• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GTA V vehicle list leaked

Nope! Other way round if they even attempt to do that! First person would be nice when down on the ground to really take in the environments though.

As janky as it is, GTA 4 with the fps mod is amazing. Once you've played the game that way you realize how much more immersive the cities are from the first person perspective.

UrbanRats

Didn't we already see three different planes in the trailer?

I counted 4.

As janky as it is, GTA 4 with the fps mod is amazing. Once you've played the game that way you realize how much more immersive the cities are from the first person perspective.

Not gonna happen, R* has said multiple times how they want to concentrate on 3rd person.
When they talked about the crews (that will transfer from MP3 to GTAV and on) they said how they believed that the 3rd person gives you more attachment to your character, or something.

Personally i'm not a fan of first person view, but hey, to each his own.

Derrick01

Banned
Aw, so they left the emergency brake out of the PC version? That sucks.

Even at 20 mph the e-brake, applied properly, allows you to flip a bitch.

It's probably in there but I shouldn't have to use it. If they're going for realism then every non ferrari-type car shouldn't be turning like a tank.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
It would be nice to have at the very least a serviceable cockpit view for the vehicles. Kind of surprised they haven't done it yet.

The cab rides in IV had some of the most immersive qualities in a gta game.

Piggus

That big data list is the same as the handling file in all GTA games since GTAIII. Modders use it all the time to edit the handling for custom car mods.

Really weird that it would show up in MP3 considering there are no (I assume) parts of the game where you're actually driving.

Persona7

Banned
That big data list is the same as the handling file in all GTA games since GTAIII. Modders use it all the time to edit the handling for custom car mods.

Really weird that it would show up in MP3 considering there are no (I assume) parts of the game where you're actually driving.

Well, it uses the same engine and the data probably lies in there and they did not want to remove it in case it breaks something.

UrbanRats

It's probably in there but I shouldn't have to use it. If they're going for realism then every non ferrari-type car shouldn't be turning like a tank.

1) Yes you should use it, unless you've never played a GTA game before, you always turn with the manual brake in GTA games (hell, in most arcade recing games).
2) They are not going for realism, they simply made an arcade driving physics that is more complex and nuanced than before, this doesn't mean that it wants to be simulative, at all.

Piggus

Well, it uses the same engine and the data probably lies in there and they did not want to remove it in case it breaks something.

Could be. Although I don't see why they needed the whole list. The file is only tied to vehicles as far as I know and would not cause problems with other gameplay elements. Maybe they use the GTA handling.dat file to make vehicles in cutscenes and whatnot more realistic and dynamic... Whereas with previous Max Payne games the vehicles were animated by hand. To prove that though you'd have to look at the names of the vehicle model files in MP3. If they match cars on the handling.dat list, then R* is probably using the handling file to help animate vehicles.

No bike bikes?

2evKw.jpg

Fuck you Rockstar.

EDIT: BMX? That'll do pig. That'll do.

LuchaShaq

Banned
If the full game turns out to only have 1 plane I probably won't buy it. It will be most of the confirmation that I need that Rockstar still doesn't get it.

Planes/helis have always been by far the worst part of Rockstar games.

If you want open world explosions/sillyness play something like RFG/Saint's Row.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Holy shit GTA still uses this format for car handling?
I remember this from when i used to mod GTA3......so much nostalgia.
I might actually buy this game....but after getting burned by GTA4 im very cautious.

P.S Anyone else remember the madness of trying to find the Borgnine.....i saw its name in the handling file and it seemed like an awesome vehicle but could never find it......when i finally found it, i was over the moon.
I miss those days when games actually surprised me with bonuses.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Give me more planes and a jetpack and I'll be good.

Feature

Banned
fucking awesome list. The trailer shows 2 planes so there will probably be atleast 2 and more. Shitload of choppers = awesome fuck ye! This will be a game for the ages, I just know it! Love me some GTA!!!! Where the fk is a new trailer??? Anything known for E3 about GTA 5??? :(: :) :)(

UrbanRats

fucking awesome list. The trailer shows 2 planes so there will probably be atleast 2 and more. Shitload of choppers = awesome fuck ye! This will be a game for the ages, I just know it! Love me some GTA!!!! Where the fk is a new trailer??? Anything known for E3 about GTA 5??? :(: :) :)(

Again, the trailer shows 4 planes:

Skimmer.
Crop Duster.
Hydra.
Shamal.

ibbF5fOC1DwdQ3.jpg

Feature

Banned
Very awesome, didn't catch that water airplane. The cropduster is pretty awesome, I'll have fun flying over a street intoxicating random strangers!! :D

Forget planes, the snowplough, skimobile, and snow related findings are what interest me. If this is real, just what is Rockstar up to with the mountainous regions?

Fjordson

Shit, didn't even notice that fourth plane, nice catch.

I really hope we get some more info on this soon. I remember back in January or February in a Q&A thing on their newswire they said they would "have much more to say in a few months time". Could be soon!

GlamFM

Banned
GTA V is probably my most anticipated game of all time.

Marketing should start soon now that Max Payne is out right?

UrbanRats

They might be getting the June Game Informer cover, who knows.

Also, this year R* will be at E3 under Take Two, with some announcements, it seems.

Fjordson

Not major marketing, but hopefully some new info. Like I mentioned earlier, they said back in February that they'd have much more to say "in a few months time".

Forget planes, the snowplough, skimobile, and snow related findings are what interest me. If this is real, just what is Rockstar up to with the mountainous regions?

GTA:SA, RDR and JC2 all prove sandboxing in mountainous regions is a ton of fun.

Are people really bitching about this list?

I detect two independent types of bitching in this thread:
(1) Bitching about an assumption somebody made and somebody else repeated while ignoring copious amounts of evidence to the contrary.
(2) Bitching about a game mechanic from a previous game.

Top Bottom