• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

brentech

Cutler probably looked as good as he ever did in his career under Gase and it would have been better if Fox ball didn't kill their flow.

Cutler - will be broken by week 8
RGIII - will be broken 8 minutes into the season
Kaepernick - Cubans in Miami dislike him for good reason

Our options sucked anyways

He has baggage only if your organization fucking sucks and can't deal with a little extra outside noise. A solid organization would shut that shit down. You happen to root for one that is a catastrophic disaster, Ferny. I understand why you'd want to steer clear!

He should be in the league, period. "He sucks" well so do a bunch of other scrubs that have jobs. He's getting fucked and blackballed. Call it what it is.

He has baggage only if your organization fucking sucks and can't deal with a little extra outside noise. A solid organization would shut that shit down. You happen to root for one that is a catastrophic disaster, Ferny. I understand why you'd want to steer clear!

He should be in the league, period. "He sucks" well so do a bunch of other scrubs that have jobs. He's getting fucked and blackballed. Call it what it is.

No one is entitled to be in the NFL.

No one is entitled to be in the NFL.

I didn't say exactly that. Let me reword: he deserves to be in the league. I'm saying to stop using his skill set as the primary reason he doesn't have a job at all. Take away all that other shit, he would have been signed elsewhere in an instant.

And yeah, I get the "He isn't worth the baggage" statement, the bottom line for league owners is money. But I still maintain that if your franchise can't deal with the baggage, then you're not a very good one.

I didn't say exactly that. Let me reword: he deserves to be in the league. I'm saying to stop using his skill set as the primary reason he doesn't have a job at all. Take away all that other shit, he would have been signed elsewhere in an instant.

And yeah, I get the "He isn't worth the baggage" statement, the bottom line for league owners is money. But I still maintain that if your franchise can't deal with the baggage, then you're not a very good one.

There really aren't that many bad backup QB's on their second deal. I think we did this earlier in the off-season and it was like Gabbert and Geno were the only ones worse at football than Kaep. Especially when you factor in the backups role on a team with an established starter is to help with game prep. Kaep would definitely be the football dumbest backup QB on a non-rookie deal, which isn't terribly useful.

He makes sense for the Jets, the 49ers (lol) and...that's the list. The Jets want to lose and he burned his bridge in SF so what's left to him? He's just a bad fit in most systems.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its weird to me that this argument is still happening months later.

Does his talent warrant a spot on a roster, especially considering other QB's in the NFL? Yes.
Is he being blackballed? Sure seems like it.
Is that fair? No.
Should he have realized this would probably be the outcome for doing what he did in a league owned by a bunch of old white guys? Probably.

As eznark said, its not a right to be in a private sports league. Its not "right", but thats just how life is. I think people have higher expectations than they should for people at the moment. Especially rich old farts.

Its weird to me that this argument is still happening months later.

Does his talent warrant a spot on a roster, especially considering other QB's in the NFL? Yes.
Is he being blackballed? Sure seems like it.
Is that fair? No.
Should he have realized this would probably be the outcome for doing what he did in a league owned by a bunch of old white guys? Probably.

As eznark said, its not a right to be in a private sports league. Its not "right", but thats just how life is. I think people have higher expectations than they should for people at the moment. Especially rich old farts.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this all. Eznark isn't wrong either. I've just seen so many people who are absolutely adamant this has nothing to do with his politics. That's kind of baffling to me.

I don't really think "system" applies to backup QB anyways. They simplify the shit out of the playbook for any backup. He's not a complete dummy.

I don't really think "system" applies to backup QB anyways. They simplify the shit out of the playbook for any backup. He's not a complete dummy.

You misunderstand. Most teams with established guys either have a rookie contract guy (Packers w/ Hundley) or a Brains-no-talent guy (Colts w/ Tolzien). Hundley is obviously a project and the Packers hope to build him up an flip him. Tolzien is basically an extra coach. I look at Kaepernick as a slightly younger Seneca Wallace (when they were at the end of their careers). Kaepernick adds absolutely nothing to your team if he isn't starting. You can't flip him, he can't help in the film room and he probably is a shitty scout team QB given his inability to do so many things at the position. So, like Wallace, teams will give him a call midseason when a starter or backup gets hurt and they feel like it's an emergency. You know you'll have to rip out most of the playbook anyway, so there is no value in him taking up a roster spot until you absolutely need him.

Geno fits the second one...I don't know where the fuck Gabbert falls. I don't understand why Arians would want him, but Bruce does Bruce things.

CB3

Id point out that Mike Vick backed up the rapist on the steelers for like two seasons, years past him being any good. You can look at guys like Tavaris Jackson/Josh Jackson as examples of guys that were backups for a quite a while without being good. A few of one read and get the fuck out guys.

I wouldnt say its commonplace, but it happens, especially with guys that have had the heights of Kap, even if recent history doesnt quite match up.

DJ Bowser

In other Dolphins news, Jarvis Landry is being investigated for battery during an incident with his girlfriend. Bad season.

He is blowing you a kiss, phee!

DGpWA7DXsAIjM4T.jpg:large

It's fine, he didn't kneel during the anthem. No harm no foul!
That's not how these things work. All that matters is if it's filmed or not. Kaeps kneel was nationally televised!

And this seems like a real weird one... neighbors called cops after hearing yelling, his gf is denying things happenedand when the police showed up they determined no1 was hurt or in danger but it's somehow went down as a battery charge? Or maybe a different family member was involved? Confusing from what I'm getting at deadspin.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin...stigation-for-possible-battery-1797600793/amp

To a degree.

But our culture loves boot-licking any symbols of authority. You can hit a woman, but don't you dare insinuate police brutality is real.

You can do whatever you want as long as you have the talent. That is and has always been the case. The only real clear outlier is Kerry Rhodes.

Best Buy is offering $25* off Madden 18 if you trade in Madden 17.

*$15 gift card and $10 towards Madden 18, also $10 in GCU if you preorder.

Customizable Draft Board

Madden 18 also delivers one of the top community request, a Customizable Draft Board. Organize your players as you prepare for the draft using a sortable draft board. Drag and drop players the same way you set your lineup on the Team page in the Franchise hub. It’s easy and gives you more control than ever.

Draft Logic

Whether you miss the draft in your multi-user league or sim past one playing solo, the CPU will make decisions based on your draft board. For a more authentic drafting process, we’ve added a max drafted player per position limit and a cooldown per position when the CPU is drafting. Expect the CPU to draft more authentically in Madden 18.

Finally!

CB3

So. Im back. Contingent on the game not being a complete disaster. FMT has addressed my main concern . But honestly, the number one reason is that I just cant bear to have AZ in control of the Eagles. Sorry, buddy.

Top Bottom