• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego City Undercover (Wii U) NA Commercial. Anyone looking forward to this?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
looks like tons of fun, with the usual Lego visual gags and humour.

Can't wait to read the first previews, hopefully framerate gets fixed

ps loving Dirty Harry!

helium121

Banned
I will buy this day 1 if it includes the ability to invert your look. Lego Batman did not and I had to sell that on eBay after one day.

Very smart to have this released early in the Wii U's lifecycle. Just like Red Faction on the PS2 or Dead Rising on the 360, if these games came out much later in their generation no one would give a shit.

Lucent

I always thought the LEGO games were kind of odd in that a lot of the stuff isn't made of LEGOS. In those pics, if you took out the characters and vehicles, you could mistake it for a more realistic game. heh

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Is Peter Serafinowicz just lending a voice to this or is he writing some of the game as well?

Jumpman23

I am buying this day one. I really enjoy the Lego series of games with my kids and this one looks to add quite a bit of open space to the mix. Any word on co-op local or online?

Just to confirm, there isn't a release date yet and it's expected early 2013, right? I may go ahead and pre-order at 49.99 that others mentioned above.

Lucent

Just to confirm, there isn't a release date yet and it's expected early 2013, right? I may go ahead and pre-order at 49.99 that others mentioned above.

I would after hearing about this. But I already have over $100 put down on Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition and $45 for Dead Space 3 on Newegg. >_<

hatchx

Banned
If there is no inverted controls I don't think I'd even be able to play it. I would literally return a game right away if they didn't offer it.

With that said, when the hell is this game coming out?

rouken

how does a lego game do saleswise?

with this being an exclusive to wii u, i hope it become quite sucessful because we need more games like this. it looks fun to play.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
how does a lego game do saleswise?

with this being an exclusive to wii u, i hope it become quite sucessful because we need more games like this. it looks fun to play.

Traditionally really well.

Sqorgar

Banned
I always thought the LEGO games were kind of odd in that a lot of the stuff isn't made of LEGOS. In those pics, if you took out the characters and vehicles, you could mistake it for a more realistic game. heh
It would be a nightmare to design LEGO models for every single element of every single level. However, most of the LEGO games feature a bonus level made up of LEGO-only objects and a few have level editors where you can build your own levels (out of premade sets).

Lucent

It would be a nightmare to design LEGO models for every single element of every single level. However, most of the LEGO games feature a bonus level made up of LEGO-only objects and a few have level editors where you can build your own levels (out of premade sets).

That's pretty cool. I'm not bashing them for it and it does seem to work pretty well. I'm wondering if this game will really be fun and have good replay value. And I wonder why Amazon lists its normal prices as $99.99 with it crossed out down to $49.99. I guess it's a weird error but geez. lol

pubba

Is Peter Serafinowicz just lending a voice to this or is he writing some of the game as well?

This was always going to be a wiiU system seller for me, but now it's just become a definite must buy. Peter S is brilliant and I love all these goofy Lego games. Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea he was involved.

Eusis

If there is no inverted controls I don't think I'd even be able to play it. I would literally return a game right away if they didn't offer it.

With that said, when the hell is this game coming out?
I've actually been trying to break myself of that hangup after Zone of the Enders HD didn't allow for inverting. Works better to get started with something like that since fine aiming is rarely needed.

Yeah, there's something about this game that was very charming and seems like a lot more work and thought went into it than other Lego games.

If the reviews are around the 8 level, I may buy it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It looks like it has enough elements to be fun and varied but how well developed each is remains to be seen. If there's crap vehicle control, crap platforming segments, crap combat, etc, etc, then having all of it won't make it any good either.

Why do all these lego games use realistic environments though? Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to make things look (only look, no actual individual blocks etc) like they're made of lego pieces like some objects here and there are instead?

Something like The Wonderful 101's style + legos might have looked better overall in the end and also hide the shortcomings (this roll of hay is blocky because it's made of legos, duh, not because we didn't want to waste polygons on it, no way sir!).

Rootbeer

Banned
I just found the Chase McCain preorder figure at Target and bought a couple. Pretty cool!

I bought one... for $1 it's a good deal. Plus you get a $5 target gift card when you redeem the pre-order.

The figure is included in some of the 2013 LEGO City sets though so it's not that exclusive.

Oh, btw, this set (and maybe other LEGO City sets, not sure) contain DLC codes of some sort for LEGO City Undercover. According to toysrus.com the code will "unlock special missions and vehicles" in the game.

60007_alt1.png

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I bought one... for $1 it's a good deal. Plus you get a $5 target gift card when you redeem the pre-order.

The figure is included in some of the 2013 LEGO City sets though so it's not that exclusive.

Oh, btw, this set (and maybe other LEGO City sets, not sure) contain DLC codes of some sort for LEGO City Undercover. According to toysrus.com the code will "unlock special missions and vehicles" in the game.

Now I want all of the lego city sets. >_<

FUCK! It may not be NFC, but still a brilliant tie-in, a first for the series, nice way to sell more Lego sets! XD

Mitsurux

Been keeping my eye on this game for quite some time..... seems like it could be really fun (based on the quility of the past "Lego" games)

Effect

Damn. Here I thought I got off easy when Skylanders did not appeal to me at all. If this game grabs me like I hope it will this could be the first time in a very long time that I end up with a Lego set(s) for myself and not a gift for a younger family member.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
my antivirus just gave me a 'beefiware' malware warning for page 3. maybe an ad?

is this by travellers tales? The character building from a pile of bricks was straight out of their lego games. If so, then I suddenly have more confidence in this, as I've always enjoyed their lego games and sense of humour.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Looks alright. IGN has a hands-on article going up today so that shall be interesting to read.

Top Bottom