

Should've just asked on gaming-side, we could've told you :þ

From 1998-around 2004 when they finally introduced a flat-rate nation-wide plan, my phone bill would generally be right around that, since anyone I dated was always a long-distance call.

The unlimited free local calling wouldn't have even helped you tho :-/

Edit:

Yeah, it's all messed up in the future. Free local calling is limited to the people who live in your compound.

This future is sounding worse and worse!

A Dodge M4S looks more futuristic than that does:
tumblr_mgndpoNT3N1qm6egko1_1280.jpg

What about the Mercedes-Benz BIOME ?
Mercedes-Benz-Biome.jpg

mercedes-benz-biome-concept-car-04.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-Biome-Concept_05.jpg

unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November 2010. Here's how the official press release described the vehicle: "The Mercedes-Benz BIOME grows in a completely organic environment from seeds sown in a nursery. Out on the road the car emits pure oxygen, and at the end of its lifespan it can be simply composted or used as building material."
Ughhhhhhhhhhh...... SCIENCE!

Loxley

I'm on my phone, but someone post some photos of the Milwaukee Art Museum and it's bitchin' wings that open and close.

On the subject of cars:
Lola T70 (and many other '60s-'70s prototype* racers)
1024px-Lola_T70_at_Barber_2010_01.jpg

Volkswagen XL1
1024px-Volkswagen_XL_driver_side.JPG

Buick Wildcat Concept [1985] - Yes, I cheated
1985_Buick_Wildcat_Concept_08.jpg

Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh (for the time)
Twentieth_Anniversary_Macintosh.jpg

Shinkansen
1024px-JR_East_Shinkansen_lineup_at_Niigata_Depot_201210.jpg

*Prototype as in the racing class, not as in a concept car

Ordos Museum, (China):
dezeen_Ordos-Museum-by-MAD_1ctop.jpg

This looks like an evil HQ from a sci-fi movie.

Museum of Old & Modern Art [MONA], (Australia):
tumblr_lyhhdw9YZ71qf8axno1_r1_500.jpg

Gives me a Jurassic Park vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom