• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiko |OT| Hyper Light Zelda. The Best $5 You Can Spend on Switch!

NoKisum

Looks pretty good. Considering it's only $5, and I need to put some eShop money on my account for MK8DX anyway, I might splurge on this.

Plum

At £4.50 this is a complete no-brainer. Though I must say that if not for the Switch itself I'd have never bought this. That's not a bad thing, of course, the Switch is helping me play a greater range and variety of games and I love it.

Thank you, thank you. I make them with love.

Please stop so my Steamworld Dig 2 OT doesn't look bad in comparison :)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Well seems and sounds great and its release date is exactly my birthday so...
I have found my birthday gift!!!

kAmui-

Definitely getting this. 5€ seems like a great price and Zelda is still the only game I own on Switch so it'll be nice to have something else to play on it. I could see this being one of those small games I end up spending a lot of time with.

It's out tomorrow in NA, 20 hours to go.

crap I just noticed this after putting $100 in my eShop

is this a midnight release at least? I'll be really busy with Mario Kart Friday
this just has a nice enough price that says buy me, even if you don't have time to play me

I am sure I can get a few hours in while traveling next week

StarPhlox

Cerium I really enjoy reading your OTs for all of these Switch games and I hope you know your work is appreciated and you keep at it!!

JoeFu

Banned
So weird seeing my super basic quote in the OP!

I had fun with the game for 500 yen (had to mess around with my amazon.jp account to finally buy the eshop card). I need to get back to it. The lava level made me kinda upset lol

Cerium

Cerium I really enjoy reading your OTs for all of these Switch games and I hope you know your work is appreciated and you keep at it!!
Seconded. Keeping hype levels right where they should be. Our thanks!
Thanks! That's why I do it. But I really can't keep it up forever, guys, so please feel free to volunteer if you spot any upcoming games that look like they might get overlooked.

Please stop so my Steamworld Dig 2 OT doesn't look bad in comparison :)
I'm sure yours will be great!

Cindro

In that Uzume gif, she closes one eye right before shooting her bow to better scope the target. I positively adore little touches like this!

jgJxaBX.jpg

Kamiko is gonna be real rad, isn't it?

E-flux

This is me throwing down the gauntlet with by best time so far. There were some mistakes and routes could be optimised, so I do think 15 minutes is achieveable.

I honestly think that 15 minutes with Uzume might be stretching it, she is soooo slooow in everything she does, but i wouldn't be surprised if Yamato and Hitome could do 15 or even sub 15.

Vinnk

Does Kamiko mean anything in Japan, or is it a made-up word specifically for this game?

A Kamiko (神巫女) is a Shrine Maiden. They are the girls who work at the shrines. The 3 characters in this game are Kamiko who are summoned to be warriors and given abilities.

Man, just talking about this I want to play the game again...

Cindro

And in Japanese culture, is a shrine maiden akin to an altar boy in that they're servants who tend to religious duties at a place of worship?

Been wanting this game since it came out on the Japan eShop, but was holding out for a US release in English! Can't wait to dive in tomorrow.

Also I love this OT. Great job, OP!

Vinnk

Been wanting this game since it came out on the Japan eShop, but was holding out for a US release in English! Can't wait to dive in tomorrow.

Also I love this OT. Great job, OP!

The Japanese release also had English as an option. And it's crazy easy to buy from the Japanese store with a non-Japanese Switch. But at this point, just wait a few more hours.

I had a blast playing it last week (one playthrough), although I was quite slow with it:
Great music, great aesthetics. The only issue I had with the game is that in one or two occasions I couldn't easily find the object I was supposed to interact with.

I'll definitely return to the game in the future to try the other characters.

Robin64

I honestly think that 15 minutes with Uzume might be stretching it, she is soooo slooow in everything she does, but i wouldn't be surprised if Yamato and Hitome could do 15 or even sub 15.

16:51 with Uzume is impressive! As you say, she is really slow. I'm pretty confident you'll definitely be able to break 15:00 with Yamato.

correojon

Found this on the shop yesterday while checking if Puyo Puyo was already available and got interested in it, the pixel art looks beautiful. The game trailer having no "real" gameplay put me a bit off, but reading people´s opinions of it have convinced me. A nice little singleplayer game to compliment perfectly Puyo Puyo and MK8D and only for 5€! Will definitely snatch it too :)

I´m loving these small games on Switch, so far Human Resource Machine, Has Been Heroes and Wonder Boy have all been awesome experiences.

I don't see it in the OP, so I assume this game doesn't have online leaderboards. I'm personally not too interested in leaderboards but for a game like this it seems perfect. Regardless, definitely checking this out. Many of these indie Switch releases have been fantastic.

Robin64

I don't see it in the OP, so I assume this game doesn't have online leaderboards. I'm personally not too interested in leaderboards but for a game like this it seems perfect. Regardless, definitely checking this out. Many of these indie Switch releases have been fantastic.

Sadly not. I really wish it had, as the game is all about speedrunning, but alas. :(

Emouse

Saw this on the eShop earlier in the week and it grabbed my attention, I didn't realise there were multiple characters though which is pretty awesome, do we know if it has pro controller support at all?

Robin64

Saw this on the eShop earlier in the week and it grabbed my attention, I didn't realise there were multiple characters though which is pretty awesome, do we know if it has pro controller support at all?

It certainly does!

Top Bottom