• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Edge gave Ni No Kuni an 8. Off of the top of my head, the only JRPGs I remember scoring higher from the last several years are Xenoblade Chronicles, Persona 4, Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP).

Awesome news. Was that based on the English copy, or an import review?

Eusis

I still haven't played the demo yet, do I wait and see...?
If you don't plan to to check out the demo look at what's out in that period that you want. In a way that could be more important than just the scores (and the worst one seems to be positive anyway).

Carnby

I'm looking forward to phase 3 of this thread: when we all complain about the bad condition our game arrived in due to Digital River's shipping practices.

LiK

I'm looking forward to phase 3 of this thread: when we all complain about the bad condition our game arrived in due to Digital River's shipping practices.

usually packaging is alright. just hope it doesn't take them 2 weeks to ship it out, heh

Kyon

Banned
usually packaging is alright. just hope it doesn't take them 2 weeks to ship it out, heh

Y'all are scaring mee
8zdXc.gif

Last thing I ordered from someone who used Digital River was the MvC3 Special Edition, which was a fucking debacle. Didn't get the game for like 2 weeks past release. So yeah, I don't ever shop with anyone who uses DR any more.

Eusis

Last thing I ordered from someone who used Digital River was the MvC3 Special Edition, which was a fucking debacle. Didn't get the game for like 2 weeks past release. So yeah, I don't ever shop with anyone who uses DR any more.
I'd just be dealing with the crowded period and my own skepticism (Level 5 really does have a long history of "pretty yet boring" games) for that book if it weren't for the fact they had to go with Digital River and make it a site exclusive.

Was it really that hard to negotiate an online exclusive that GameStop/Amazon/whoever else would have? Hell, an online exclusive at GameStop alone would be preferable, at least their shipping's reasonable quality, won't charge until delivery, and there's codes for free shipping from them.

Lucent

I'm really hoping that there isn't a crazy delay like that. I put in 2 day shipping, but if they're gonna take 2 weeks, that's not good. I'm supposed to start moving on the first of February. I was hoping I'd be able to receive it before I moved.

Animekatt

That's why I'm going to open the GS copy of the game until I get the Wizard edition. I don't want to wait a while when I could play it right then and there.

madhtr

Yeah I'm still worried about that as well. I hope Bamco puts out an unboxing video soon. Another worry is that the game may not come wrapped in the box. >.<

Hmmm, I'll just buy from Gamestop, get the steelbook, then return the game unopened. That way I'll be covered on multiple fronts.

LadyRiven

I was going to order the U.S. collector's edition yesterday, but the Add to Cart button is gone. Safe to assume all pre-orders are sold out? Oh well, I only wanted the book it came with anyway... :/

madhtr

I was going to order the U.S. collector's edition yesterday, but the Add to Cart button is gone. Safe to assume all pre-orders are sold out? Oh well, I only wanted the book it came with anyway... :/

Yeah, I think the pre-orders only lasted until the first week of September.

i think digital river handled thq's store at one point in the past. not sure if they still do, but i didn't have any kind've troubled out of them at all, this was during the 40k - space marine release, though.

madhtr

So no more collector's editions? Was it a seperate sku or standard for every copy? Reason i ask is because i see signs of it nowhere

It was a separate edition that was only available for pre-order in NA on Namco's site: http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...h-–-Wizards-Edition-Club-Namco-Exclusive.html

Also, for those wanting to buy elsewhere, then return this version, the cover looks different for the game case than what you'd buy at a store. Just my thoughts on it: http://drh1.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/namcous/images/NNK_Lockup_112712_v5_575.jpg

Eusis

i think digital river handled thq's store at one point in the past. not sure if they still do, but i didn't have any kind've troubled out of them at all, this was during the 40k - space marine release, though.
To be honest, I mainly just hate them for the IDEA of needing to pay insurance to redownload anything I get through them. Fortunately the only two cases game-wise (Pinnacle Station through $5 EA credit and the Intel free copy of AC:Brotherhood) have since been transferred/integrated to their publisher's primary services, and for Windows 7 I just went ahead and got the backup DVD.

I wasn't very fond of the idea of paying way in advanced and including that expensive shipping for somethign that wasn't guaranteed at launch either however.

Sushigod7

I didn't realize that was DR as well forgot about that mess, Capcom made up for it with the free guide which was nice. I'm sort of glad I'm getting the Europe version but would be nice to get the US extras and hopefully have it earlier.

madhtr

I didn't realize that was DR as well forgot about that mess, Capcom made up for it with the free guide which was nice. I'm sort of glad I'm getting the Europe version but would be nice to get the US extras and hopefully have it earlier.

Ugh, if DR really takes up to 2 weeks... you might have the game before us :p

Colin.

I thought it was a bit disappointing that the US version of the Wizard's edition was the only one to get added extras (art cards, cd, coin) and also the steelbook version, which I quite liked the look of. Just doesn't seem like a great deal for the extra money. I'm still inclined to keep my pre order though, managed to get it for £65 last month. Some retailers here are charging £80 for it now!

Lucent

I thought it was a bit disappointing that the US version of the Wizard's edition was the only one to get added extras (art cards, cd, coin) and also the steelbook version, which I quite liked the look of. Just doesn't seem like a great deal for the extra money. I'm still inclined to keep my pre order though, managed to get it for £65 last month. Some retailers here are charging £80 for it now!

I dunno, I personally think the book is an awesome idea. Another $40 for the book (if you ignore the other extras) isn't too bad considering it's over 300 pages and how much the crazy strategy guides cost.

madhtr

The issue with the WE in NA is that it was more limited due to it being exclusive to Namco Bandai's site. I only wish the steelbook actually came with the WE, but alas. The book is the main draw, for me at least.

Cheska

Does anyone remember if Namco charged for the products when you placed the order? I can't remember and my banks website is currently down for maintenance.

Peagles

Has anyone ordered the US Wizard's edition but doesn't want it any more? I'm in NZ and probably going to order a UK one but the US one has the extra stuff I really want. Still no sign of any Wizard's Edition here and apparently we're only getting one shipment of the normal game too.

I have a US address too if that helps!

Re-post!

QaaQer

The issue with the WE in NA is that it was more limited due to it being exclusive to Namco Bandai's site. I only wish the steelbook actually came with the WE, but alas. The book is the main draw, for me at least.

Me too. After they delayed the euro release, I decided to go DD and hope they release a proper art book sometime.

Why do they make these limited sets so limited anyway, I mean to they make less money on them? If it was sold out in NA in Aug, why not do another pressing?

madhtr

Me too. After they delayed the euro release, I decided to go DD and hope they release a proper art book sometime.

Why do they make these limited sets so limited anyway, I mean to they make less money on them? If it was sold out in NA in Aug, why not do another pressing?

It costs them money to put out all of these books, so they only made what was pre-ordered, it seems. Otherwise they'd have a bunch that might not even sell. It was only sold out because they put a date on when pre-orders were stopped, not a specific limit.

QaaQer

It costs them money to put out all of these books, so they only made what was pre-ordered, it seems. Otherwise they'd have a bunch that might not even sell. It was only sold out because they put a date on when pre-orders were stopped, not a specific limit.

Fair enough. I don't know their business at all, and I'm sure they know what they are doing.

It just seems from the outside that they are leaving money on the table.

madhtr

Fair enough. I don't know their business at all, and I'm sure they know what they are doing.

It just seems from the outside that they are leaving money on the table.

They probably did leave some, but with printing the books, the cards, making the coins, etc, they had to leave time to make all of the stuff for the WE before release. If they allowed further pre-orders they'd have to guess at the numbers, so they could be short or over.... It likely would have been a debacle.

Peagles

They probably did leave some, but with printing the books, the cards, making the coins, etc, they had to leave time to make all of the stuff for the WE before release. If they allowed further pre-orders they'd have to guess at the numbers, so they could be short or over.... It likely would have been a debacle.

Well they must have changed something... including the limit of 1 per person, because someone on eBay has sold nearly 150 and still has more coming... apparently directly from Namco.

Top Bottom