• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The neoGAF E3 2013 Rumour Tracking List

Spongebob

Banned
Very doubtful of most of those Sony rumors. Only ones I see happening are Planetside and the PS+ thing. I could see Last Guardian happening though, so what's keeping me doubtful on that front is mostly pessimism.

I'm still not convinced Versus is becoming XV, and if it is I doubt it will remain exclusive. Kingdom Hearts thing doesn't sound wildly far-fetched, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a PS3 SKU as well if it's just another HD remake. And I don't think Demon's Souls 2 is ever happening. If it did, I doubt From would be involved anyway, at which point I'd be annoyed at Sony riding their coattails after shitting on the original.

Xbox One stuff sounds super underwhelming, so it's probably true.

As for Nintendo, I do think they're going to show the Wii U Mario game. If they don't I'll be really disappointed.
Prepare to be surprised.

God I hope this is false. I want to avoid having to buy a XBone for as long as possible.

Would they do something like Smite where it's third person? Would they make it an actual adventure game where you play as the different champions and follow the stories detailed in their lore? Ugh.

You could just get it on PC....

There was talk of LittleBigPlanet 3 being a ps3 game made by someone not Media Molecule.
I would not be shocked if we hear about this week or left until later in the year though.

it would most likely be Tarsier Studios, who did the LBP2 DLC as well as the entire LBP Vita game (and did an awesome job too) but i REALLY hope it's not them because i'd rather them make Metronome instead. :\

Brofield

Hrm...even seeing Mirror's Edge 2 listed as an exclusive has me worried I'll get meself banned for portbegging. Gonna be tought to keep that reeled in. Otherwise I should survive the rest of the meltdowns.

At the very least I will be making loud and sarcastic remarks about UNPRECEDENTED PARTNERSHIP.

But yeah, step up the Wii U rumours. I mean, the ninjas do a damn fine job of keeping a leak-free ship, but seriously? Nothing like Acid Ghost, or Paul Gale's Metroid x StarFox fanfic?

Hell, I'll even take anyones dream SSB4 wishlist that try to pass it off as a source from their uncle that works at Nintendo. I'm grasping at straws here for anything outside of these slim pickings!

jbug617

Banned
Hell, I'll even take anyones dream SSB4 wishlist that try to pass it off as a source from their uncle that works at Nintendo. I'm grasping at straws here for anything outside of these slim pickings!

Did the Goku rumor for SSB4 come from here?

Tschis

SuqVOWV.png

get hype! i guess

If Killer Instinct is true, I just don't think MS will envision it as a fighting game. Maybe it'll be a third person action game similar to Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox.

Hmm.. Dont think so, something that a lot of people dont remember is that a good part of the original killer instinct was prerrendered in SGI stations , MS is going to show off that a game that had to be prerrendered 10-15 years ago now can be done completely in real time and look photorealistic using the power of the cloud or some nonsense.

That is IF the rumor is true.

Although to be honest it is true that MS finally got the name from FOX who were using it for a tv series. and Rare now works for MS, so it is possible.

p.s.
And before you mention it, yes killer instinct 2 and the 64 versions were prerendered too, only some backgrounds were 3D with prerendered textures on top. Most of it were "hi res" sprites.

KI makes alot of sense as a tech showcase because of all the different effects that the characters would use

Riptor
Cinder
Glacius
Spinal
Sabrewulf
Fulgore

I was going to vouch for the ms lineup and then realized I'm the source. So, yeah, I vouch for me. I haven't heard anything about Hawken or halo in a while (though that doesn't mean they are dead) but the rest of them are still very live rumors from a number of sources.

I've heard that insomniac have a ps3 game coming and a x1 exclusive and that they don't even have a ps4 dev kit. Jstevenson (sp?) came in and didn't say they had a kit but seemed annoyed and said their relationship with sony is still strong. I think that's true to some extent but as far as I'm still hearing (which can certainly be wrong, of course) it looks like a ps3 and x1 game... And nothing on the ps4. I apologized to him when he came in that thread. If it ends up I'm right can i expect the same? If it ends up I'm wrong on this twice now i will of course eat crow. Double crow.

For the record I hope to eat crow. I'm fan of all of their non Fuse work... Including resistance 2. I kinda feel like resistance 3 is my favorite single player shooter this gen. Or atleast the most fun (not as powerful as spec ops or the darkness 1)

Also the rumors I've heard about kingdoms heart are higher than 2.5 but i don't have a second source for that.

I'm dropping a lot of info which makes me nervous as i don't want to be wrong, I usually only post stuff I'm absolutely positive on... But with e3 hype at a fever pitch I've been looser with rumors. I hope it doesn't bite me on the ass. I like it here....

Yeah, we're going to need people with actual knowledge on Nintendo here. The lists in the original post are clearly different in nature. Nintendo rumors always seem like wishlists or a collection of vague guesses.

LuuKyK

I was going to vouch for the ms lineup and then realized I'm the source. So, yeah, I vouch for me. I haven't heard anything about Hawken or halo in a while (though that doesn't mean they are dead) but the rest of them are still very live rumors from a number of sources.

I've heard that insomniac have a ps3 game coming and a x1 exclusive and that they don't even have a ps4 dev kit. Jstevenson (sp?) came in and didn't say they had a kit but seemed annoyed and said their relationship with sony is still strong. I think that's true to some extent but as far as I'm still hearing (which can certainly be wrong, of course) it looks like a ps3 and x1 game... And nothing on the ps4. I apologized to him when he came in that thread. If it ends up I'm right can i expect the same? If it ends up I'm wrong on this twice now i will of course eat crow. Double crow.

For the record I hope to eat crow. I'm fan of all of their non Fuse work... Including resistance 2. I kinda feel like resistance 3 is my favorite single player shooter this gen. Or atleast the most fun (not as powerful as spec ops or the darkness 1)

Also the rumors I've heard about kingdoms heart are higher than 2.5 but i don't have a second source for that.

I'm dropping a lot of info which makes me nervous as i don't want to be wrong, I usually only post stuff I'm absolutely positive on... But with e3 hype at a fever pitch I've been looser with rumors. I hope it doesn't bite me on the ass. I like it here....

What do you mean by higher than 2.5 for KH?

Also two weeks ago I would have told you that there's absolutely no chance of demon's souls 2,uncharted 4 or kingdom Hearts being at the show... But with ms scooping up publishers to not show ps4 games I think they may bust them out to give their presentation more punch.

And as someone who isn't in the industry i find it absolutely shocking how little of each conference is locked down right now. Earlier today I heard a third party pub that was showing with sony was about to jump ship to ms for money and eventually came back to sony (no idea if that's for money as well...). I asked a friend if things being this up in the air was normal and he said 'oh yeah.'

That suddenly explains so many e3 shows with weird, non informational segments that seem like they were thrown together at the last minute. They probably were....

I hope Demon's Souls 2 is the game that Miyazaki is working on.

In Sony E3 thread people say Miyazaki might be working on Demon's Souls 2
In MS E3 thread people say Miyazaki might be working on xbox1 exclusive RPG.

yeah...people are getting their hopes up for possibly nothing.

Amir0x

Banned
yo if a Dark Soul's 2 AND Demon Soul's 2 actually end up existing on this same plane of existence at any point before I die I think I will have a fucking seizure

FlyFaster

And disappointment. =\ Final Fantasy plays like Kingdom Hearts now. Yay.

Excited for Versus as a spinoff, not a numbered title.

This would probably be the best thing that has happened to the series in as long as I can remember.

Don't like KH at all but loved Crisis Core which was essentially the same battle set up. I think action based combat is much more fun and engaging.

I was also under the impression that FF13-3 would be action based like that as well since from what I understand you only play lightning. If that is true it would be the first time I've bought a FF game in years.

yo if a Dark Soul's 2 AND Demon Soul's 2 actually end up existing on this same plane of existence at any point before I die I think I will have a fucking seizure

it would truly be a beautiful thing. I would love 2 whole wondrous amazing worlds to explore and breath in.

Also two weeks ago I would have told you that there's absolutely no chance of demon's souls 2,uncharted 4 or kingdom Hearts being at the show... But with ms scooping up publishers to not show ps4 games I think they may bust them out to give their presentation more punch.

And as someone who isn't in the industry i find it absolutely shocking how little of each conference is locked down right now. Earlier today I heard a third party pub that was showing with sony was about to jump ship to ms for money and eventually came back to sony (no idea if that's for money as well...). I asked a friend if things being this up in the air was normal and he said 'oh yeah.'

That suddenly explains so many e3 shows with weird, non informational segments that seem like they were thrown together at the last minute. They probably were....

Wait...what?

Platform holders have to moneyhat third parties just so they show up at their conference exclusively even though their games aren't?

That was my reaction as well. Whenever I bring it up people respond 'everyone does that' so i guess it's just you and i that find that weird.

I find it really odd, just because it's Sony's conference -- they have 2 hours to show whatever they want....hardly any studios get that sort of limelight. You'd think they'd be paying Sony/Microsoft, not the other way around.

Battlefield doesn't make it into Sony's showing? Oh well, they can just fight in Assassin's Creed instead. That's how I imagine it going down...

As a PS+ and Live subscriber I'm interested to see how the new online services are gonna evolve. PS+ will have to change for the PS4 as the Ps3 games are not BC so how are they gonna make paying for PS+ attractive if they can't offer old games to download as an incentive? Unless there are some Arcade like games or PS+ exclusive games coming for the new system.

Live is a hard one I don't agree with paying to Play online, I think there gonna copy the PS+ but bigger and more elaborate. Sony showed MS how to deal with customers . I prefer the online of Xbox Live its more stable but I have no prob with PSN if its the better service next gen.

If MS don't put a headset of some sorts with the console I really don't understand how that will work. Alot of my friends went with Xbox due to the headset being in the box, The only thing I can see happening is a premium console with a wireless headset, Kinect etc.

Game wise we gonna get a prop Gears this time not that Judgement BS. Halo 5 , PGR and some proper jaw dropping reveals.

Xbox One

● Hawken console exclusive
● League of Legends console exclusive
● Mirror's Edge 2 (various retailer leaks now seem to back this up) console exclusive (said to be coming to PC too)
● Halo 4: II with cross platform play with 360 version
● Respawn Studio's game, "Titan", exclusive
● Insomniac new IP exclusive
● Dead Rising III exclusive
● Killer Instinct

PS4

● Final Fantasy Versus XIII changes into Final Fantasy XV, exclusive
● Planetside II console exclusive
● PS+ = Early access to Sony Pictures films, free PS1/PS2 games over Gakai
● Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for PS4? Due in 2014
● Demon Soul's 2 in development (not sure if this or KH will be at E3, but just in case)
● Last Guardian moved to PS4

Hmm, Demon's Souls 2 aside, Microsoft easily wins with that line up of games. League of Legends would be huge. That said, DS2 would make the PS4 a no-brainer.

V_Ben

Banned
This conflicts with what Verendus has said..

Doesn't mean that only one of them is right, however. Though I've only heard about one side.

Edit: people saying LoL would be huge: the people I've talked to about a console version, who currently play the PC version extensively, laughed at the idea of making it work on a controller. Would be a decent brand to get, but unsure about it working on a console.

cluto

Is this Halo 4: II game going to be a glorified Season 2 of Spartan Ops called Halo: Spartan Assault? A 4-player co-op shooter starring Cwimson again (or perhaps Majestic). This is sounding more plausible than I'd like.

V_Ben

Banned
Is this Halo 4: II game going to be a glorified Season 2 of Spartan Ops called Halo: Spartan Assault? A 4-player co-op shooter starring Cwimson again (or perhaps Majestic). This is sounding more plausible than I'd like.

So is that what Certain Affinity has been working on or something.

Major Vita third-party titles, mainly ports, including something from 2K?

Hmm, Demon's Souls 2 aside, Microsoft easily wins with that line up of games. League of Legends would be huge. That said, DS2 would make the PS4 a no-brainer.

I am not so sure LoL will be that big on consoles. Don't expect to play it with a controller and enjoy it too much. Even if keyboards are allowed, I just don't see it blowing up especially if MS puts it behind the paywall of XBG.

I know people think LoL will be huge because it's huge on PC.

However, is there actually anyone excited about playing LoL on consoles?
Even if they were to release DoTA2 on PS4 I would still give it a long "urghhhhhh."

(kb/m bias)

Top Bottom