• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

saelz8

Was late into the game last night, only got to play a few rounds.

perryfarrell said:
Has the PC demo for Bioshock been released? I see people playing Bioshock in the Neogaf STEAM chat room. That's the real Bioshock yet right?
It's fake

Xavien

perryfarrell said:
Has the PC demo for Bioshock been released? I see people playing Bioshock in the Neogaf STEAM chat room. That's the real Bioshock yet right?

Add any game to the Steam list and rename it to Bioshock, voila!

It's fake.

Bit-Bit

So yeah, last night's Counter Strike matches were freakin awesome. I was only in for two games though.

But man, there was one match where I planted the bomb and sat right next to it. Then CTs just started piling in and lined up perfectly for me to get like six kills in a roll. It was awesome.

Bit-Bit said:
So yeah, last night's Counter Strike matches were freakin awesome. I was only in for two games though.

But man, there was one match where I planted the bomb and sat right next to it. Then CTs just started piling in and lined up perfectly for me to get like six kills in a roll. It was awesome.
I was one of those CTs. :lol

The notification icon that tells you what people on your friends list are doing can be kind of annoying. It pops up every 2 seconds, so I removed a bunch of GAFers. Kinda unnecessary anyway, given that there are already groups.

perryfarrell said:
The notification icon that tells you what people on your friends list are doing can be kind of annoying. It pops up every 2 seconds, so I removed a bunch of GAFers. Kinda unnecessary anyway, given that there are already groups.

Would probably be easier to disable the popups then removing people from the friend list no?

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
perryfarrell said:

lol... STOP FUCKING PLAYING GAMES, FRIENDS!

saelz8

perryfarrell said:
You drama queen!

HugBasket

Banned
part1.jpg

part2.jpg

Basically I'm using someone else's account and their friends don't know it. Actually, a friend of his gave me his account and because I couldn't use my other friends account because he forgot the password. I'll upload more if he continues to message me or not if nobody really cares.

Could I suggest we move UT2004 Assault to another day, perhaps wednesday, as everyone will probably be playing bioshock on tuesday night, and assault needs a decent turnout to really be good.

Armitage

Prvt.Pegleg said:
Basically I'm using someone else's account and their friends don't know it. Actually, a friend of his gave me his account and because I couldn't use my other friends account because he forgot the password. I'll upload more if he continues to message me or not if nobody really cares.

Tell them the price was a blowjob.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Could I suggest we move UT2004 Assault to another day, perhaps wednesday, as everyone will probably be playing bioshock on tuesday night, and assault needs a decent turnout to really be good.
People aren't going to beat Bioshock in one day. :p

Bit-Bit

CajoleJuice said:
I was one of those CTs. :lol

CajoleJuice, I remembered you and Dotchy was like my two most watched after opponents every time I died. You guys were the two best players on ya'lls team. Oh, and I had a bunch of my friends together for a lan party and I told them all to jump in with me. So to be honest, I was barking orders at everyone.

I'm one of those guys that get waaaaaay into the game.

I'll consider a few events for Saturday, I dunno what though. Kick out some ideas.

Also, I'm moving Unreal 2k4 to wednesday due to the suggestion, as I (and I imagine many others) will most definitely be balls deep in BioShock on Tuesday.

Doytch

Bit-Bit said:
CajoleJuice, I remembered you and Dotchy was like my two most watched after opponents every time I died. You guys were the two best players on ya'lls team. Oh, and I had a bunch of my friends together for a lan party and I told them all to jump in with me. So to be honest, I was barking orders at everyone.

I'm one of those guys that get waaaaaay into the game.

Dude, I dunno what got into me for half an hour yesterday, but that's definitely not how I usually play. :lol I'm friggin terrible but I guess it's to be expected, I'm still learning the game.

Prvt.Pegleg said:

Should I advance the story with Crotchy in real life? haha

I'm putting together a little bonus pack for GAF for UT2k4 with some models, skins, and a few maps. Went hunting for some good stuff earlier today and found quite a bit. Ill have it up before wednesday (probably later tonight though...just gotta move everything into an easy to install zip file).

Doytch said:
Dude, I dunno what got into me for half an hour yesterday, but that's definitely not how I usually play. :lol I'm friggin terrible but I guess it's to be expected, I'm still learning the game.
Similar story here. I'm decent, but I'm never that dominant with the pump shotty. :lol I played a shitload and was really good when CS:S first came out (maybe because I didn't have to adjust from CS 1.6), but I haven't played much in the past year.

FightyF

Banned
I say we make a GAF map for UT 2k4.

How? Well, someone starts with a rough sketch of the layout, without any details, and then we pass it from mapper to mapper until it's done.

Or something like that. :p

Character Models and Skins pack is uploading now...117mb download, but 330 or so install. Hope everyone likes megaupload.

The criteria for if a model made it in was it had to be a)Cool, b)Near the quality of the models that came with the game, and c)couldn't provide obvious gameplay advantages.
All the models in HaloCE for the PC are in there. I tried to find a way to remove the little exploding flood thingies, but the way it was set up I couldn't do it...so just be reasonable about the models you use.

Most of the skins are for the Xan model simply cuz he had the most cool skins/ high quality. I might get some more skins from other models later, didn't bother to look at alot of them.

Link coming soon.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Character Models and Skins pack is uploading now...117mb download, but 330 or so install. Hope everyone likes megaupload.

The criteria for if a model made it in was it had to be a)Cool, b)Near the quality of the models that came with the game, and c)couldn't provide obvious gameplay advantages.
All the models in HaloCE for the PC are in there. I tried to find a way to remove the little exploding flood thingies, but the way it was set up I couldn't do it...so just be reasonable about the models you use.

Most of the skins are for the Xan model simply cuz he had the most cool skins/ high quality. I might get some more skins from other models later, didn't bother to look at alot of them.

Link coming soon.

Sounds awesome man, thanks. :D

I wonder if someone will make a Big Daddy character model, that would rock.

Also, if people are looking for other games to play..how about Quake 3? I think it still holds up really well.

FatalT

Banned
Arg, I have problems with umod files. I double click it and it has to select a program from a list and doesn't work. I use the command prompt to try to install the umod file and it doesn't work. I drag the umod file to UT2004.exe and it doesn't work.

FatalT said:
Arg, I have problems with umod files. I double click it and it has to select a program from a list and doesn't work. I use the command prompt to try to install the umod file and it doesn't work. I drag the umod file to UT2004.exe and it doesn't work.

Same here :(

FatalT

Banned
Ninja Kn1ght said:
Same here :(

I figured it out. I used this tutorial for help, but instead of Unreal Tournament make it be for Unreal Tournament 2004.

http://www.unrealtower.org/tuts/Umods.html

Sooo...

Open the explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options... and then to the 'File types' tab. Press the 'New' button. Fill the fields this way:

* File extension: ut4mod

Find the UT4MOD in the list of extensions and click Advanced, then click New.

* Action: &Install this module
* Application used...: "C:\Games\UT2004\System\Setup.exe" install "%1"

Replace 'C:\Games\UT2004' with your UT2004 directory. Now press 'Ok' two times, and you're done!

Then go double click the ut4mod file and it should work.

:D

EDIT: The Mars Attacks Martian and the Helghast/Killzone-looking guy are awesome.

If worse comes to worst and you can't get the UMOD to work, don't worry too much about it. It's only one of the models that needs it, it doesn't effect the others.

I'm also making another skin pack (this one should be much smaller) with some quality skins I've found for the other models.

Thanks for the help FatalT, I couldn't find a way to set that in Vista though. I found a program called UMod browser that let me extract the files from the umod and put them in manually though. :)

Great skins, Agent Smith looks awesome.

Top Bottom