• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First teaser trailer for live action Ajin movie (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize this was a thing that was happening. Looks alright for a Japanese adaptation, but still a little off. I didn't really think about it before, but Ajin is pretty perfect to make the transition to live action and would be pretty unique if done right.

TRAILER

If you haven't watched the anime, it's on Netflix and gets pretty good. It takes place in modern Japan years after it's discovered that immortal people they call Ajin exist in the world. They are extremely rare (like less than 10 in the world are are known about) and humanity treats these people as if they're less than human. As you would imagine, the governments of the world take an obvious interest in experimenting on them and using them for combat purposes etc and the story picks up when a high schooler dies (very publicly) and discovers he is one, forcing him to go on the run. There's more to it than that and the rules to the immortality are used pretty cleverly throughout.

Whenever I look at promo material for a Japanese movie, I use how pretty the actors are as a rough indicator for how bad the movie will be. Those actors all look a bit too pretty, so I think this will be pretty bad, or at least very TV drama-like.

Platy

Hey that looks fun let me google it more

"a Black Ghost (黒い幽霊 Kuroi Yūrei[5]) is an entity which is manifested by an Ajin and most commonly used for combat purposes."

Fuck this anime bullshit =P

Hey that looks fun let me google it more

"a Black Ghost (黒い幽霊 Kuroi Yūrei[5]) is an entity which is manifested by an Ajin and most commonly used for combat purposes."

Fuck this anime bullshit =P

Lol. Trust me, it works. Outside of that, the whole "high schooler finds out he has powers stuff" (which doesn't play out the way you'd think) and a character or two, the show is pretty devoid of the usual anime tropes and is played relatively grounded.

"Old Man Sato" not old enough

96414aee84b259c23d00b0c39243432c1fe48dd3_hq.gif

tumblr_inline_o2fjyx8a0o1sk3dyr_500.gif

0128f889ed8cee7c2ae64e32821b5d06.jpg

Buckle

Part of Sato's charm is that he looks like a sweet old grandpa despite being a highly dangerous commando psychopath.

Not a fan of that casting. He looks way too young.

shira

They are going to show like 100 self-inflicted suicides?

That might not be such a great idea in a country with one of the highest actual suicide rates in the world.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
They are going to show like 100 self-inflicted suicides?

That might not be such a great idea in a country with one of the highest actual suicide rates in the world.

I mean the manga isn't that graphic really so I imagine this won't be either.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
*goes to read Wikipedia*

WTF at those character descriptions :lol

MC characters a genuine sociopath and egotist. I mean really that's what he is and Satou is well Satou. makes for a fun ride.

The Wikipedia has been altered though... hahahahahah. That's some vandalism that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom