• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming October 2017 | Stranger Things have happened than great mobile games

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What’s the “new site”? I know he mentioned something about Waypoint forums to me on Twitter.

I really loved this thread. I hope that if GAF continues forward, people will post updates about iOS stuff still. Got a lot of great recommendations from you guys!

Also quote me.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
He isn't (I messaged him) I probably won't either :/
Whatever, I use Adblock and don’t generate revenue for Evilore anyway, regardless of his guilt or innocence. The thread was here before More_Badass and will continue to be. No offense to him, dude is a great mod, but the show will go on.

Whatever, I use Adblock and don’t generate revenue for Evilore anyway, regardless of his guilt or innocence. The thread was here before More_Badass and will continue to be. No offense to him, dude is a great mod, but the show will go on.
Hey, the iOS thread baton passing is kind of a tradition. I took it from Tunesmith in 2014 but the iOS gaming community was here before me.

But yeah, not likely sticking around

ParityBit

Hey, the iOS thread baton passing is kind of a tradition. I took it from Tunesmith in 2014 but the iOS gaming community was here before me.

But yeah, not likely sticking around

You did a ton here and I appreciate it. You also were a mod I think, so you probably have more inside, but I think a purge of users here will be good to remove the toxicity. Just look at the mass of immaturity since we unlocked. I hope you stick around.

KuroNeeko

Thanks, everyone, for all the great threads and recommendations over the years.

Internet is a small place. I'll be seeing you around.

There are alternative locations being established outside of gaf for the community to congregate to. Waypoint is one, but there's another in the works.

Mik2121

If we aren't linked to any of the troublesome people anymore (I know that's still not known) and just keep doing our thing, wouldn't it be better to just stick around? This forum became what it is now because of the community, sticking around here is better than splitting ourselves around multiple forums.

Edit: I read the EviLore post. I don't what what's true or not anymore, but until then this is a forum with a great community and lots of information flowing around, so for the time being I'll stick around for that single reason alone.

starmud

Y’all are killing me, who can follow like 20 discord’s at this point lol

IMO, it would be nice to see people who matter stay here and guide the rebirth of gaf. Waypoint isn’t a forum to support a gaf like structure. Some of the alternatives I’ve seen are a big meh for me perosnlh. Otherwise it’s back to touch arcade for me...

Anyway, animal crossing this week. My heart hurts but hopeful this means the switch reveal is also close at hand lol

kiguel182

More_Badass always did a great job with this thread and the indie games one. I would love to know where you go next.

A link to a discord would be nice!

PittaGAF

I would like to take this chance, in case this space evaporates again, to thank everyone in this thread, active or not, for the great time I had.
I always found discussions interesting, polite (as internet can be, despite some sad moments), received awesome recommendations and ultimately found some new friends.

So...nothing else to add...just thank you.

I'm already signed up in the discord channel so at least we have an emergency (or stable, we will see) place.

I'm not sure why people should be leaving tough.
Of course I've read a lot last days (I admit I lived in ignorance about NeoGAF) as it happens you have a ton of free time when NeoGAF is down...probably I learnt more in last two days about NeoGAF than in last 10 years, but most surely because I just hanged out here and in the miniatures forum (now closed)....but I can judge things only by first experience, and my experience here was nice (despite the fact I read some things that some people here supposedly said about others that I clearly missed and won't approve).

So.....citing a great game that I could play this year on my iPad....IS LEAVING NECESSARY?

Temathael

DJslfpKXoAAAShh.jpg:large

Grab The Bottle is pretty good, tho just to clarify I am also working on it as a programmer.

The store page can be bit of a mess, thanks to our Chinese publisher's vision. The game itself is pretty addictive and clever though:)

Oynox

I will stay here as well as longs as the majority of the community also stays. I see not such a bright future in a new forum if the communities are split... It does not make real sense. And I actually do not believe a successor can ever be as big, recent and fast posting as here I'm regard to gaming related things. I do not care about OT much, but about the gaming site. GAF pretty much replaced my gaming news sites.

We'll see how this turns out. I will stick around o guess, but I will also take a look at any successor. However I really cannot blame MB for leaving since being a moderator is a different thing at all.

I requested an invite for the discord as well, it is a great idea :)

Keep on playing folks!

I am playing a lot of the Meteorfall beta and I am flashed. It is going to be a great quick card game which we be put in the folder of Card Crawl and Solitairica. The art is nice and quirky and the gameplay is super simple yet rewarding. You should be looking forward to it!!

For me, it's not really leaving. It's just in case of another meltdown where we can't check or discuss games you guys are playing. Who knows when things will return to normal?

Seems like my messages aren't going through. Quote this post to get the link.

Thanks!

Don't want to stick around GAF longer than I need to. Hopefully the successor site being talked about will be worth going to, but so far discord has been pretty cool for my favorite community threads.

NKnight7

Neo Member
I'll join the discord too, these threads really gave me some good recommendations on various iOS games, and I'd love to continue it. Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom