• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Thanks for the answers, much appreciated...

Will have to investigate about the Whirligig Saw, sounds interesting.

I like that description, fits me pretty well. Will upgrade it a bit and try it. Sounds great!

And again another awesome description, thanks. Sounds right up my alley. Will research the other weapons and the LHB as well. But I like faster weapons, dont mind the damage too much, so the Cane sounds excellent to me. I saw a video of the DLC weapons but I think is about time to watch a video about the vanilla weapons as well.

Again, thanks all!
The pimp cane is the pimp cane for a reason. It's one of those it clicks with you or it doesn't weapons. It's paired best with something like either the Blades of Mercy, Burial Blade or Chikage best. With something like that you get both a great range weapon combined with something that's great for close in fights, Chikage is all kinds of awesome though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wow NG++ is easy so far at 225+ with a +10 whirligig. Does the higher level NG+++'s get a lot harder?
Not really, not the main game anyway. I am on NG+3 with one of my characters and the main game is still rather easy. However, the DLC is absolutely brutal.

Pimp cane is one of the best weapons in the game.
True
Pimp cane is one of the worst weapons in the game
YOU ARE A FALSE DON'T ENTRY

Ogawa-san

This talk about NG+ and beyond, I just wish it was more interesting.

When I finally realized that there's nothing new other than health/damage scaling and that you just rush from boss to boss, I lost interest. I mean, if I'm boss rushing might as well do random chalices instead to shake things up.

Deku Tree

This talk about NG+ and beyond, I just wish it was more interesting.

When I finally realized that there's nothing new other than health/damage scaling and that you just rush from boss to boss, I lost interest. I mean, if I'm boss rushing might as well do random chalices instead to shake things up.

well until last week I hadn't played the game since March-April 2015. Except when I went back and did defied chalice to get the platinum during summer 2015. So I'm doing a full playthrough now even quickly doing most side quests and killing every enemy in each area and collecting all the upgrade materials.

The God

Got to Cathedral Ward.
Is the lady that asks for a new place to stay the only person you can bring there for the quest?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Level 9 saw cleaver, some of the damage output by the harder things is huge, I lost over half my Hp to the undead giant thing in one attack

I'd check your gems, make sure you're using the best. The weird thing about Bloodbourne (compared to the souls games) is the gem system. It's kind of necessary to have good gems for later chalice dungeons and NG+(which you get from the Chalice dungeons). Once you get your weapon upgraded max, they are the real way to boost your damage output. Hell, once you get good gems, you can make +6 weapons pretty gnarly and viable.

Deku Tree

Level 9 saw cleaver, some of the damage output by the harder things is huge, I lost over half my Hp to the undead giant thing in one attack

You also have to learn the enemies move sets and try not to get hit. Even at lvl 230 the stronger enemies in some of the depth 3 root chalice dungeons can take huge chunks of my health away if I get caught in a combo. And a few enemies can really reck my health if I get caught by their strong attacks.

Is there a trophy for beating the game without summoning?

At floor 3 of depth 3 of the original chalice dungeon is hard, so many stick insect like things, plus bell woman and dogs.

Matt Frost

I got Ludwig's Holy Sword and the Threaded Cane... so far, the LHS is an absolute beast of a weapon. So good in both forms. Will be my NG+ weapon of choice. As a newbie any help is appreciated so that fits pretty good. The cane has a good range but LHS overshadowed it. Got LHS to +6 for now. Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

Now, yesterday I was doing some early stuff I left behind (access to Castle Cainhurst, Iosefka,...) and I noticed I never opened the shortcut back to the lamp on the beginning of the Forgotten Forest. Where is it? I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything. Help me please

Ferr986

I got Ludwig's Holy Sword and the Threaded Cane... so far, the LHS is an absolute beast of a weapon. So good in both forms. Will be my NG+ weapon of choice. As a newbie any help is appreciated so that fits pretty good. The cane has a good range but LHS overshadowed it. Got LHS to +6 for now. Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

Now, yesterday I was doing some early stuff I left behind (access to Castle Cainhurst, Iosefka,...) and I noticed I never opened the shortcut back to the lamp on the beginning of the Forgotten Forest. Where is it? I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything. Help me please

After the "house" where that dude that transform in a snake head, go out and you find another snake headed dude, on the right there's an elevator that opens the shortcut.

The LHB is probably the most versatile weapon in vanilla. Wouldn't say OP because I think the Chikage is better, but it requires a specialized build and it's somewhat trickier. I did my first run with the LHB (including the final Chalice Dungeons).

+1 at trying the Whirlig Saw when you can. That weapon can be hilarious.

françois

After you get to the big tower that has the suspicious beggar, continue to the second part of the forest. You have to cross a little bridge right after leaving the tower. After that you can move forward to the second part or take a right turn and go up on a small hill. There should a cave entrance with a lift there.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOiGtcgw0Vg

Deku Tree

I saw a video and the player in it had like 135m souls. Omg. Takes courage to walk around depth 5 root chalice dungeons with that many souls.

The PS4 theme that came with the official guide is the best One.

Matt Frost

After the "house" where that dude that transform in a snake head, go out and you find another snake headed dude, on the right there's an elevator that opens the shortcut.

The LHB is probably the most versatile weapon in vanilla. Wouldn't say OP because I think the Chikage is better, but it requires a specialized build and it's somewhat trickier. I did my first run with the LHB (including the final Chalice Dungeons).

+1 at trying the Whirlig Saw when you can. That weapon can be hilarious.

I really like the LHB but now I want to check the Chikage and definitely the Whirlig Saw as well. Going to to that later. One of the best things about Bloodborne (aside from the polish, design quality, atmosphere, etc...) are the weapons. They all really feel different and playing each sort of makes a new game. Thanks!

françois;205267285 said:
After you get to the big tower that has the suspicious beggar, continue to the second part of the forest. You have to cross a little bridge right after leaving the tower. After that you can move forward to the second part or take a right turn and go up on a small hill. There should a cave entrance with a lift there.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOiGtcgw0Vg

Wow, a video!! Thanks so much! Saw the video and now I know exactly where it is... I was blind to not see that! Thank You Sir, much appreciated.

I really like the LHB but now I want to check the Chikage and definitely the Whirlig Saw as well. Going to to that later. One of the best things about Bloodborne (aside from the polish, design quality, atmosphere, etc...) are the weapons. They all really feel different and playing each sort of makes a new game. Thanks!
With the exception of having a garbage one hand form the Pizza Cutter is great. I'm actually just keeping that thing in 2 hand and just barely parrying from what I remember.

Matt Frost

With the exception of having a garbage one hand form the Pizza Cutter is great. I'm actually just keeping that thing in 2 hand and just barely parrying from what I remember.

Can you parry with a 2 handed weapon like in Dark Souls? (only played a bit of the third) Haven't tried that. Another thing for my list when I get out of work.

Can you parry with a 2 handed weapon like in Dark Souls? (only played a bit of the third) Haven't tried that. Another thing for my list when I get out of work.
No, you parry with your gun, your gun is holstered in 2 hand mode. Depending on the enemy I can adapt pretty well by dodging through the attacks, others, I just have to parry.

Matt Frost

No, you parry with your gun, your gun is holstered in 2 hand mode. Depending on the enemy I can adapt pretty well by dodging through the attacks, others, I just have to parry.

Ah ok, I didnt try the L2 button (dont know why) and after reading your post I thought you could do like in Dark Souls 3. My bad, got confused.

Deku Tree

Wow I hated fighting the Forbidden woods bosses last night on NG+2. Got the last one down to low health on first attempt. I was at full health. Level 230. 50 vit. And he went for his super. I was jumping around. And it randomly came up below me and landed a triple hit that was an OHK.

Ferr986

Keep in mind that the 2h mode of Chkage (the better one) scales only with Bloodtinge, so you need to level that. It also (IMO) tends to get really strong at +40 BT.

Woohoo! The first OT I can officially post in as an accomplished hoonter! I've spent the last month playing through the game religiously, studying the lore, and reading every single post from every single OT up to this point. So it's nice to finally be part of the community for real.

I've never done PVE or PVP, not sure I want to just yet. I just started the Old Hunters and beat Ludwig last night (3 tries, 2nd try was an aborted attempt using LHB which is NOT a good weapon against him). Planning on taking on the Research Hall tonight and maybe get my hands dirty in some Chalice dungeons.

Also, I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at the game, and I'm probably overleveled as fuck (level 130 in NG right before Mergo's Wet Nurse) but I have managed to defeat every boss in 5 attempts or less. Lots of crazy dodging, parrying when I can (although it's sometimes accidental) and just brute force. But I am having the time of my life. I love this game.

Is it general consensus that the 1h form sucks? I kind of thought that, but I haven't used it on a ton of enemies yet. 2h form is amazing though.

Deku Tree

Keep in mind that the 2h mode of Chkage (the better one) scales only with Bloodtinge, so you need to level that. It also (IMO) tends to get really strong at +40 BT.

How do you figure out which weapons scale with which stat in 2h vs 1h mode? Is there a chart somewhere?

WTF is up with music axe guy, he might have the single biggest attack range i've fucking seen from a melee attack, its fucking huge, fuck this guy. Dying so many times to this twat, even side stepping you can still get hit by his attacks. The bastard is dead. bloody hell he is a boss in his own right

is that the first boss behind it?

Jrmint

WTF is up with music axe guy, he might have the single biggest attack range i've fucking seen from a melee attack, its fucking huge, fuck this guy. Dying so many times to this twat, even side stepping you can still get hit by his attacks. The bastard is dead. bloody hell he is a boss in his own right

is that the first boss behind it?
No the first boss isn't behind it. Behind it is the optional boss for the expansion, which you access later. That guy in the front isn't really worth killing.

There will be two of them later, but you can easily back stab and visceral them. I used that to farm echoes and blood vials for about an hour. In NG+ they were giving 12700 blood echoes apiece and one drops 6 blood vials, the other drops 10 bullets.

No the first boss isn't behind it. Behind it is the optional boss for the expansion, which you access later. That guy in the front isn't really worth killing.

There will be two of them later, but you can easily back stab and visceral them. I used that to farm echoes and blood vials for about an hour. In NG+ they were giving 12700 blood echoes apiece and one drops 6 blood vials, the other drops 10 bullets.

The first boss actually is behind one of those guys, he didn't state if he was talking about the one that comes out of the cathedral or the one in the blood river.

Jrmint

The first boss actually is behind one of those guys, he didn't state if he was talking about the one that comes out of the cathedral or the one in the blood river.
Yea I assumed cathedral because he said only one. When people talk about the river ones they usually refer to the guy with the big ass gun.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wow I hated fighting the Faron woods bosses last night on NG+2. Got the last one down to low health on first attempt. I was at full health. Level 230. 50 vit. And he went for his super. I was jumping around. And it randomly came up below me and landed a triple hit that was an OHK.
Farron? Wrong thread or did you mean Forbidden?

Deku Tree

Farron? Wrong thread or did you mean Forbidden?

Yeah I hate the Shadows... just because there are three of them.

I never figured out how people just walk up to the first one and start wailing on it without dying. I see people doing it but has never worked for me like ever.

I always end up taking cheap shots and then running around and then taking more cheap swipes and repeating that... I don't like fighting that way. But whenever I run up to one of them to engage with more than one or two hits then another one destroys me from some area that is outside of my camera's vision.

I can get it done that way but not my idea of a fun fight, and on NG+2 if you get combo'd by another shadow that is outside your camera's view then it's usually instant death even from full health even with 50 vitality at level 230.

Top Bottom