• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

aechris

Where can I buy a Sony X900E 49" in store? Lots of places online, but I want to go into a brick and mortar and check it out first. Is this a thing? (Hamilton area)

Lexxism

Where can I buy a Sony X900E 49" in store? Lots of places online, but I want to go into a brick and mortar and check it out first. Is this a thing?
I don't know where you are but try checking visions electronics. It seems they have one available.

antibolo

Banned
Ah ok you guys are right. The error wasn't showing up for me until the final checkout page.

Total $32.18, damn. I wasn't planning on buying this game, but at that price for a steelbook edition...

Madness

Where can I buy a Sony X900E 49" in store? Lots of places online, but I want to go into a brick and mortar and check it out first. Is this a thing? (Hamilton area)

Pretty sure it just launched. So you may want to check Best Buy or London Drugs but I don't think it is widespread available yet.

Moltenix

Hmm, someone hooked me up with one of them 20% off PSN codes.

Debating if I should grab Horizon for $64.Could keep me busy while I wait for the Switch stock situation to improve so I could finally play my copy of BotW. But at the same time, $64 bucks! How likely are we to see a sale on the physical copy for $50 by this summer? Should I just jump in now? :S

Takuan

Whoa, good lookin' out on FFXII. I don't even care all that much about the game, but for $30 with a steelcase I can't say no.

farisr

I ordered FFXII at that price, but will likely end up cancelling closer to release anyways. The combat style never looked appealing to me, and that recent gameplay vid from PAX didn't do anything to change my mind on that. Not sure how easy it would be to sell on kijiji for a decent profit either.

Mimosa97

It was my reading week! I put in about 8 hours a day, which isn't typical of me but it's such a good game.

I was able to sell horizon last week for $70 so who knows?

I'm 50 hours in and haven't beaten the game yet. That's why I thought you sold it before finishing the game which would have been a crime against humanity lol

Where did you get that much money for horizon ? Kijiji ? Dafuq

I'm 50 hours in and haven't beaten the game yet. That's why I thought you sold it before finishing the game which would have been a crime against humanity lol

Where did you get that much money for horizon ? Kijiji ? Dafuq
A local FB gaming buy/sell group, I actually sell like 60% of my games and what not through that group over kijiji.

kevin1025

Banned
Hmm, someone hooked me up with one of them 20% off PSN codes.

Debating if I should grab Horizon for $64.Could keep me busy while I wait for the Switch stock situation to improve so I could finally play my copy of BotW. But at the same time, $64 bucks! How likely are we to see a sale on the physical copy for $50 by this summer? Should I just jump in now? :S

I think Horizon may be like Uncharted 4 and be a little slim on its deals, maybe a $20 drop here and there.

For $64, you definitely can't go wrong, the game is fantastic!

Then again... Switch should see an uptick in inventory starting in April, with the new fiscal year and Mario Kart needing some more stock.

Moltenix

I think Horizon may be like Uncharted 4 and be a little slim on its deals, maybe a $20 drop here and there.

For $64, you definitely can't go wrong, the game is fantastic!

Then again... Switch should see an uptick in inventory starting in April, with the new fiscal year and Mario Kart needing some more stock.

Aite, just went through with the purchase. Had some leftover credits in my wallet so just picked up both Ratchet and Horizon for $50.

Nintendo, you can take your sweet ass time stocking Switches. I'll be good for the next month or so. Oh yeah, Persona 5 is just around the corner too. I'm good till summer then lol

Indelible

I finally pulled the trigger on Amazon Prime, FF XII for less than $30 is way to good to pass up. Hopefully some good Switch games get announced at E3 so I can take advantage of 20% off.

superbad

Has anyone traded RE7 at EB lately? Thinking of finally unloading my copy and was wondering if it's dropped below $30 base.

What are people using as a charging cable for your Switch on the go? I don't always want to unplug the dock and bring that cable with me.

Cake Boss

Banned
while we're talking about cars

anyone has an opinion on the Chevrolet Spark? Wondering if I should go for a test drive

My wife has this car, it's a decent little car. Lacks horses tho, trying to merge at highway speeds is a struggle. Comes with good features. Resale value not the best as well.

I would look into the Fiesta ST if you want a small compact car but also one of the funnest cars to drive, great value car too.

Amazon is usually pretty good on price errors, but the Zodiac Age one has been up for WAY too long which means a LOT of people have taken advantage of it.

Plus I doubt they're getting enough of the Steelbook version to fulfill all of these preorders...

Iced

For anyone who snagged a Switch + Zelda bundle from Best Buy on Friday but doesn't actually want to keep Zelda:

(from their website)
If you purchased an item as part of a bundle package, you may return that item separately. However, if you decide to break up that bundle by returning an item, the price of all items in the bundle reverts to what they would be if they were purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.
Source

I already own Zelda from EB trade credit, and I didn't know what I was gonna do with this extra copy of Zelda. Thankfully since the price of the bundle is just the individual prices of Zelda and a Switch combined, anyone who bought it can get $79.99 + tax back for Zelda if they don't need it.

imBask

Banned
My wife has this car, it's a decent little car. Lacks horses tho, trying to merge at highway speeds is a struggle. Comes with good features. Resale value not the best as well.

I would look into the Fiesta ST if you want a small compact car but also one of the funnest cars to drive, great value car too.

i'll add the Fiesta it to the shortlist, thanks

Socreges

Banned
Can I conceivably cancel Prime, renew just before FFXII is slated to ship, and cancel when it does? So I just pay the one monthly fee?

Edit- oh they charge annually....damnit. Not sure I care to have Prime for $80

I finally pulled the trigger on Amazon Prime, FF XII for less than $30 is way to good to pass up. Hopefully some good Switch games get announced at E3 so I can take advantage of 20% off.

Amazon has 20% off game pre-orders during E3 every year regardless of whether you have Prime. Up until last year, it was actually 30% off.

Can I conceivably cancel Prime, renew just before FFXII is slated to ship, and cancel when it does? So I just pay the one monthly fee?

Edit- oh they charge annually....damnit. Not sure I care to have Prime for $80

Do you still have access to an academic email? You could always pretend you're a student.

SickBoy

The charging cable that comes with the Pro controller. It also comes with the charging grip.

I think the other element of that question is what are people using as a power source... there's been a fair deal of talk about power banks... not much about wall plugs.

centracore

What are people using as a charging cable for your Switch on the go? I don't always want to unplug the dock and bring that cable with me.

I'm using my Chromebook Plus charger.. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that Nintendo went all in with USB-C on the Switch instead of some proprietary bullshit like the 3DS or Wii U.

Amazon has 20% off game pre-orders during E3 every year regardless of whether you have Prime. Up until last year, it was actually 30% off.

Which is ample enough evidence that Amazon's E3 promo is subject to change and that what was the case last year may not be the case this year, especially given that the Prime discount is new.

That's not a reason to sign up for Prime right now, of course, but it's something to consider as we inch closer to E3. The trend over the last few years has been for retailers to cut back their E3 promos (Best Buy basically got out of the game last year with their "idk have a bunch of Reward Zone points" promo). We can hope, as always, that the trend reverses, but prepare for the worst.

Kyolux

Which is ample enough evidence that Amazon's E3 promo is subject to change and that what was the case last year may not be the case this year, especially given that the Prime discount is new.

That's not a reason to sign up for Prime right now, of course, but it's something to consider as we inch closer to E3. The trend over the last few years has been for retailers to cut back their E3 promos (Best Buy basically got out of the game last year with their "idk have a bunch of Reward Zone points" promo). We can hope, as always, that the trend reverses, but prepare for the worst.

Yup, expecting business as usual for e3 this year is a bit unrealistic.

soultron

Banned
I feel like even if the FF12 price error results in order cancellations, we might get some credit? Remember when they were dishing $5 credits for games that didn't ship (lol) at release?

Socreges

Banned
I feel like even if the FF12 price error results in order cancellations, we might get some credit? Remember when they were dishing $5 credits for games that didn't ship (lol) at release?
Someone here claimed that a customer service rep said Amazon would honour the orders...

SickBoy

Yep. Given the launch of the Prime discount here, I'm holding out some hope that maybe they'll do an extra 10% off for E3 or something. Of course, they might just say "screw it" this year, too, and not offer any savings.

But whatever the case, the way they implemented last year's discounts (and the way they've made the Prime discount work) almost certainly means the days are over of percentage discounts and the "release date price guarantee" working together.

Socreges

Banned
Oh I'm confident they will. But I'm thinking that even the worst case scenario will be good too, should we get credit if they don't honour it.
Gotcha.

I'd almost prefer the credit since I thought I was being clever with signing up to a free trial and planning to cancel but still retaining the FFXII deal. 🙄

kevin1025

Banned
Yep. Given the launch of the Prime discount here, I'm holding out some hope that maybe they'll do an extra 10% off for E3 or something. Of course, they might just say "screw it" this year, too, and not offer any savings.

But whatever the case, the way they implemented last year's discounts (and the way they've made the Prime discount work) almost certainly means the days are over of percentage discounts and the "release date price guarantee" working together.

They might do the 20% for non-Prime, 30% for Prime members. But that sounds too good to be true, haha.

Yup, expecting business as usual for e3 this year is a bit unrealistic.

How is it any less realistic than assuming the E3 discounts will be gone? That's an assumption too. We'll have to just wait and see. But buying Prime now for the purpose of the 20% discounts would be premature until we see what happens at E3. Of course, there are other reasons to get Prime too.

Kyolux

How is it any less realistic than assuming the E3 discounts will be gone? That's an assumption too. We'll have to just wait and see. But buying Prime now for the purpose of the 20% discounts would be premature until we see what happens at E3. Of course, there are other reasons to get Prime too.

Because up to now amazon has been a year behind whatever Best Buy has been doing. They're also more interested in selling prime membership than anything.

F4r0_Atak

I just ordered 3 copies of the FFXII steelbook edition because of this amazing thread, one for me and two other copies for my friends. I just wonder how the discounts were calculated... as it doesn't make any sense to me. :/

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:________________CDN$ 239.97
Shipping & Handling:_____________CDN$ 0.00
Prime Savings:_________________ -CDN$ 108.00
Prime Savings: ________________ -CDN$ 48.00
Total before tax:_________________CDN$ 83.97
Estimated GST/HST:_____________CDN$ 4.20
Estimated PST/RST/QST:_________CDN$ 8.37
Grand Total:____________________CDN$ 96.54

The first discount for some reasons applies a ~45% off the base MSRP (239.97$ for 3 copies before promo).
The second applies the regular Prime discount of 20%, the reason why it's 48$ off.
How the fuck did the system calculated that 108$ off? The total discount on this order because this mistake sums up to a 65% off. Hope Amazon will honor this order/price/promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom