• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline (cops vs. thieves) leaks, tons of info [Officially Announced]

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Weapons from the next Battlefield game:

BopfU0jCEAADVul.png:large

billy club!!!! WOWOW!! Please let us beat someone to death with it lol.

MayMay

Banned
This is hilarious, they'll probably emergency announce the game in a few hours. Just posting the title and logo on twitter or something with a "more at E3"

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Frankie O Connor from 343 saying leaks aren't good....I completely disagree. They're wonderful, and they get us talking about the game, which in turn is basically free promotion of their product.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
This is hilarious, they'll probably emergency announce the game in a few hours. Just posting the title and logo on twitter or something with a "more at E3"

Would be hilarious if that happened. I wonder if they will buy the large banner space again at the entry-way into the E3 expo?

They would really need to make this stand out from Battlefield though, otherwise people are just gonna label it was Battlefield 4.5 or Battlefield 5. It needs to have clearly distinctive gameplay differences.

Would be hilarious if that happened. I wonder if they will buy the large banner space again at the entry-way into the E3 expo?

They would really need to make this stand out from Battlefield though, otherwise people are just gonna label it was Battlefield 4.5 or Battlefield 5. It needs to have clearly distinctive gameplay differences.

Judging from the leaked weapons and vehicles, it seems like they're trying to do that, which is awesome.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Judging from the leaked weapons and vehicles, it seems like they're trying to do that, which is awesome.

The game modes need to be really refined though, like completely night and day different from traditional Battlefield. If they manage to take game modes from Counter-strike and make them better...that would be a dream come true.

On top of that, if they create a new tactical viewpoint like pre-planning with a map and pre-positioning, etc...kinda like old school Rainbow and the old SWAT games, that would be kick ass too!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
This is what happens when you make your server browser a webpage and then start testing your game with people outside the studio.

In theory they have six titles!

That said I don't expect an actual unveil, but perhaps like, an acknowledgement a la Assassin's Creed: Unity.

This is what happens when you fly over YouTube guys for a play test in May (or was it April, I forgot) and some of them talk. :)

And from what I know, they were allowed to play MP. Next event will allow them to record, I think.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Weapons from the next Battlefield game (Better look):

BophjO4IUAAYFc6.png:large

Nymphae

Banned
Funny, BF4 basically killed my interest in this series. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm far more interested in seeing how Battlefront turns out.

Funny, BF4 basically killed my interest in this series. I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm far more interested in seeing how Battlefront turns out.

The lack of jets has totally revived my interested in this series. I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully it'll be closer to the Bad Company style.

Seems potentially cool, but I'm not really getting why they'd bother calling this "Battlefield" other than for marketing reasons. That basically is the reason, but still, I associate "Battlefield" games with big wide open battlefields with tons of vehicles, not cops and robbers.

todahawk

One thing about Visceral's game is that they always have a high degree of polish. Significantly more than any other game on the EA label. So I really wouldn't worry about it releasing with the same issues that BF4 had.

Yeah, I think they just realized that if they want to compete with CoD then it has to be a yearly franchise. They can't go a year or two without a new game when CoD is in the news every year with a big new release.

I'd agree with you but all EA has to do is tell Visceral "sorry, we're launching it".
DICE & BF has always been a big 'buggy' but there's no way I can believe anyone at DICE felt good about launching BF4 in the state they did. That was EA saying (IMO), we're launching with PS4 launch no matter what.

Top Bottom