• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I just finished the first draft for the third and final ToCS article (including editing a very short video).

Now I just pray that not too much goes wrong before and during launch.

Tizoc

I just finished the first draft for the third and final ToCS article (including editing a very short video).

Yo Durante any chance you could implement a DX11 or such wrapper to Xanadu Next for a future update?

Mivey

I really, really, really want to play the Crossbell games, but I want to play them officially :(
I hope Xseed releases them eventually.
You know, this doesn't have to be an either/or thing. There is precedent, for using fan-translations as the basis of official ones. Even for text-heavy games, like visual novels. Assuming it's not far beneath the standards of Xseed, (and I do, since I want to play it anyway), that would save Xseed a ton of money and allow the fan translators to have the Crossbell games released even more accessibly to a larger audience. (And Xseed would probably pay them, I guess, not sure how that was done in the past).

Wok

JawMuncher alert.

58w6gi7.jpg
cascada_by_chrismasna-d9i92rw.png

Wok

:0

What is about??

From the website:

Summary: living like a true dinosaur in a dynamic open world through intense, survival based gameplay.

Play as Dakotaraptor, Pachycephalosaurus, Tyrannosaurus or Triceratops. Our eventual goal is to have each of these four complete their entire life cycle from hatchling to adult. Once the base game is complete, we will also be adding two bonus animals, Anzu and Ankylosaurus, which were chosen by our Kickstarter backers.

6JkrIe9.jpg

We pride ourselves on our scientific rigor. All aspects of Saurian are backed up with extensive research to ensure our animals and their world is up to date with the cutting edge of scientific knowledge. This involves consultation with leading experts including but not limited to: Denver Fowler, Robert DePalma, John R. Hutchinson, Matt Wedel and Gregory Wilson.

Our team are not only scholars of palaeontology, but also of game design. The most important feature we wish to bring across with Saurian is an enjoyable experience. Each playable dinosaur will provide unique gameplay balancing interest, challenge and most importantly: fun.

iosefe

:0

What is about??

Players will take control of several extinct species in their natural environment and attempt to survive from hatchling to adult. Staying alive means managing physical needs while avoiding predators and natural hazards in an open world landscape reflecting up-to-date scientific knowledge of the Hell Creek

How's the support for the Steam version of Flight Sim X? Aware it's pretty old at this point but but kinda fancy it now that it's on sale on Humble.

Phawx

It's wild that the config menu specifically mentions GPD Win. Thanks for the work you do mang.

Madventure

But there was a recent scientific article or study or whatever they're called stating/refuting the feather thing with T-Rexes and that they most definitely had scaley skin.

They weren't mega chickens. I'm sure some dinosaurs probably had feathers buuuut... They look so stupid.

Jawmuncher

I think a big issue with dinosaur games as of late is the lack of any single player focused titles with them as the main course. Since even "dinosaur" titles such as the recent Turok ports have more aliens and other things than they do dinosaurs.

I just wanna see another Sine Player Focused Dinosaur title. The last one to come out was technically Jurassic The Hunted off the top of my head.

Just a heads up.
There's a pretty cool action-platformer coming out tomorrow.
It's called Skeleton Boomerang: http://store.steampowered.com/app/658150/?snr=1_5_9__205

Anyone who has ever enjoyed the boomerang physics in classic games like Ninja Gaiden should consider giving this title a look.

Full review - http://www.cubed3.com/review/4060/1/skeleton-boomerang-pc.html

Is this a different game or an enhanced version of the previous game?

It's an enhanced version.

Here's my review of Infinite Burst that highlights the differences - http://www.cubed3.com/review/4048/1/bullet-soul-infinite-burst-pc.html

Lain

I will say Tizoc isn't entirely off base. I love dinosaurs but am a bit more picky on the games that feature them.

I'd say you just love Regina and use the whole dinosaur thing to try and obfuscate it. You can come out and admit you have a thing for short haired redheads. We won't judge you!

MUnited83

For you.
Holy shit. I could buy 274 games I don't own for 15$. The fact that I actually thought about doing that disgusted me a little.
2$ has to be enough...
I got like 170 of them. Pretty good investment since I'll likely make more than I spend on trading cards.

Also had to activate with a interval of a couple of hours because Steam locked out activation after 50 or so games lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG is selling UMVC3 again. Its not on sale or anything tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh not only is Darkwood out in2 weeks, but The Long Dark is out...tomorow? Sweet.

Hope the story mode is good, I love the idea of survival games in concept, but most of them lose me for being aimless (which is probably the point but im a minority in that sense). It's one of the reasons I loved Flame in the Flood so much compared to let's say, Don't Starve.

Gimme a 8 hour campaign with those survival elements in and im good, I dont need to do it for 50 hours.

edit: actually, this reminds me. Is there a website out there that tracks Early Access games, when they come out, when they will come out, stuff like that? Im sure there are many of people that, like me, dont play these games until they are "out", and there's probably games I own that "came out" and I have no idea (for example I just randomly found out about The Long Dark coming out tomorow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom