• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead out September 29th for $19.99 (XB1/Windows 10 and Steam)

Dyna

Not sure if they forgot about those vouchers for 20% off and this is a mistake. Anyway, bought!

Pretty sure that's what happened, they wouldn't send out unique vouchers to people first and then intentionally lower the price even further. Congrats to those who got it for $12 though, ha.

I pre ordered Cuphead about an hour ago, Xbox downloaded a 108 mb file once the transaction was processed.

That is not the actual size of the game, is it?

Tesser

Skimming through social media, it looks like everyone - from IGN, ourselves, right down to the smaller sites/streamers - haven't received review codes yet.

To put this in perspective, I remember visiting the ID@Xbox booth at EGX in 2015. And you know how those areas usually have a single IN queue with a one game per booth set-up? Well Cuphead had two booths...and its own stand-alone queue - full and required around a 15 minute wait to play. Back then, it was clear the game had caught many people's eyes. I can only imagine the scale it's at now, two years later.

randomkid

Anyone else having issues using Paypal on Greenmangaming? The window pops up briefly and then closes before you can log in to pay. Really frustrating!

NeoRaider

Definitely 20CUPHEAD was a mistake.

I got my refund from GMG and was able to use the voucher just 10 minutes ago, and got it for 12$. Can confirm that 20CUPHEAD doesn't work anymore.

For some reason I thought this came out today instead of on Friday.

Imagine my disappointment when I boot up my Xbox and see it still labelled as "Pre-Ordered."

Oh well, guess a few more days isn't going to hurt anything.

Stiler

Really sucks how GMG treat pre order customers and their lack of price protection like Amazon and other stores offer.

"oh you pre ordered the game a while back and the price is now cheaper? Sorry, we can't refund you the difference or offer to even cancel the order."

Now they ended the coupon early (even though it was meant to last longer) and are denying pre orders the difference.

Definitely 20CUPHEAD was a mistake.

I got my refund from GMG and was able to use the voucher just 10 minutes ago, and got it for 12$. Can confirm that 20CUPHEAD doesn't work anymore.

This is some bullshit,

I got this email earlier then that, when I asked for a refund if they couldn't give me the difference in price:

"Thank you for getting in touch with us. Unfortunately this promotion ended earlier that anticipated and this title is no longer compatible with vouchers. I apologise if this causes any inconvenience. "

Of course, the coupon DID still work at the time (this was like 3:00), but they didn't refund me (even though I asked) so I couldn't place a new order and even try it.

FelipeMGM

I'm all good waiting on reviews... and honestly, even if it reviews poorly, I might take the plunge and buy it anyway just to LOOK at it.

It just looks so damn good.

I totally did this before. Was at a trade show where I played a lot, then later running around the floor I got across the game again and I just stood there looking at two other people playing it. Then one of them asked if I wanted to play and I was like ''nah, I just want to fully focus on looking at it.

Srsly, videos have nothing on seeing this in person, its mesmerizing

mas8705

I'm all good waiting on reviews... and honestly, even if it reviews poorly, I might take the plunge and buy it anyway just to LOOK at it.

It just looks so damn good.

Honestly, the only way I can see people giving this a bad score is if it's "TOO HARD!" or "Sound quality is poor!" even though that is part of the aesthetics.

Will this be the perfect game? Of course not. Chances are that there will be a few issues with the game perhaps, but I can't wait to get home on Friday, boot this up and have at it (even if it does kick my ass every which way).

NeoRaider

Really sucks how GMG treat pre order customers and their lack of price protection like Amazon and other stores offer.

"oh you pre ordered the game a while back and the price is now cheaper? Sorry, we can't refund you the difference or offer to even cancel the order."

Now they ended the coupon early (even though it was meant to last longer) and are denying pre orders the difference.

This is some bullshit,

I got this email earlier then that, when I asked for a refund if they couldn't give me the difference in price:

"Thank you for getting in touch with us. Unfortunately this promotion ended earlier that anticipated and this title is no longer compatible with vouchers. I apologise if this causes any inconvenience. "

Of course, the coupon DID still work at the time (this was like 3:00), but they didn't refund me (even though I asked) so I couldn't place a new order and even try it.

I am sorry to hear that. I am not sure why but they accepted my refund request and i was fast enough to get it for 12$. I know that it's not fair for ppl who paid more. But it was a mistake for GMG. Voucher wasn't supposed to work together with discount but for some weird reason it did.

kodecraft

Yeah, i'm not sure what's going on with that. The actual download should be around 3GB and then it should unpack to about 12GB (at least on PC, I don't know 100% about the Xbox version).

Thanks for clarification. I have this pre-ordered on Steam and seen the game size there.

RoyalFool

Banned
Review copies went out yesterday. I'd strongly suggest waiting for reviews based on an initial breeze through. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. Or just preorder on Steam instead so you have the return window.

Only posting this as they are delaying reviews until after release, as I did in the Andromeda thread.

Adry9

Review copies went out yesterday. I'd strongly suggest waiting for reviews based on an initial breeze through. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. Or just preorder on Steam instead so you have the return window.

Only posting this as they are delaying reviews until after release, as I did in the Andromeda thread.

The expiration date for the NDAs is AFTER the release?

Because it's a difficult game that's primarily a boss rush? Or is there something else?

munroe

Already got it pre-ordered through Xbox store, don't really mind if it reviews poorly, it only cost me £16.74 and it looks like I'll enjoy it regardless

I played this at EGX and I didn't really like it. The artstyle is every bit as phenomenal as the trailers have suggested (of course), and there are some neat co-op mechanics in there where you need to double jump into your partner to revive them, but I played a boss battle and just felt like I was doing no damage at all on it. There's no feedback on your attacks as far as I could tell, and I just found it all supremely unsatisfying to be honest with you.

Your mileage may vary, but I didn't enjoy the ten or so minutes I played. Just my opinion.

For what it's worth, I think it's been mentioned that they'll look into adding it post launch. Whether that's still on the radar though I have no clue.

i think they'll want to give this game legs considering how much of their livelihoods are riding on it succeeding. thanks for the reminder though. again, the development on this has been so drawn out that I've had two kids since it was first announced.

still giving it a shot on friday

Zubz

Banned

TB14

I played this at EGX and I didn't really like it. The artstyle is every bit as phenomenal as the trailers have suggested (of course), and there are some neat co-op mechanics in there where you need to double jump into your partner to revive them, but I played a boss battle and just felt like I was doing no damage at all on it. There's no feedback on your attacks as far as I could tell, and I just found it all supremely unsatisfying to be honest with you.

Your mileage may vary, but I didn't enjoy the ten or so minutes I played. Just my opinion.

This has been my biggest concern. Tempted to order from GMG for the discount. Gonna wait to see what other people think, though.

Uh oh, bit of anti-hype coming through...

I'm happy to support this for the artistic merits alone. It helps that I'm a big fan of this type of game, even if it's not the absolute pinnacle of the genre.

The movement etc I've seen in this game has always reminded me a bit of Alien Hominid, and I liked that game plenty.

RocBase

Been pumped and waiting for this game since it was revealed at E3, ain't lost none of that steam yet. LET'S GOGOGO

Just waiting for my funds to get in so I can finally buy this long awaited baby.

Also, I generally don't play on PC/don't really use Steam. How do I buy multiple copies to give to other people via codes?

Artanisix

contra-like games have never had incredibly wide audience appeal

i know what i like, this game is a no-brainer purchase to me

1upsuper

I'm glad this game is supposedly hard as hell. I honestly wish more games didn't assume the player deserves to win simply because they're playing the game. I want to fail before I succeed.

Artanisix

NmvOyJU.jpg

we've come a long ways boys

Top Bottom