• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

in 'Curse you millennials!' news: 19 Industries millennials are killing

jufonuk

not tag worthy
damn you Millennials how did you get such power?

why are x'ers/Xenials so weak in comparison.

we may have killed blockbuster, or maybe not?

I dunno..

dammit.
we are like the sensible(ish) people who just keep to ourselves.

Huh, not many of those are things I will miss. I just stopped using fabric softeners recently and notice no difference in my laundry.

Kthulhu

The Oil one shocks me considering how many of my peers are majoring in petroleum engineering. I live in Houston though, so that might be why.

Drazgul

acc1d8d5b3c4e8536186542599f0910f94089f5f.gif

FStubbs

I'm sure there's an even bigger list of things from the Silent and Greatest generations that Baby Boomers killed in the 60s and 70s.

Anybody want to use a slide rule or a washboard?

Causal dining restaurants - good
Beer - I think they just drink less pisswater
Napkins - good
Titty and Wings joints - good
Cereal - bad. then again they probably mean garbage like Froot Loops so good actually
Golf - good
Motorcycles - good
Homeownership - yeah right
Yogurt, especially light yogurt - bad
Bar(as a 90s kid i wash my ass - lol
Diamonds - good
Banks - good
Department stores - good
Designer handbags - good
Gyms(Crossfit for the win, all you need is some dangerously heavy shit and rope) - eh
Home improvement stores - good
Football - good
Oil - GOOD
Fabric softener - good

Oh no?

"Breaking news: Baby Boomers fucked all future generations and the planet! Story at 11."

That should be the real headline

Edit how the fuck did we destroy napkins!! Which one of you fuckers are wiping with your sleeves?!

Timeaisis

Beer? The beer industry is bigger than it's ever been.

By "beer" I'm guessing they actually mean killing the lack of competition in beer.

Under "Beer" the two companies representative of the dying industry are

Boston Beer Company, which is basically Sam Adams stuff.
and
Constellation Brands, which according to wikipedia is this:
The company has more than 100 brands in its portfolio. Wine brands include Robert Mondavi, Wild Horse Winery, Clos du Bois, Franciscan Estates, Kim Crawford, Meiomi, Mark West, Ruffino, and The Prisoner. Constellation's beer portfolio includes imported brands such as Corona, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo, Pacífico, as well as Ballast Point and Funky Buddha. Spirits brands include Black Velvet Canadian Whisky, Svedka Vodka, Casa Noble Tequila and High West Whiskey.

66gEQV.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Under "Beer" the two companies representative of the dying industry are

Boston Beer Company, which is basically Sam Adams stuff.
and
Constellation Brands, which according to wikipedia is this:

66gEQV.gif

Yeah, give me a fucking break. "Beer" is dying because millennials are actually supporting local/smaller brewers instead of the nationwide brands. Bitch please.

To be fair though Sam Adams Octoberfest is my go-to purchase for the period of the year starting very shortly.

I was just thinking the other day, "does anyone use automatic can openers anymore?" My family had one as a kid, but I just have one those rinky dink manual ones and it works just fine, and every friend or family member that I've visited has the same thing.

GodofWine

Causal dining restaurants - BAD food is killing the big name Casual DIning places - more and more smaller local places now exist - Better food / Food Network / etc is killing the Applebees of the world.

Beer - Last I checked micro brews were booming, same issue with the restaturants, better and more options will reduce dependency on mass produced 'yellow fizzy water'.

Napkins - Im 40, have a family, and we use paper towels, napkins are dead.

Titty and Wings joints - Thanks to the internet, you can see all the ladies you want without being a perv in public (I do like hooter's wings though - but haven't been there in probably 10 years)

Cereal - Surprised at this - but many peope eat a 'bar' on the run , or a smoothie.

Golf - Golf is expensive, other stuff is expensive, Rent is oppressive. Golf has to go - and its boring and in a on demand / work all the time world, 5 hours at a golf course is not ideal for many younger workers, working in the 'gig' economy.

Motorcycles - Same deal , not cheap, not needed. Rent is too high to save enough to buy one.

Homeownership - Overpriced, - ties you down - they'll buy homes in 10 years - until then they'll rent, at inflated prices that slow down their entry into ownership.

Yogurt, especially light yogurt - light yogurt is like eating a snickers - good for them realizing this - Greek or bust.

Bar Soap - Marketing bodywash worked, Bar is superior, they'll wise up :)

Diamonds - Gotta get married, settle down, buy a house...they'll be the oldest to marry generation yet - give them time - Diamonds are stupid though - cost a lot, really are just a marketing hype thing by DeBeers

Banks - A money market / checking account in a brokerage is a fine alternative - Banks are where I put money while I try to decide where to REALLY put it.

Department stores - Suck - good - Kill em

Designer handbags - Millenials have pretty good common sense about whats needed and whats a waste - these are a waste

Gyms(Crossfit for the win, all you need is some dangerously heavy shit and rope) - Gyms near me are full?

Home improvement stores - sigh..no home, no Home Depot - give em time

Football - Agreed - watching grown men damage their brains is getting old - my son isn't allowed to play tackle, its not worth it.

Oil - THANK YOU

Fabric softener - Ha, never used it myself

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I was just thinking the other day, "does anyone use automatic can openers anymore?" My family had one as a kid, but I just have one those rinky dink manual ones and it works just fine, and every friend or family member that I've visited has the same thing.

I do. I just bought a replacement one a month ago. I can confirm it was much harder to find one in a store than just 4 years ago. So seems like they are in fact dying out.

I just steal napkins from fast food restaurants. It's something my parents passed down to me. We always had a ready supply of McDonalds napkins and Taco Bell hot sauce.

Diamonds dying? Sounds good to me.

What better way to spend our low wages than a bloated artificial demand control mineral by one giant corporation that are diamonds.

Two months pay salary for an engagement right in this economy as a millennia, lol, you are out of your minds.

Top Bottom