• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best DsiWare games

Which dsi ware games do you think were the best on the service, i have seen that the consensus is on shantae and zelda four swords, while personally, i prefer Starship defense, but with dsiware games being still avaliable on the 3ds, which ones would be still be worth it even over eshop games ?

starship-defense.png

Great game

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Mighty Flip Champs
Dark Void Zero
X-Scape

Elija2

Art Style: Pictobits and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again are pretty good puzzle games (and I'm not just saying that because I got them for free with Club Nintendo).

dadbeoI-rnkGxVPOZJQmkOGSI3tCqVAP.jpg
B3PCR48cCghu3iTSKQ_11ZKcNe4L_d9V.jpg

Go Go Kokopolo is really good, it was designed to be a retail game but was put out finally as a DSiWare game. :) A sequel is underway for 3DS eShop.

GamerJM

Banned
I thought it was cool how they released all of the different modes from Electroplankton on DSiWare as seperate games that cost a couple bucks each.

Pinball Pulse is great. There's only one table, but it's really well designed. Also has a daily challenge mode (no online leaderboards though).

pinballin_1255473475.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I enjoyed Aura-Aura Climber, Spotto!, and Pictobits. Those were actually my first 3DS purchases, wanted to grab a few games to play here and there. Four Swords was fun too. Have Aquia and Mario vs DK Minis March Again, but didn't care for those too much.

bon

I highly recommend Snapdots, Boxlife, and Trajectile.

Picdun and A Kappa's Trail are pretty good too.

rjc571

Banned
Go! Go! Kokopolo isn't just the best DSiWare game, it's one of the best games on the entire DS. It's an extremely unique, colorful, well-crafted 2D platforming/maze game played from an overhead 3D perspective, but with movement forced onto different paths in the maze. Your goal is to find all of the enemies on each stage, scratch them, and get them to chase you through the obstacle-filled levels so that you can feed them to a carnivorous plant. It's got an extremely lighthearted tone and silly sense of humor, the music and the pixel art are fantastic, and it's very long and challenging with a ton of replay value. Check it out, you won't regret it!

vanty

Digidrive is probably my favourite. Of the half dozen or so I own Pictobits is definitely my least favourite, just doesn't click with me at all while most people seems to love it.

Converse

Banned
I skipped out on the DSi and have been catching up on the 3DS, but in my limited experience, I can say that PiCTOBiTS is the best puzzle game I have played since Meteos. Meteos came out almost 10 years ago. So that's pretty damn good.

rjc571

Banned
Digidrive is probably my favourite. Of the half dozen or so I own Pictobits is definitely my least favourite, just doesn't click with me at all while most people seems to love it.

I used to think Pictobits' controls were completely broken, but after spending some more time thinking about it I think the problem lies with my 3DS's touch screen. No matter how many times I calibrate it, there are areas that won't register a touch in the exact spot that I touch them, instead registering the touch a dozen or so pixels off to the side. I don't know if this is a common problem with the 3DS, but it's something to look out for either way because it make Pictobits a nightmare to play.

IMO the unsung hero of the Art Style series is Zengage. It's insanely deep and complex (it literally throws an entirely new mechanic at you with each new set of levels you unlock), but at the same time it's an extremely mellow experience, with the soothing ambient soundtrack causing you to mellow into the proper mental state needed to figure out the complex puzzles.

xk0sm0sx

Can I post some Japanese DSiWare games? There is a small Virtual-On like game on Japanese DSiWare.
Battle of Elemental
ss01.jpg
ss04.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MexJjKksjEw

The Tower, which is known as SimTower that was released by Maxis in the US. The game was developed by Japanese developers.
This DSiWare port was originally a full DS title.
ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

Coropata, a really cute Incredible Machines game. Originally a DS title. Releasing today!
ss01.jpg
ss04.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvGkSrzZ6Ys

Yes, I think all these games are really damn good for the prices they are asking :p.

Snapdots. Its a reskin of guru logic champ. It is also available worldwide provided you did not cripple your 3DS by linking an NNID to it. Europeans need to access the Australian eShop to find it (change country in 3DS profile under system settings). Remember, to redownload it you need to access the Australian eShop (which makes NNID a worse safegaurd for purchases than not having one as it prevents this).

I thought it was cool how they released all of the different modes from Electroplankton on DSiWare as seperate games that cost a couple bucks each.
For this and Magic made fun they actually made some new exclusive ones too. Can't remember which Electroplankton one is the new one...

But personally as far as retail ports go I like Spin 6, Digidrive and Sujin Taisen Number Battles but due to owning the original ones (well spin 6 is slightly extended) I probably won't buy these.

I used to think Pictobits' controls were completely broken, but after spending some more time thinking about it I think the problem lies with my 3DS's touch screen. No matter how many times I calibrate it, there are areas that won't register a touch in the exact spot that I touch them, instead registering the touch a dozen or so pixels off to the side. I don't know if this is a common problem with the 3DS, but it's something to look out for either way because it make Pictobits a nightmare to play.
Question. Are you using 1:1 scaling (hold select on startup of DSiWare)? I'm curious weather that will chance the location of the problem area (is it the same areas in both modes) or could it caused by a mathematical glitch in scaling touch screen position to pixels.

rjc571

Banned
Question. Are you using 1:1 scaling (hold select on startup of DSiWare)? I'm curious weather that will chance the location of the problem area (is it the same areas in both modes) or could it caused by a mathematical glitch in scaling touch screen position to pixels.

The touch screen messes up in 3DS-specific games and applications (notably the on-screen keyboard), so I don't think that would make a difference.

Top Bottom