• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox-One was a shadow of the 360 glories!

TBiddy

Wow. Hope these haters realize that the goal of having a console is to play games, and we can do that with the XB :p and hundreds of games to choose.

Don't you know? The XB1 has no games! No exclusives!! I enjoy mine and plan on picking up the PS4 down the line to play GT Sport.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
You can play those exact same games in a better fashion with even more games to choose from elsewhere.

Yeah if you like to play the same games months later without the ease of cloud saves for most and purchasing on one digital store as oppose to having to juggle multiple accounts and passwords. Didn’t gog just have a security issue?

The point:
There are always pros and cons for each platform.

Holy shit. If salt was ever used in an argument, it is exemplified by the irrational hatred and shitposting in this thread. Xbox One doing better than ever and receiving positive press everywhere + less moderation on NeoGAF = crazy warriors come out and don't hold any thing back.

Salt isn't even the word...it's something bigger although I can't quite put my finger on it yet. Craziest part is, it hasn't even been a month of Xbox One X being out. Imagine the next few years.

Yeah if you like to play the same games months later without the ease of cloud saves for most and purchasing on one digital store as oppose to having to juggle multiple accounts and passwords. Didn’t gog just have a security issue?

The point:
There are always pros and cons for each platform.
What games come out months later lol

I have cloud saves on Steam

Multiple digital stores is cool for more sales. I mostly use Steam. You'd have to make up an issue. I close the ones I don't want.

I like playing games at higher frame rates and resolutions if I can. $500 is hilarious for a redundant platform on top of paid online.

Breakage

In terms of exclusives, it's the weakest in the Xbox family. I can't think of a single cult Japanese exclusive - the previous Xboxes had a bunch that made their libraries compelling. I'm surprised that Microsoft still haven't done anything about that.

TLZ

Banned
Worst console to own in a long time.

True. My ONE has been collecting dust and untouched for so long. I turn it on every couple months to try and find something to play but I turn if off after it 's done updating and looking around for a couple minutes. It didn't have the best start and that has affected it. Plus the clunky cluttered UI, slow installs and long wait times, in addition to it being weaker yet more expensive at the time made me get the games on the PS4 and build a good collection there as a result. Everything on the PS4 felt better from the off.

The X might be more powerful now, but the other issues still remain. Plus the fact my collection has already been "built" this gen for the PS4. I can't just go out and replace all those with X games.

I honestly wish they waited a year and released the X as next-gen. I'd have definitely looked at it differently.

I've played the Wii U a TON more than I did the ONE. So it's not just about power.

Multiple digital stores is cool for more sales. I mostly use Steam. You'd have to make up an issue. I close the ones I don't want.

I like playing games at higher frame rates and resolutions if I can. $500 is hilarious for a redundant platform on top of paid online.

You are going circles. If you have a PC, of course, there is no need to have XB. I don't want a PC, and millions of gamers also don't want a PC..

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Ffxv, Destiny 2, Skyrim vr are current games we waited / had to wait on.

Steam does not have 100% cloud saves for every game. It’s not that many actually.

BANGS

Banned
Xbox brand is dying. They have no exclusives and fanbase is waning. Microsoft seems to even be trying to get it's fans to move on to PC...

That's not to say that the Xbox itself isn't a decent console. If you don't own a PC or PS4, there's plenty of fun to be had with it. But if you do own either of those, it's a pretty lame investment...

It doesn't even have one...

At this point, you are just trolling

Is that allowed?
What is the exclusive then?

Ffxv, Destiny 2, Skyrim vr are current games we waited / had to wait on.

Steam does not have 100% cloud saves for every game. It’s not that many actually.
I didn't wait on any of those because I own a PS4, and if I do wait, I get a much better version of the game.

True on cloud saves, but it's really not an issue. Awesome to have though.

Unknown?

Holy shit. If salt was ever used in an argument, it is exemplified by the irrational hatred and shitposting in this thread. Xbox One doing better than ever and receiving positive press everywhere + less moderation on NeoGAF = crazy warriors come out and don't hold any thing back.

Salt isn't even the word...it's something bigger although I can't quite put my finger on it yet. Craziest part is, it hasn't even been a month of Xbox One X being out. Imagine the next few years.
The same shit posting happened with the Pro, it’s gonna happen.

That said there’s no proof of Xbox doing better than ever. The S did well last year.

omg, please sell your XB. haha :p Just don't pretend Xbox one has a weak library because for someone that only have that console that is false.
I just bought Live, I told you lol. Have thought about selling it but Halo 5 and MCC keep me in.

In a vacuum, totally. I understand why people enjoy the One. It's still the worst console to own in a long time. Good for the X on being powerful but at $500, yikes.

I just bought Live, I told you lol. Have thought about selling it but Halo 5 and MCC keep me in.

In a vacuum, totally. I understand why people enjoy the One. It's still the worst console to own in a long time. Good for the X on being powerful but at $500, yikes.

Worst console to own FOR YOU.. hahaha

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What is the exclusive then?

You are equating to windows store games as not being Xbox exclusives even though it’s a ms store with ms content that you can only get on ms platforms?

That’s a bit silly dont cha think?

xion4360

Agree but also, the Xbox one x is a fantastic piece of hardware so, as long as there are third party games for me to play on it I say Microsoft done good in the end. They just need more first party games.

Mr Moose

Sure thing, buddy. You just reek of angry fanboy, that can't cope with the One X being the superior console. Give it a few years.

My gamertag is none of your business. I don't hand it out to kids.

I think they were talking about the Xbox One not One X, I could be wrong though.

-

If you don't have an Xbox One and are interested in their exclusives (especially if you have a 4K TV where the One X would really shine), it would be crazy not to get a One X, it seems like a very nice piece of kit.

I'm surprised they managed to get it to be that small, considering how big the OG Xbox One is (and it doesn't use a power brick(?)).

I couldn't give a shit about BC, but it does some nice things there too.

hiphopcr

Sony is king of post apocalyptic 3rd person single player adventure games.

Xbox has all the titles I care about because they're social games running on the best network.

Why each week or so there is a thread bashing the Xbox ONE?

It's not happening exclusively to the Xbox One, since there is enough Switch bashing too. One major point responsible for the bashing is the post purchase evaluation. People that bought a different console have the need to evaluate that their decision was the right one. Bashing another brand helps a lot.

BANGS

Banned
You are equating to windows store games as not being Xbox exclusives even though it’s a ms store with ms content that you can only get on ms platforms?

If you can play it on a platform other than xbox, it's not an xbox exclusive. I mean, who's calling who silly here?

TLZ

Banned

That's a Windows exclusive then. Not Xbox.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If you can play it on a platform other than xbox, it's not an xbox exclusive. I mean, who's calling who silly here?

So windows 10 having Xbox app built in means nothing as well I guess.

Face it you bought/built an Xbox when you bought/built your pc.

You are your worse fear!!!!! Duhn duhn duhhhhhnnnn!!!

LOLCats

Banned
I feel ms is just trying to clean up the mess that was the xbox one.

X is a fresh start, but now they need to work on games.

Mr Moose

So windows 10 having Xbox app built in means nothing as well I guess.

Face it you bought/built an Xbox when you bought/built your pc.

You are your worse fear!!!!! Duhn duhn duhhhhhnnnn!!!

I deleted that shit from Windows 10, along with OneDrive. No, my PC isn't an Xbox, anyone who says a windows 10 PC is an Xbox is an idiot.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I deleted that shit from Windows 10, along with OneDrive. No, my PC isn't an Xbox, anyone who says a windows 10 PC is an Xbox is an idiot.

You don’t have the update do you?

settings-xbox.png

Duhn duhnnn duuhhhnnn!!

Top Bottom