• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Leeness

clearacell, that sounds like some awesome weather! It rains so much here so anytime it's nice out, it's the best day ever haha.

Log, raining in Miami? Crazy. Haha

Log4Girlz

clearacell, that sounds like some awesome weather! It rains so much here so anytime it's nice out, it's the best day ever haha.

Log, raining in Miami? Crazy. Haha

Yeah, fucking rainy season. Every damn afternoon.

Anyhoo, I'm with Billie, if you lived near by I would totally ask you out in a heartbeat. You would probably turn me down though. I don't look like a piece of wood.

Emitan

How me and Log are making Leeness feel:

Av62wA-CQAAdiWr.jpg

I just want more excuses to post this because Kat is adorable

*is new to GAF* *waves hi*

It's overcast and rainy here in Seattle...just like it always is. But I like it! I've had a lifetime of hot as hell summers in California so this suits me just fine.

I just want more excuses to post this because Kat is adorable
Ridiculously adorable!

Ashes

Banned
Psychologists say Facebook, Twitter harden gender walls

Adding to a cynic’s file of Hardly-Shocking research is a new study out from the University of Bath that reports women are more attracted to social-networking sites than are men, who learn more toward Internet sites that carry games and gambling. Where the study does merit interest, however, is that it is a ten-year follow-up study that explores what if any changes have occurred since its first examination of gender differences in Internet usage in 2002.

Read the rest here:

http://phys.org/news/2012-06-psychologists-facebook-twitter-harden-gender.html

Kisaya

Adding to a cynic’s file of Hardly-Shocking research is a new study out from the University of Bath that reports women are more attracted to social-networking sites than are men, who learn more toward Internet sites that carry games and gambling. Where the study does merit interest, however, is that it is a ten-year follow-up study that explores what if any changes have occurred since its first examination of gender differences in Internet usage in 2002.

Read the rest here:

Well I do really like Facebook ;p

Platy

Read the rest here:

So .. is a GAF a gamming site or a social forum ? xD

Also, Twitter >³²² Facebook

Emitan

GAF is a social website where I derail every thread into talking about lesbians.

WHY IS IT SO HOT HERE? 90 F at 8 in the morning?!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I don't really use social networking sites all that much. :s I read them, but I rarely post or reply... most of my internet usage is education/news/comics.

I don't really use social networking sites all that much. :s I read them, but I rarely post or reply... most of my internet usage is education/news/comics.

Same. I mostly use facebook as a way of setting up plans with others. I message people a bit, but I rarely ever bother to look at my feed.

Mudita

Neo Member
Thought i'd say hi and pronounce my femininity to this thread. I'm much more of a lurker than poster, but maybe I will start keeping up with the girl community here.

Oh, hey, another girl on the internet!

Also, I'm doing an informal poll. I'm going through the early seasons of ER again, and I'm wondering:

Are the other ladies on here George Clooneys or Noah Wylies?

I'm having a hard time deciding.

I'd go for George.

Okay so today there was a knock on our room and a friend of one of the roomies was behind it. He and Timedog had a very awkward conversation while I was on the computer. At some point he brought up how he likes video games, and Timedog likes video games. How Timedog plays fighters and how, he, the roomie, would love to have a girlfriend that likes games, particularly fighting games that he could play fighting games with. And it kind of ended there. Now I'm starting to wonder just what the fuck his roommates have been telling people lol and how high that guy was.

Clooney. No contest, really.

I'd go for George.

Okay so today there was a knock on our room and a friend of one of the roomies was behind it. He and Timedog had a very awkward conversation while I was on the computer. At some point he brought up how he likes video games, and Timedog likes video games. How Timedog plays fighters and how, he, the roomie, would love to have a girlfriend that likes games, particularly fighting games that he could play fighting games with. And it kind of ended there. Now I'm starting to wonder just what the fuck his roommates have been telling people lol and how high that guy was.

Gamer girls are really popular right now, no surprise. Yo OMG Man you found one!!!

Also, saw today a girl on the subway that had Scarlett Johansson's exact face. Less curvaceous body but damn, I actually stared a bit before she continued walking. This gives me hope, now I know she's out there somewhere.

srenity

Neo Member
Thought i'd say hi and pronounce my femininity to this thread. I'm much more of a lurker than poster, but maybe I will start keeping up with the girl community here.
Me too me too! I've been a junior since 09 and I think I'm ready to change that, haha.

You know what really grinds my gears about gamer girls? When they make the effort to tell the world that they're gamer girls. Ex: "I play game01, 02, 03, and sometimes 04. And yeah, I'm a girl!" The bold part makes me rage! This is why I like GirlGAF. From what I've seen, you guys aren't like this :]

Lissar

Reluctant Member
While I understand being happy that you have someone that shares at least one of your hobbies, the holy-grail-ness of girls who play games is kind of weird to me. They're everywhere. Most people just don't go blabbing about their interests to every person they meet. Most people would never assume I play games. I'm okay with that.

Me too me too! I've been a junior since 09 and I think I'm ready to change that, haha.

You know what really grinds my gears about gamer girls? When they make the effort to tell the world that they're gamer girls. Ex: "I play game01, 02, 03, and sometimes 04. And yeah, I'm a girl!" The bold part makes me rage! This is why I like GirlGAF. From what I've seen, you guys aren't like this :]

It's definitely not the average, though you'd be surprised.

Girl-GAF is cool people though, from what I've seen. I'm fairly new too.

Leeness

YOU GUYS I HURT SO MUCH. JILLIAN MICHAELS KICKING MY ASS after coming back to her weight training DVD after a while. Hahahahahaha my leeeeeegs.

U8lqD.gif

Air

Banned
Any lasses big on feminism and art should check out "ways of seeing" by John Berger. We talked about it in class and it was really popular. It has an interesting essay about the role of women in early artforms (such as being observed, but never in action, or something to that effect). Lot of feminism topics coming up on gaf in recent months, so just thought I'd put it out there.

Ashes

Banned
Any lasses big on feminism and art should check out "ways of seeing" by John Berger. We talked about it in class and it was really popular. It has an interesting essay about the role of women in early artforms (such as being observed, but never in action, or something to that effect). Lot of feminism topics coming up on gaf in recent months, so just thought I'd put it out there.

Try Women Reader Reading Women. Lovely, short and excellent prose, even if it is an art book. It's a collection of pictures highlighting pictures of women, well, reading.

Mechazawa

Am I allowed to ask non-whiny, non-woe-is-me, non-confidence related dating advice in here if it's needs a feminine touch?

I swear we had some kind of "ladygaf advising mangaf" offshoot thread, but I'll be damned if I can find the stupid thing.

Top Bottom