• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

IronRinn

Just finished watching it. Not great. I guess we'll have to see where they go from here.

And of course Cartman is a gas-lighting piece of shit.

Pretty awful episode. What was with the audio mix?
Ok so it wasn't just me. The soundtrack was way too loud. Completely drowned out some of the dialogue in spots.

I liked Randy going in on Daryl, but the rest of the ep was pretty meh.

Ditto the sound mix issue. Seemed like it only impacted certain scenes with no rhyme or reason.

RPGCrazied

The audio mix on Hulu is awful. Can't hear voices over any other sound, including music.

I noticed this watching through the Comedy Central app this morning. The music was drowning out the voices, I thought it was my headphones.

Overall an okay episode, there have been worse.

DarkKyo

I liked the episode. It wasn't side-splittingly funny but it had a couple good points and in general I just enjoyed seeing Randy drop-kick structural beams.

That was bad. Maybe serialization was not the real problem with the last season, maybe their creative problems are deeper.

I kinda feel the same way. I still really like the show, but I feel like the commitment to "Let's make every episode topical" is finally starting to bite them in the ass a little?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah... I think I'm out already.

Humor just was a miss. The kids is echo was funny, because its exactly what we would do when we were 10. But the rest wasn't. Stan is doing some random parody again and Cartman just being Cartman.

Alongside the political message copping out at the end. It looked like they were going to take it in one direction... then just fuck it.

SoulUnison

Banned
There was a kernel of a good concept in there, but the episode felt like 22 minutes of filler.

Just...completely mediocre. No sharp commentary, nothing particularly funny, and that Cartman storyline was... Well, at least it was Cartman-like.

Did anyone else notice that during the first protest march Master Chief was in the protest group?

Maybe it was the remnant of a Gamergate joke, or something?

Sir Doom

I guess I detached myself looking for deeper political take on this show and just watched it for dumb fun

I enjoyed it. Randy making Darrel an Alexa was funny

oof this episode was rough. Sound mixing was utter ass.

Cartman's complete 180 with Heidi wasn't funny, it was painful and sad to watch. Mean spirited even. She deserved better. And the rest of the message was forgettable.

Please drop everything focusing on the adults. Just drop it. Have the kids doing dumb crap adventures. Keep away from politics South Park, last season and this episode proved it.

That was bad. Maybe serialization was not the real problem with the last season, maybe their creative problems are deeper.

their problem is the stagnation of writers and their week before method. They need to drop that shit. Prepare seasons as they're supposed to be done. Bring in more writers. They can do amazing crap when they put more than a week's effort such as with the games. But their method has ran its course.

Violet_0

Banned
S21 doesn't even show up on my country's SPStudio site and I don't care enough to work around it with proxies. Meh
Please drop everything focusing on the adults. Just drop it. Have the kids doing dumb crap adventures. Keep away from politics South Park, last season and this episode proved it.
I don't like this idea. South Park isn't about the kids going on random wacky adventures, it's not that type of show anymore. If the writing/humor sucks, it doesn't really matter on which characters they focus, it's going to be bad either way

season 20 was horrible. The only real positive is how anti trump they went even when saying Hillary was a boring uninspiring candidate, but then drove home they really dont want trump to win.

Then when Trump won and they literally had to rewrite the episodes afterwards it turned into something just.... bizarre.

Thought it was a great premiere. The Darryl and flag waving moments had me dying.

"You didn't go to college, Darryl."

I will say, the house collapsing in on the racists would have been a better ending.

yuoke

Banned
Wish they could go back to episodes like return of the king of the two towers or good times with weapons. Man, season 6-8 was the true golden age.

undrtakr900

Why can't they just make episodes where it's about the kids doing dumb shit and having fun and getting in trouble? I want more Korn Scooby Doo and dodgeball and jakovasaurs and Timmy joining the crips and cult leader David Blaine.
I agree 100%, I thought the beginning of "kids being kids" playing with Alexa was hilarious, but soon it turned political/topical again. I was happy when Matt & Trey said they weren't going to focus on Trump this season, but they (indirectly) still are.

CDiggity

I guess it was funny for the whole meta element of them asking Alexa for stuff and accidentally (although probably on purpose) setting off the Echo in my apartment.

But yeah, that was meh.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Member berries!

DJvqPM6VYAEH3mY.jpg

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I thought it was funny that they made an episode that seemed largely to just be out to screw with people's Alexas. Not their strongest effort though. Glad I remembered to turn off the 7 am alarm the show set.

pieface

Thought it was an incredible start.

The white nationalists, the alexa angle, cartmans relationship.... all fucking brilliant.

UberTag

Last episode was ATROCIOUS
Atrocious seems a little harsh. I've watched every single modern Simpsons episode. I KNOW atrocious.
But it was an underwhelming misfire given the length of the break. Hopefully next week's episode rebounds somewhat.

-shadow-

I thought the last episode had a bunch of great gags, but overall kinda lacking. I actually thought it would make the White Nationalists even with the ground, but barely anything was done with them. The Heidi stuff was really off also. And yeah I have to agree with the people that the mixing was really off. I watched it online on the official website and couldn't hear the voices in a few places.

WaterAstro

I went and watched a few episodes of old South Park. Holy crap... the quality difference is huge. Even the animation is way better now.

Top Bottom