• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Nabs

I knew Molly was going to be on that the second dude showed up. They had instant chemistry, then she ran off to his table.

Had almost the exact same situation as Lawrence with those girls in a grocery store parking lot when I was on vacation. It led to a drunk fight with my friends cause I brought "randoms" to the house. Lol, watch them Chocolate Chasers, Lawrence

When we getting a Kelli spin-off?

She's developing her own show at HBO. Issa says that a lot of her material is off the top, so her show should be good.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Completely anecdotal...but they live in LA. The many times I've been there, the young 20 to 30ish somethings were mostly gorgeous.
Only beautiful people go out to the hip and happening places. All the fuglies go to the local town bars or sports bars. 🚮

DominoKid

I have a question for the straight dudes...how common is the situation Lawrence ended up in?

I mean, anybody who follows my posts in BlackGAF knows that I'm pretty sexual. I'm proudly out there and sewing my wild oats, honey.

But if I were in that situation, and some random nigga tried to buy my groceries and invite me straight back to his place for an obvious dick-down...

HELL NAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

I mean, I don't step out the house unless I'm looking like a snack, but that was just the wrong kind of thirsty those ladies were displaying. I would be so turned off. Not to mention, I MAKE MY OWN DUCKETS. You ain't buyin shit for me.

Are straight dudes that easy out in these streets?

yeah i would've taken a chance on those two no questions asked. sometimes you gotta play shit out and see where it goes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Hella Shook

Issa tries to build a roster at a work retreat, but butts heads with Frieda. Meanwhile, Molly's day takes an unexpected turn at her parents' vow renewal ceremony; and Lawrence stumbles upon news about Issa.

royalan

I know you ain't talkin

...What? HOW DARE YOU?? You don't know me and I don't know you!

rzk6Q1w.gif

Goddamn, they got some tall dudes on this show. Is your life that much better being tall, good looking and fit? Guess I start putting in work at the gym.

I am weirdly invested in the Regina Hall/ Scott Foley show they have playing in the background.

Solid episode overall. Keep strong Lawerence.

Lawerence literally has a room for his feelings

He sensitive, let him be.

zelas

Glad they settled Lawrence vs Issa. She was wrong regardless of how slow he was. And she still fucking up left and right. This is just who she is.

Issa's phone getting her in trouble at work and on the road. SMH

Daniel might be walking down the same path that Tasha was.

Does neighbor bae get high and watch the Regina Hall slave show or is he still going thru Gossip Girl.

Molly finding out marriages aren't perfect, luckily for her Dro was there to pick up the pieces. Sterling K Brown going back to This Is Us disappointed.

Hmm, not sure I'm with Issa concerning the principal thing. I expected her to go somewhere else with it. Also, that's why you shouldn't be looking at your phone when you're driving.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Lawrence's Room

I like how this show doesn't try to simplify any of the characters. A lot of programs would've made Daniel a jerk, just so you could feel bad for Lawrence. But Daniel seems like a good dude. Same with Dro. His girl been out for awhile though...that's suspicious.

Are we sure that Dro's wife agrees with the "open relationship"?

Also FYI, The actor who plays Dro is named Sarunas Jackson and he's a former 6'8" basketball player turned actor 😏

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Are we sure that Dro's wife agrees with the "open relationship"?

I don't know if I buy it. His wife been on vacation for a long ass time. The excuses are too perfect. She says it's okay AND she's gone? Hmmmmmm 😒

Kreed

Aunties always have all the dirt

Yep. Molly's parents should have told her before the Aunts.

Lawrence's Room

I like how this show doesn't try to simplify any of the characters. A lot of programs would've made Daniel a jerk, just so you could feel bad for Lawrence. But Daniel seems like a good dude. Same with Dro. His girl been out for awhile though...that's suspicious.

I like that the show isn't trying to make Issa or Lawrence look "good" with their decisions.

royalan

Exactly. She has more issues than goofy Issa.

Yeah.

Like, I can understand her not feeling Sterling K Brown's character. Sometimes somebody is good on paper but the vibe just isn't there. I saw it as a sign of growth from Molly when she curbed him last episode.

But to bring him back when she knows she's not interested, only to curb him again? That's EXACTLY what she did to the bi dude last season. And at her parents' house!?

And then backsliding with her married childhood friend (and no, I don't believe that "open marriage" bullshit for one second)???

This episode was classic Molly in all the worst ways.

norinrad

Yeah.

Like, I can understand her not feeling Sterling K Brown's character. Sometimes somebody is good on paper but the vibe just isn't there. I saw it as a sign of growth from Molly when she curbed him last episode.

But to bring him back when she knows she's not interested, only to curb him again? That's EXACTLY what she did to the bi dude last season. And at her parents' house!?

And then backsliding with her married childhood friend (and no, I don't believe that "open marriage" bullshit for one second)???

This episode was classic Molly in all the worst ways.

Dude wasn't bi, he got his d**k sucked once, just like women kissing en not feeling it after that and going back to a d**k.

Molly is the type of a lady i would never date. Not worth wasting time on. She's one of those women you'd have a chat with at a party about politics while you watch paint dry. Issa, Tasha and Kelli are all crazy, but fun to interact with. They have more passion and emotion.

royalan

It feels like Issa is heading toward some kind of break down, Frieda about to snap on her and it will be deserved

Yep. There's no more excuses for Issa at this point. Her ignoring the discrimination Hispanic kids are facing at school just because she needs some success at work is bull. There's ALWAYS a convenient excuse for why good people let discrimination go unchallenged.

I'm with Frieda. I expected better from her character. If she gets clocked for letting this go it'll be deserved.

norinrad

Yep. There's no more excuses for Issa at this point. Her ignoring the discrimination Hispanic kids are facing at school just because she needs some success at work is bull. There's ALWAYS a convenient excuse for why good people let discrimination go unchallenged.

I'm with Frieda. I expected better from her character. If she gets clocked for letting this go it'll be deserved.

Not only has she been ignoring the blatant racism at the school, she's also homophobic. Watch the scene from episode one with Myles (thug hehehe) when he asks about Kelli and Issa says, he knows she's not gay. The look and reaction on her face gave it away. Issa has issues but is still fun to have around compared to Molly.

You could say Kelli is the most normal one in that group.

royalan

Not only has she been ignoring the blatant racism at the school, she's also homophobic. Watch the scene from episode one with Myles (thug hehehe) when he asks about Kelli and Issa says, he knows she's not gay. The look and reaction on her face gave it away. Issa has issues but is still fun to have around compared to Molly.

You could say Kelli is the most normal one in that group.

Eh, I dunno if I'd say Issa is a homophobe. She gave a pretty full-throated defense of bi men last season.

Socivol

Eh, I dunno if I'd say Issa is a homophobe. She gave a pretty full-throated defense of bi men last season.

Plus her brother is gay as well. So I don't think she's homophobic at all. That's a really common reaction (that I've seen) when people ask black women that are single if they are gay. It typically has less to do with them not liking gay people and more of an annoyance that if they don't have a man people immediately think they are gay.

norinrad

Plus her brother is gay as well. So I don't think she's homophobic at all. That's a really common reaction (that I've seen) when people ask black women that are single if they are gay. It typically has less to do with them not liking gay people and more of an annoyance that if they don't have a man people immediately think they are gay.

Alright, thanks for explaining things. :)

Samara

Molly is a mess. Bringing the guy at a family affair. Dude 's like ''I'm waiting for my plate. You got this?''

Cut the the Lawrence shit out. Focus on someone else. Basic dude thinks he's God's gift to women. Skip.

Every time is see Daniel....
giphy.gif

My God.

Molly is a mess. Bringing the guy at a family affair. Dude 's like ''I'm waiting for my plate. You got this?''

Cut the the Lawrence shit out. Focus on someone else. Basic dude thinks he's God's gift to women. Skip.

Every time is see Daniel....
giphy.gif

My God.
I have a terrible memory. What did Lawrence do this episode?

I have a terrible memory. What did Lawrence do this episode?

Nothing, really. He just got a reality check about how much being a slacker for so long strained his relationship with Issa. I swear, some of the people on here make him out to be the worst person ever.

I BET people aren't going to give Molly nearly as much shit for bringing Sterling's character to her family's party than they did for Lawrence bailing on Tasha's, even though they were equally as shitty

Grizzlyjin

I BET people aren't going to give Molly nearly as much shit for bringing Sterling's character to her family's party than they did for Lawrence bailing on Tasha's, even though they were equally as shitty

Naw, that was shitty. She did find out some news but that doesn't excuse bailing like that. I don't even know why she brought him if she wasn't feeling him. She acted standoffish while he was there and totally blanked the second Dro popped up.

ApharmdX

Banned
Frieda is 100% in the right. There's got to be a reckoning on Issa for overlooking vice principal's racism. I don't care if he saved your program or not, that shit is not ok.

So...

Uh...

Where the #LawrenceHive at?

Because Derek read the shit out of your boy.

What Derek said was fair. It doesn't excuse the cheating (Issa is just a mess!) but absolutely Lawrence deserved that bit of truth.

zelas

Forgot about that from last season. Definitely the exact same thing. You would think someone who acts so serious about finding love wouldn't be wasting their time running towards the same dead ends.

Greenymac

So...

Uh...

Where the #LawrenceHive at?

Because Derek read the shit out of your boy.

Lawrence needed to hear that. I'm pretty sure hearing that will improve his growth. It seems he and Issa are going in two different directions. Just found this thread and subbed.

norinrad

Dude Molly has been dating comes off a bit creepy though.

Why do women waste the time of guys they do not like? Was she looking for confirmation from her family when she invited him?

Yado

Dude Molly has been dating comes off a bit creepy though.

Why do women waste the time of guys they do not like? Was she looking for confirmation from her family when she invited him?

I think she just wanted someone "decent" to show off so people wouldn't continue thinking she was having trouble finding a man.

Top Bottom