• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Dandte

There will be some rewards but I thought it would be only for people who went to the event.
Looks like I was wrong and everyone is getting :

6 5% Mog
10 EX tickets
1 of each pots max rarity
1 4* EX ticket.

Source and more info : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6m41ye/fan_fiesta_games_and_reward/
We'll get plenty of gifts with all those fan fest! Only people who went there got Artisan Lid though.

Only Problem is:

Ex tickets = no rate up or limited unit banner....

But yay free stuff. Thanks gumi and SE.

NomarTyme

Alkez

Spent all day at a Korean Cultural Festival in London, followed by a Kpop concert. Mog king came at a good time because it's so easy to burn nrg with it, especially now it's 25 nrg. Whenever I was solo queuing I would play this or FEH TT.

Holy sh*t!

ceiIyc3l.jpg

Announced at Paris fan festa.

I knew there was a reason I was saving this 45k lapis.

Seriously though, Nier collab is awesome. Wish there was A2 though.

Let's go!!! I was just thinking how I'm getting to the point where I could do with having an ender as well (assuming she is one).

Ok, JP players. Serious talk

3% rainbows... how much of a difference are we talking? Does that bump the 5% in 10+1 pulls as well?

I have 7 rainbows in 1 year of playing GL.

I have 7 rainbows in 3 weeks of playing JP. Even if you take away the 2 I rerolled I have 5.

Reads past posts...

MOTHER OF GOD. IT"S HAPPENING, ISN'T IT!

Also, it's been nice knowing everyone. JP sends its condolences.

I told y'all. We've got a trial every month outside of February, where we had back to back events. Could be next month though. Looking forward to it. Going to be tough without the buffs but Zarg is looking pretty nice right now lmao.

Dandte

Can't decide who to use my moogles on.

Ramza - brave suit doesn't feel worth it considering my main dd with aileen, tidus, greg and fryevia / guess aileen would like it.
Marie - not that much better than sirens robe
D Fina - when would i use it. Nice to have though
Randi - just use brotherhood
Luneth - kinda outdated

I guess i should save them for future units?

evangd007

I'm looking forward to not pulling any of the 5* chainers as usual.

According to the Brave Exvius complaining theory, you need to complain more.

Rainbow rate sucks! Banner unit rate sucks! Bonus monster encounter rate sucks! My account is unsalvagable! Going to quit unless I get 2B!

There will be some rewards but I thought it would be only for people who went to the event.

6 5% Mog
10 EX tickets
1 4* EX ticket.

Source and more info : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6m41ye/fan_fiesta_games_and_reward/
We'll get plenty of gifts with all those fan fest! Only people who went there got Artisan Lid though.

- Nice!

- EX tickets are summon tickets, but forced to be bannerless, right?

- Geez, I already have a ton of spare King pots for Str and limits. Who do I use burst pots on if I've already maxed Rikku and Cecil?

We know nothing more than that, exviuswiki has a pretty good summary though. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Fan_Festa_2017

People asked if Nier units would be nerfed because it'll come sooner in Global than it did in Japan, and the team said no since JP and Global are about at the same level now, so someone asked about Noctis and they said they would like to buff him.
By the way the producer with his famous jacket was there so it's more when and how instead of if.
Awesome thanks form posting that link. I'm so stoked for Nier collab. God I hope it comes soon

6 5% Mog
10 EX tickets
1 4* EX ticket.

Awesome news! I feel like I joined this game at the right time lol. They're being very generous lately.

What's everyone think of that fan designed unit? I actually kind of like it. Reminds me a bit of mistra for some reason, looks-wise. Mistra is probably my favorite design in JP. Such a cool looking sprite!

Stoked for all those announcements. I'll gladly take some global exclusive event units! NIER cant come soon enough.

Fuck, I enjoy this game to no end!

Lyrian

So a 3* ticket will only net a 3* unit with no chance of changing to a 4* or 5*? Doesn't sound all that good if that's the case.

Those tickets act exactly the same as using a standard summon ticket on the generic rare summon banner.

EDarkness

Those tickets act exactly the same as using a standard summon ticket on the generic rare summon banner.

I was under the impression that tickets used on the Generic Banner could still go from blue -> gold -> rainbow, but no unit is weighted more than any other. So to get a unit that's on the current banner would be a lot more difficult.

Xion86

Can't decide who to use my moogles on.

Ramza - brave suit doesn't feel worth it considering my main dd with aileen, tidus, greg and fryevia / guess aileen would like it.
Marie - not that much better than sirens robe
D Fina - when would i use it. Nice to have though
Randi - just use brotherhood
Luneth - kinda outdated

I guess i should save them for future units?

Maybe save it for a unit you really need the TM for right now then, which will make your battles easier. I always end up using all mine up on whichever single unit I'm currently getting from 0-100%. I figure that if I clear that unit quickly, I can just move into the next unit I want to get to 100% quicker. But I do like the idea of saving up all the 10% ones to blow all at once on a unit though...maybe I'll actually start doing that from now, hmm.

Talking about TMs...I'd really, really love a Genji Glove for my Orlandeau :( an extra ability slot would be amazing.

Been fairly lucky so far with the Henne Mines event though, here are my "Total Defeated" values:
Tiamat: 20
Thunderbug: 5

Ran into a few Golden Bombs too.

Question:
Was wondering if anyone can explain this to me, although I have an idea what the answer might be, just wanted to confirm...
My Orlandeau has 859 ATK with a Genji Blade in R. Hand, Excalibur in L. Hand, Blade Mastery and Syldra's Protection. With Tiamat, if I use Divine Ruination, he will be left with a small amount of health which the other units can normal Attack to take out.

If I swap Blade Mastery with Large Sword Mastery, ATK is still 859 but Divine Ruination defeats Tiamat in one go (tested a few times to make sure). Why is this? Has this got something to do with how Excalibur aids with the Light Damage with it being on the Left Hand?

(Also, shall I leave Syldra's Protection on for the 50% damage boost over Large Sword Mastery + Blade Mastery which would bring ATK to 954?)

Dandte

Maybe save it for a unit you really need the TM for right now then, which will make your battles easier. I always end up using all mine up on whichever single unit I'm currently getting from 0-100%. I figure that if I clear that unit quickly, I can just move into the next unit I want to get to 100% quicker. But I do like the idea of saving up all the 10% ones to blow all at once on a unit though...maybe I'll actually start doing that from now, hmm.

Talking about TMs...I'd really, really love a Genji Glove for my Orlandeau :( an extra ability slot would be amazing.

Been fairly lucky so far with the Henne Mines event though, here are my "Total Defeated" values:

Question:
Was wondering if anyone can explain this to me, although I have an idea what the answer might be, just wanted to confirm...
My Orlandeau has 859 ATK with a Genji Blade in R. Hand, Excalibur in L. Hand, Blade Mastery and Syldra's Protection. With Tiamat, if I use Divine Ruination, he will be left with a small amount of health which the other units can normal Attack to take out.

If I swap Blade Mastery with Large Sword Mastery, ATK is still 859 but Divine Ruination defeats Tiamat in one go (tested a few times to make sure). Why is this? Has this got something to do with how Excalibur aids with the Light Damage with it being on the Left Hand?

(Also, shall I leave Syldra's Protection on for the 50% damage boost over Large Sword Mastery + Blade Mastery which would bring ATK to 954?)

I normally do this and it feld good mastering aileen and tidus in one go but atm my box is bursting with 1% moogles. I guess i will put a few into ramza.

As for tiamat/thunderbug

39 slayed dragon | 2 squashed bugs

Regarding the orlandeau dmg matter. I only that you should equip the element weapon with the left hand. Meanwhile dmg is mostly random so it could be that your were just lucky when using the other materia.

evangd007

5 tickets today: Amelia #2, Vaan, Seven, Charlotte, Tellah

I've gotten more Amelias on this banner than Ashe and Rasler combined lol.

Vashetti

Banned
5 tickets today: Amelia #2, Vaan, Seven, Charlotte, Tellah

I've gotten more Amelias on this banner than Ashe and Rasler combined lol.

I've had lots of Amelias lately.

They definitely shuffle non-banner units in and out of the pool, even if they won't admit it.

Question:

The Orlandeau thingy is because with blade mastery you're stacking off the genji blade or whatever you have there, with large sword mastery you're stacking off excalibur on the second attack when the first attack applies imperil. Essentially the second attack comes with a free debuff.

Alkez

My Ashelia Dalmasca video

So with the premature release of algaion, the release of ramza enhancements could be more closer than we initially thought right?

I wouldn't say it's premature in terms of scheduling. If anything this was expected. But in terms of how much power we have yeah you may be right.

Imo I don't think we'll see Ramza's enhancements soon. Zarg just released. It seems weird to release a unit who has the strongest all-round buff and then completely outclass him within a month (unless it is by another new unit).

Nier? these evil bastards are trying to make me waste my Balthier tickets. I somehow got Ashe with 100 tickets left and now this!? Pure evil.

NomarTyme

hey man, i added you back.

Maybe i deleted you because you were too many days inactive? i dont know. Maybe i deleted you by mistake. Sorry!

It's okay. Glad to have your OP unit back. I know that you get ask a lot by all that youtube comments I see lol.

Muku

All these announcements and I don't care until OK. :( Ah well. Just chugging along on both this current event with 2 Vaan's and a guest on both accounts. Will see how this goes. Motes seem pretty meh. But about to go buy some stuff this evening.. first gotta see how much I've got on both accounts. Need dem Moogles though.

Celegus

I really shpuld buy Nier Automata someday and play it

Me too. Hoping for a sale on Amazon's prime day coming up since I got a gift card for my birthday recently. Haven't played any games that came out this year apart from Persona 5, and Nier is really the only one that looks interesting to me. Liked the first one (especially the music) and I'm a fan of Platinum when they're on their A game, which looks like this was.

Whales

Banned
yeah, yall should player nier. Its a great game with a great story. You're missing out

dont be like my friend and get spoiled before playing it!

Nier Automata is a very unique , special game that I will fondly remember for a long time. However, it feels incredibly archaic to such an extent that I feel like it could've come out 10 years ago. I can't wait to pull for these characters in Exvius though. I'm afraid I'll want them all.

Nier Automata is a very unique , special game that I will fondly remember for a long time. However, it feels incredibly archaic to such an extent that I feel like it could've come out 10 years ago. I can't wait to pull for these characters in Exvius though. I'm afraid I'll want them all.
If it's similar to JP, they will be part of the raid summons , at least a few of them! 2B tho, gotta have her, gotta pull her...

Lyrian

How come?

Bankable tickets for the Nier collab gacha, whereas the all these freebie tickets that Gumi is giving out are locked to the generic summon banner, which can't pull a Nier unit.

EX tickets and the 10+1 ticket can't pull a limited unit.

On that note, Reddit is currently pegging the Nier raid to be on the 28th, or the first event immediately following the end of the Anniversary festivities.

Valentus

3% rainbow change and/or hoarding for Nier I assume

*looks at his unused 10+1 ticket*

...Yep, youre standing there until 2018 pal, along with your brother that will come in 20 more days.

The oddsbitch says that in the paper right now, using 30 tickets (or 30 single pulls) you have at least 26% chance of getting a rainbow.

If you multiply that x3 (because in 2018 it would be 3 times more chances of getting a rainbow) then it would be instead 78% chance? (correct me please if im wrong)

Yep. Saving tickets and future 10+1 from now it would be a wise idea.

Ken

Bankable tickets for the Nier collab gacha, whereas the all these freebie tickets that Gumi is giving out are locked to the generic summon banner, which can't pull a Nier unit.

EX tickets and the 10+1 ticket can't pull a limited unit.

On that note, Reddit is currently pegging the Nier raid to be on the 28th, or the first event immediately following the end of the Anniversary festivities.

I think someone on reddit mathed it out to be a higher chance for rainbow if you just do a 5k pull?

If you buy all of these, you'll get 14 tickets for 4900 lapis. Using all those tickets, you get a 6.7% chance of a banner rainbow or 13.1% chance of any rainbow at all.

If you just do a 10+1 pull, you get an 8.4% for banner rainbow and 14% of at least one rainbow crystal in general.

The 7000 mog currency are not worth it. This is a bad deal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6lsbg0/zargabaaths_boarding_pass_lapis_bundle/

*looks at his unused 10+1 ticket*

...Yep, youre standing there until 2018 pal, along with your brother that will come in 20 more days.

The oddsbitch says that in the paper right now, using 30 tickets (or 30 single pulls) you have at least 26% chance of getting a rainbow.

If you multiply that x3 (because in 2018 it would be 3 times more chances of getting a rainbow) then it would be instead 78% chance? (correct me please if im wrong)

Yep. Saving tickets and future 10+1 from now it would be a wise idea.

Does the 10 + 1 have an expiry? II wouldn't mind saving that for Cloud, and hopefully he doesn't get here before the 3% update. I was actually thinking of just hoarding until then too after the announcement.

Lyrian

I think someone on reddit mathed it out to be a higher chance for rainbow if you just do a 5k pull?

YMMV, but in concept, you're trading a (10 + 1) for 14 single pulls. 1.7% better chance overall for the rainbow (entirely weighted on that bonus pull), is notable, but is it worth the loss of control over when to summon each of those pull?

Comes down to personal preference, really.

Does the 10 + 1 have an expiry? II wouldn't mind saving that for Cloud, and hopefully he doesn't get here before the 3% update. I was actually thinking of just hoarding until then too after the announcement.

The 10+1 banner doesn't have any dates tied to on the Summon screen, so it appears to be a permanent addition to the game.

Lyrian

Ravishing Blow +1 completed.

One Power T4 left on mog, there should be 1 from the Vault this week, and an expected 2 from a Story Event this weekend will let me finish Elza off completely.

Looking forward to the carnage.

Ken

have like 8 slots if any gaffers want to add

YMMV, but in concept, you're trading a (10 + 1) for 14 single pulls. 1.7% better chance overall for the rainbow (entirely weighted on that bonus pull), is notable, but is it worth the loss of control over when to summon each of those pull?

Comes down to personal preference, really.

The 10+1 banner doesn't have any dates tied to on the Summon screen, so it appears to be a permanent addition to the game.

oic.

Top Bottom