• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World TGS 2017 Trailer

That was a damned fantastic trailer!

Looks like I'm in.

MatureRepentantHyrax.gif

Looks so good.

TreIII

The puff ball bat looks so adorable, and its area so colorful, too. It looks like that's where all the 3U/4U color went!

Like the new flagship, too.

kromeo

Sneaky lifa tree at the start.

Loving everything I've seen of this, I played quite a lot of Tri on the Wii but couldn't get into the 3DS games

Eolz

Remind me, can we choose JP voices as well?
I just remember hearing about english and gibberish choices in some previous interview, and that english VA is pretty average...

Trailer was really good overall though. Some interesting parts, some that felt a bit disappointing.
A bit surprised at some reactions at the story considering how 4U pushed it as well.

Guys, it's been said by other people before, but jesus christ, that music starting at around 1:47 in the trailer.

MMMMMMM, give it to me.

BlizzKrut

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinsei

Banned
I really hope the cutscenes are skippable.

Pre order and collector's edition armor sets in MH is pretty disgusting. There had better be armor sets with the same skills available very early in the game.

13ruce

Banned
Holy shit releases one day before my birthday and 1 week before my Splatoon Marina tattoo appointment:D

Trailer looks fucking epic!

I really hope the cutscenes are skippable.

Pre order and collector's edition armor sets in MH are pretty disgusting. There had better be armor sets with the saem skills available very early in the game.

The armor set has no skills. It's confirmed to just be a skin that goes over your armor. I'd be mad as fuck if they started selling armors with actual stats, but I'm all for capcom making more money on purely cosmetic stuff.

The charm does have skills, and it's just attack up and divine protection.

Edit: Ah, the samurai set is cosmetic only, but the Origin set does appear to be an actual set with stats and skills. Then yeah, hopefully it's outclassed pretty quickly.

Kinsei

Banned
The armor set has no skills. It's confirmed to just be a skin that goes over your armor. I'd be mad as fuck if they started selling armors with actual stats, but I'm all for capcom making more money on purely cosmetic stuff.

The charm does have skills, and it's just attack up and divine protection.

Oh that's fine then.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit, now I won't be able to get the Weezer song out of my head.

Much appreciated, as always. Added.

I'm not excited about pre-order jank but... man! A Monster Hunter back on consoles, and on PS4 of all places! Probably should vote with my money on this one so I *may* have to go against my usual policy of not buying games day one and pick this up.

Great Sword all day, every day (um, except when I'm using gunlance or a bow from time to time but that doesn't count does it?) ;P

BlizzKrut

Banned
I've watched the Japanese and English trailers probably 20 times total so far and missed that. Awesome if true though.

"The newly announced Digital Deluxe Edition for North America is MSRP $69.99 and includes the digital game, plus additional customizable options that can be used in-game: a Samurai Set skin, three gestures, two sticker sets, plus an extra face paint and hair style option for the hunter. The PS4 version of the Digital Deluxe Edition also includes 14 weapon-themed PSN avatars. The contents for the Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for purchase separately on January 26."

"The newly announced Digital Deluxe Edition for North America is MSRP $69.99 and includes the digital game, plus additional customizable options that can be used in-game: a Samurai Set skin, three gestures, two sticker sets, plus an extra face paint and hair style option for the hunter. The PS4 version of the Digital Deluxe Edition also includes 14 weapon-themed PSN avatars. The contents for the Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for purchase separately on January 26."

Yeah I saw that. What you said before was that they'd be available later in-game, though.

Ridley327

Looks good, but I'm still waiting for a new monster to grab me. Even the new elder dragon seems pretty derivative of what's come before.

JimPanzer

seems like the monster-hunter-world-is-for-casuals-brigade finally has a new thing to complaint about.

god forbid games to have stories.

Kinsei

Banned
seems like the monster-hunter-world-is-for-casuals-brigade finally has a new thing to complaint about.

god forbid games to have stories.

To be fair the stories in both 3 and 4 negatively affect the gameplay. It's not unreasonable for people to dislike the even bigger focus on story in World.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This looks fucking awesome. The story even looks decent enough, not amazing but competent enough. Day 1 and all that!

It's going to sell a lot. Japanese gamers seem pretty excited to play it and I'm sure it's going to move a lot of consoles as well. But the 3DS has a much bigger userbase, so who knows...

...worldwide this could easily become the best MH game to date, sales-wise.
5m is a tough nut to crack, esp. when MHW is competing with other big online games over gamers' time and money. It's possible but definetely not easy, even with more marketing which we will see.

Top Bottom