• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Frimaire

Makoto Rank 5
"I've already set up a double date. Good thing I scheduled it 3 months from now so you have time to become presentable!"

LotusHD

Banned
Cute... but I think her walking around reading manga while stalking Joker is better.

Now someone needs to photoshop her reading something naughty like Prison School

Damn I was just moaning about how buying gifts and the Temperance Confidant after Palace 2 was draining all my money. I was down to 30,000 yen or so. I just did one Mementos run to clear like 3 outstanding requests, and BAM after a bunch of shake downs along the way I'm back to >100,000yen and this is before even selling my treasures. Also got a bunch of Persona and spent some time fusing stuff in the Velvet Room.

Yea money is insanely easy to come by, even more so thanks to negotiations

Makoto Rank 5
"I've already set up a double date. Good thing I scheduled it 3 months from now so you have time to become presentable!"

Heh

Sophia

I'm in September or so with 65 hours on the clock in hard mode. I've kind of slowed down because I've got a cold and don't have the energy to play atm.

Espada

That is an awesome skill. Take it. It's a life saver against their weak elements.

Thanks, what should I dump? I have the following moves on them:

Tarunda
Matarunda
Agilao
Maragion
Fire Boost
Fire Break
Dekaja
Diarama

Mediking

Damn I was just moaning about how buying gifts and the Temperance Confidant after Palace 2 was draining all my money. I was down to 30,000 yen or so. I just did one Mementos run to clear like 3 outstanding requests, and BAM after a bunch of shake downs along the way I'm back to >100,000yen and this is before even selling my treasures. Also got a bunch of Persona and spent some time fusing stuff in the Velvet Room.

??? You're not upgrading gear for everybody? That stuff is vital and expensive....

Sophia

Thanks, what should I dump? I have the following moves on them:

Tarunda
Matarunda
Agilao
Maragion
Fire Boost
Fire Break
Dekaja
Diarama

Fire Break or Dekaja probably. The rest are all too valuable, but you likely aren't making much use of either of those. Dekaja can be useful at times if the enemy is significantly buffing an entire team tho.

Jisgsaw

Tip: hold on to that money, you'll need it all soon...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im only missing that kid in the OT as a confidant, when does he show up in the
arcade
?

Tip: hold on to that money, you'll need it all soon...

Is there another money dump besides
the 100k for the fortune teller
?

ANCIENT ALIENS: WE ALREADY HAVE A THREAD FOR YOUR "BEST GIRL/GUY" TALK IT'S OVER HERE

I hope no one really hates Morgana. He's just doing a very necessary gameplay mechanic with his seemingly never-ending blocking of actions.

There is definitely a point where I despise Morgana, and it has nothing to do with him telling you to go to sleep.

ShadyK54

Makoto Rank 5

So that's why I haven't seen her? Smh.

Edit: nvm, just as I said something, they appear lol.

Espada

Fire Break or Dekaja probably. The rest are all too valuable, but you likely aren't making much use of either of those. Dekaja can be useful at times if the enemy is significantly buffing an entire team tho.

Yeah, I got rid of
Fire Break.
. The other one has saved my ass when some enemies think they're gonna buff themselves up for free. Thanks for the help.

Frimaire

Im only missing that kid in the OT as a confidant, when does he show up in the
arcade
?

Is there another money dump besides
the 100k for the fortune teller
?

He shows up sometime after Palace
is done.
He's in the Akihabara arcade. I don't think you can do the Confidant until Mishima gives you a mission to stop somebody cheating at an arcade.

The
Temperance
arcana can get pricey as well,
5k per hang-out

Does
Fire Break
even work on
Treasure Demons
?

2000 hours in Photoshop (by which I mean garbage online photo editing software, fuck, why is it so hard just to copy and paste layers?!?)

gybMNQk.png

??? You're not upgrading gear for everybody? That stuff is vital and expensive....

It really isn't. I had starting gear for like...4 palaces, or just shit I picked up.

duckroll

Thanks for telling me it takes a extra day for calling card, game. Makes me want to give up now.

I got to the end of the first Palace a little early and was shocked by that too. It seemed like a real dick move to not warn players in advance of that mechanic.

Kinsei

Banned
After taking a break for Yooka-Laylee I'm finally getting back to this game. I managed to marathon the third palace in a single day but man was it tough. Thank goodness I ended up fusing the exact personas I needed right before going in.

Holy. Shit.

So even after Max Rank Temperance you still can't go out after beating the boss? I don't see the option for a
massage
and I can't reach the phone since I'm upstairs.

Why did I bother rushing this Confidant?

Alucrid

Banned
Holy. Shit.

So even after Max Rank Temperance you still can't go out after beating the boss? I don't see the option for a
massage
and I can't reach the phone since I'm upstairs.

Why did I bother rushing this Confidant?

it's only if you go to the palace or memento during the day, it's not going to break story sequences

It does, and it's one of the primary uses for it. I used it quite a bit in my playthrough.
Sweet. I'll be using that then.
I got to the end of the first Palace a little early and was shocked by that too. It seemed like a real dick move to not warn players in advance of that mechanic.
You know the worst part? I think they tell you during the second palace about the calling card feature. Like it makes story sense but still. Extend the deadline then. Guess it's why they push the first palace so hard.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

If you look at the calender it has the endpoint say "last day for treasure" or something like that, though they could have made it more clear for the first time.

Something that's easy to miss is on the day you send a calling card, you can make infiltration tools that night. Since you're otherwise blocked off doing anything else this is free proficiency.

Guess Who

Banned
If you look at the calender it has the endpoint say "last day for treasure" or something like that, though they could have made it more clear for the first time.

Something that's easy to miss is on the day you send a calling card, you can make infiltration tools that night. Since you're otherwise blocked off doing anything else this is free proficiency.

You can also make coffee (and maybe curry?).

ShadyK54

Just as I finish my edit lol.

Makoto Confidant spoilers:

"You do look disheveled sometimes." Makoto, I ain't trying to impress Eiko if I'm pretending to be your boyfriend. Now I gotta level up my Charm smh.

massoluk

Banned
Just done with it last night. Clear game spoiler
Yup, I killed a God. Check that JRPG box. But this time I shot God in the head with bullet made of Seven Sins. How did Lupin transform in giant robot? Who knows? How was the bullet made? Who cares?

Also the last stretch came out of nowhere at least to me. I wished I didn't spend the last time slots working part time instead of maxing another links :(

Alucrid

Banned
Just as I finish my edit lol.

Makoto Confidant spoilers:

"You do look disheveled sometimes." Makoto, I ain't trying to impress Eiko if I'm pretending to be your boyfriend. Now I gotta level up my Charm smh.

i would say p5 mc is the best dressed out of 3-5. he ain't wearing loafers like 3 and doesn't have a popped collar like 4

LiK

P5 MC is my fave. I thought it was weird they gave him more of a voice in the game at first but it works. And overall, I think he's a much better MC than P3/4 in terms of how the story went. He actually feels like a leader. When I was playing P4G, I felt like I was just part of the gang.

mileS

I think P4's MC had the better school uniform look. Larry Bird Jr. aka Young Joker. aka P5's MC is the best overall.

Sarek

I mean they could have always been even more clear about it, but at least the calender has all the deadline dates marked, and you get constantly reminded to do the palaces when they are active.

Strimei

I hope no one really hates Morgana. He's just doing a very necessary gameplay mechanic with his seemingly never-ending blocking of actions.

I don't actually hate him, he's one of my favorites of the cast thus far. I just hate being told to go to sleep every damn night. There's so much I want to do and time's already precious.

I mean, hell, when I was MC's age (makes me feel old saying that) I was going to school on like, three hours of sleep. Granted, I slept in a few classes, but still.

Oh god, that (palace 7 boss fight)
Shido fight is just Armstrong! It's just Armstrong! Do all Politicians in video game have this hidden power now?! @_@

Chaos17

P5 MC is my fave. I thought it was weird they gave him more of a voice in the game at first but it works. And overall, I think he's a much better MC than P3/4 in terms of how the story went. He actually feels like a leader. When I was playing P4G, I felt like I was just part of the gang.
You're exaggerating a little bit (^_^;)

mrmickfran

Oh my God, the school question in 9/3

"This is King Kamehameha, the founder of Hawaii. He is holding something, what is it?"

One of the choices is
A Dragon Ball

I'm fucking screaming

kenta

Has no PEINS
Is Sojiro's confidant level progress tied to the story? I feel like I can't get him to a point where it ranks up. Tried hanging out with him a few times to get some points but no bueno

Top Bottom