• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten Games In Need of Sequels

Careful what you wish for. For the longest time I wanted a new SSX and a new Hitman. We got a new SSX and a new Hitman (no not that one) and I was sad for a while. They made good on Hitman finally and I replayed some SSX 1, 2 and 3 on a PS2 instead.

Like others I would say Mercenaries as 2 was not a good game but again it's been so long I am tempted to just say - let it go.

Sonicbug

Draken the Ancients Gate
51ohY-5alwL._SY445_.jpg

Yeah, it's been 15 years, so what?
I think the original creator works for Double Fine now or did.

Zomba13

Little_Big_Adventure.jpg
Little_Big_Adventure_2_cover.jpg

I'd love a LBA3. I really loved these games and think a third one would be really nice, especially with more friendly controls (keep the perspective and stances, just no tank controls). These games really felt like adventures.

Also, yeah, in with everyone else wanting a PoP08 sequel.

Oneself

A new JUMPING FLASH! would be amazing with today's tech. A reboot maybe since JF3 wasn't that hot...

Maximo needs a sequel with Maximo 2's mechanics minus the robots.

Downhill Domination... We need over the top racers, I want my jaw dropped on the floor with every new ptp course.

Burnout 3 TWO (yes, the 3rd game deserves a proper sequel)

xviper

Tenchu, Prototype, WWE ALL stars( underrated MASTERPIECE, it's the best wrestling game EVER) Wario world( better than all mario games )

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
This game actually needs a sequel since the series ain't over.

latest

Draken the Ancients Gate
51ohY-5alwL._SY445_.jpg

Yeah, it's been 15 years, so what?
I think the original creator works for Double Fine now or did.

There's donzens of games:

Valkyrie Profile, Soul Reaver series, Onimusha, Chrono Break, Zone of the Enders, Mark of Kri, NFL2K, Golden Sun, The Last Story, Panzer Dragoon, Dark Cloud, Alan Wake, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darness, The Getaway, SOCOM, Pandora's Tower, Age of Empires, Jak & Daxter, Legend of Dragoon, Fear Effect, Vagrant Story, KOTOR, Prime, Beyond Good & Evil, Prince of Persia, etc.

Zakkath

22056-final-fantasy-tactics-playstation-front-cover.jpg

and

chrono-trigger-cover-snes.jpg

Seriously Square, how could you forget about these ?? And no, CC and those FFTA bullshit games were NOT sequels.

Powerpuff

17efd8c165f41d0c28ffeb17f654423d.jpg

Brucelee_screenshot1.gif

Great mix of platforming and fighting. Luring enemies into traps is so much fun. I'd love to play a sequel.

You are not the only one and there have been different fan projects.

Ultimate Bruce Lee
An interesting PC remake of the Commodore 64 game which offers both enhanced graphics and a classic mode.
https://archive.org/details/Ultimate_Bruce_Lee

Bruce Lee II
An original faithful successor made for PC.
http://www.bruneras.com/games_bruce2.php
...and even ported on Commodore 64!
http://kollektivet.nu/brucelee2/

Bruce Lee
A personal favorite: an enhanced port of the original 1984 game for a newer system... the Sega Master System!
http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/BruceLee-SMS

Malyse

22056-final-fantasy-tactics-playstation-front-cover.jpg

and

chrono-trigger-cover-snes.jpg

Seriously Square, how could you forget about these ?? And no, CC and those FFTA bullshit games were NOT sequels.
FFTA > FFT
Chrono Cross is underrated and brilliant.

Dang I remember this game! Always wanted to play it but never had the chance.

If I remember correctly there was also a DS one:
spec.jpg

It's Pokémon via Kingdom Hearts. And there were actually two DS games, but this one had playable Jeena
tumblr_nsm8iuU6Ri1uclkhjo1_500.jpg

what the fuck I have literally never in my life heard of Sonic Battles. words can't describe the way I feel right now.

on topic: Advent Rising needs a sequel.
*High five* I liked that game way more than it probably merited, but to leave the story on that cliffhanger hurts me to this day.

Razzorn34

c8ae09e3bf43c1d48963cf1f701b5a34.jpg

One of the most original ideas on the N64. It averaged a 9 in review scores, and was very well received. It's a shame it was never revisited.

Glad to see it mentioned, we need another Prince of Persia '08

pop0_ss9_full_164608.jpg

I never played the PS2-era games (which is probably the reason why I liked the movie), but '08 was so much fun, and that ending begs for a sequel. I loved the Prince's design too.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Dragon's Dogma, Castlevania, Metroid, Tenchu, Zone of the Enders, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Extermination are all games that are deserving of sequels or at the very least HD ports. Sony should really do something with that Extermination IP, there's so much potential and money to be made there. Sony, Capcom, Konami and Nintendo...I just want to enter a board meeting and just yell at them. They have so many franchises that could make money but they're just too oblivious to their existence.

Sophia

32808-actraiser_usa-57wssw.jpg

A modern sequel of this would be amazing. Take combat from another action game like God of War or Dark Souls, and then mix it in with the city building aspects.

Nielm

Not sure if it has been completely 'forgotten', but Alpha Protocol.

A spy RPG with stealth mechanics, a narrative that is heavily influenced by your choices, with conversation trees and hubs, there aren't many games like that around. A sequel could potentially be incredible.

Careful what you wish for. For the longest time I wanted a new SSX and a new Hitman. We got a new SSX and a new Hitman (no not that one) and I was sad for a while. They made good on Hitman finally and I replayed some SSX 1, 2 and 3 on a PS2 instead.

Like others I would say Mercenaries as 2 was not a good game but again it's been so long I am tempted to just say - let it go.
I really enjoyed the reboot of ssx so.......
I'm gonna add a game to my list. We need another wet, I'm the only person in the world that loved it but I loved it hard. It was like tony hawk mixed with a grindhouse action game, it has so much potential.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Crimson Skies
Infinite Space
Elite Beat Agents
Front Mission
No One Lives Forever
Baten Kaitos
Suikoden
Sky Crawlers

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I absolutely loved the combat, physics and feel of that game. Dishonored is good, but I want a modern, new Dark Messiah.

Wozman23

Sadly never going to happen because the author of the original book sued about the use of his rights or something like that.

It was just some random guy who wrote a similar screenplay, but there was no evidence of copyright infringement so Midway won the case.

I continue to hold on to hope, as it was a great IP with massive potential.

I assume it was acquired by Warner Brothers. The development team, Midway Chicago, was rebranded as NetherRealm, but they now seem to have little interest in anything that isn't a fighting game.

32808-actraiser_usa-57wssw.jpg

A modern sequel of this would be amazing. Take combat from another action game like God of War or Dark Souls, and then mix it in with the city building aspects.

Yup! Came here to post this!

I know there was an Actraisers 2 but still, a sequel in the same style as the first one would be ace.

jrush64

Banned
Glad to see it mentioned, we need another Prince of Persia '08

pop0_ss9_full_164608.jpg

I never played the PS2-era games (which is probably the reason why I liked the movie), but '08 was so much fun, and that ending begs for a sequel. I loved the Prince's design too.

It wasn't until like 4 years after i finished the game did I find out there was an Epilogue. Apparently the epilogue also ended on a freaking cliffhanger. What the hell ubisoft?

We do need another Prince of Persia game though

Top Bottom