• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

saelz8

Illuminati said:
Ok wtf. I opened up Steam and all my games are gone, GONE! ;_;
Make sure Steam is closed, and then delete your AppUpdateStats.blob and your ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam directory.

Hopefully that fixes it.

Quellex said:
Make sure Steam is closed, and then delete your AppUpdateStats.blob and your ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam directory.

Hopefully that fixes it.
I checked my SteamApps dir, and all the .GCF files associated with their respective games are gone. I still have Company of Heroes and all my HL1/HL2 mods are still intact. Weird, I was playing Natural Selection a few days ago too.

Jenga

Banned
For those of you who have no idea how to deck PLEASE stay away from it. In a few maps the entire game depends on who has the best deckers. If you don't know what you're doing you can definitely ruin the entire game if you close/open the wrong doors.

"For those of you who have no idea how to deck PLEASE stay away from it. In a few maps the entire game depends on who has the best deckers. If you don't know what you're doing you can definitely ruin the entire game if you close/open the wrong doors."

Well, I wouldn't say stay away from it. The only way to learn what to do is to do it. That said, when I was first learning (and even now) I tended not to deck if there was a better decker on the team and there weren't many jack-in points.

Fantastic turnout tonight! I was hoping that with so many gaffers we wouldn't run into some of the vet names I recognized from when I played Dystopia a lot. Like Malevolence. Lo-and-behold he shows up and the bastard's a GAFfer. :p

Great games tonight.

zoku88

I wish I had dled the mod BEFORE the night started, then I would've gotten a chance to play, haha. The server was full by the time I finished installing :lol

Gattsu25

Banned
Awesome games tonight. So much damn fun

This was the most enjoyable experience I've had online since I started playing CS

Dystopia is a wonderful game, I really love the team dynamic. I still need to get a hang of decking. I couldn't figure it out :(

fallout

I had a lot of fun. Dystopia seems really cool ... but ... the cyberspace stuff is rather intimidating. Also, the dudes running around stealthed with swords was really annoying. Probably died to them more than anything. I used the thermal sensors for a bit, but it didn't really seem to work.

"I had a lot of fun. Dystopia seems really cool ... but ... the cyberspace stuff is rather intimidating. Also, the dudes running around stealthed with swords was really annoying. Probably died to them more than anything. I used the thermal sensors for a bit, but it didn't really seem to work."

Generally speaking, I always equip thermal sensors. As far as decking, yeah, it's a bit intimidating. I find it really fun, however. That said, I didn't actually deck much tonight.

Jenga

Banned
fallout said:
I had a lot of fun. Dystopia seems really cool ... but ... the cyberspace stuff is rather intimidating. Also, the dudes running around stealthed with swords was really annoying. Probably died to them more than anything. I used the thermal sensors for a bit, but it didn't really seem to work.
Wasn't there a bug that kept some people from seeing stealthers? I know I can see them just fine, either you're not used to it or their cloaked model or whatever isn't showing up. I heard some graphics cards have this problem.

saelz8

6b1iatk.jpg

Link

What do you guys think about playing this? Considering it's free, there's no reason for people that don't own the game to not play. (I happen to own the game though). It's going to include the new summer update.

Starts tomorrow

I own Red Orchestra. I'd LOVE to give this a go on Thursday-it'll give everyone a day to download and patch up.

The game is incredible BTW.

Doytch

How do you get the free trial to work? The link does nothing with Steam open, and it just opens Steam if it's closed. And Red Orchestra still costs 20 bucks in the store...

edit: nvm, realised it's still a day early...

Doytch said:
How do you get the free trial to work? The link does nothing with Steam open, and it just opens Steam if it's closed. And Red Orchestra still costs 20 bucks in the store...

Trial doesn't start until tomorrow.

Joe Molotov

LOL, I think what those guys failed to realize is that GAF's team basically consists of whoever happens to show up at the moment. For all we know, they could be members of GAF that just haven't shown up in the chat before. "Scrims" are really all we do.

saelz8

:lol Arab starting the whole scrim thing, hilarious. Some of them took it seriously and actually tried setting one up apparently.

We're the GAF, Jeff Bell asks, what is your contribution? :lol

Joe Molotov

Quellex said:
:lol Arab starting the whole scrim thing, hilarious. Some of them took it seriously and actually tried setting one up apparently.

We're the GAF, Jeff Bell asks, what is your contribution? :lol

I thought they knew he just screwing around at first and were just playing along, but by the end, I think they were really serious. And pissed. At one point, they muted all of us, even me and I didn't even have a mic. :lol The Gandhi stuff was priceless. :lol Well played, Arab.

teepo

i'd like another go at dystopia since steam decided to delete everything when i loaded it up last night. 2nd time this has happened in the last month. really annoying. lost my darwinia save :(

or perhaps another source mod for wednesday night, like pirates and viking or source forts.

OOO OOO DEATHMATCH CTF.

Wednesday shall be dedicated to the Red Orchestra trial. For this week. I think Wednesday may end up being strange one-off events for random games people think they could get a decent amount of people together for.

Joe Molotov

Teknopathetic said:
Wednesday shall be dedicated to the Red Orchestra trial. For this week. I think Wednesday may end up being strange one-off events for random games people think they could get a decent amount of people together for.

Preloading now.

teepo

ooo preloading! didn't know it was a free trial. my bad. been meaning to play this but never went around to buying it since i heard a lot of mixed feelings from my close friends. one half plays it regularly while the other detests it. the group that does play it also religiously still play ofp.... so i kind of don't trust them.

Joe Molotov

I played a few matches against bots this afternoon and...I dunno, it might be a bit too real for my tastes. I'll still be here tonight to play a few rounds with you guys, but I may not be buying it afterwards.

fallout

I wish I could be there tonight, guys, since I've really wanted to check this game out. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work till 11 EST.

saelz8

Well, Steam updated. I'm guessing that's what booted everyone.

Wednesday, August 29th

The Steam Community Update Notes:
Fixed several issues with steam windows on multi-monitor setups
Various fixes for Recent/Current Players dialog
Increased compatibility with the game overlay and OpenGL games
Fixed voice chat to work across NATs
Fixed non-Steam games in games list not always saving their 'favorite' status
Fixed regression with desktop shortcuts to steam games not working if steam wasn't already running (or any other path that involves a delayed game launch)
Improved game overlay performance
Added game overlay support for apps in Vista when running Steam as a non-admin
Decreased background CPU usage with voice chat
Detect if there is a fullscreen window currently running as the active foreground window and suppress notification toasts of all kinds
Added 'Community' option to favorite windows selection in settings->interface
Fixed regression where the friends list wouldn't update when a friend stopped playing a non-Steam game (the game name would be cleared, but the status would stay)

Well, I preloaded last night, then had to finish downloading tonight. Then it had to get verified...and I'm getting a runtime error. FUCK FUGFCHLAGKgfhasjkldGODJKFSHGFLKAJGHdgireyksagvgbshlrt I figure I didn't get my COD4 beta token, I could play this. NO I CANT GODFUCKINGDAMNIT FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

Doytch

CajoleJuice said:
Well, I preloaded last night, then had to finish downloading tonight. Then it had to get verified...and I'm getting a runtime error. FUCK FUGFCHLAGKgfhasjkldGODJKFSHGFLKAJGHdgireyksagvgbshlrt I figure I didn't get my COD4 beta token, I could play this. NO I CANT GODFUCKINGDAMNIT FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK

You didn't miss anything. Game is terrible...

saelz8

Yeah, GAF doesn't like RO. (I still like it)

It's a pain finding a good server as most servers still haven't updated. Oh well.

We're playing CS:S Zombie mod now.

bee

the games ok played it on a free weekend before but its not really my kinda thing, but playing on american servers was definetely worth it, arab repeating everything noob_cannon was typing and in the process winding the rest of the server up was funny as fuck.

Top Bottom