• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question I bought the game yesterday, but I'm using my brothers 3DS. Does the town carry over to another 3DS once I get my own with the cart or does it save onto the 3DS?

Laffer

Sooo here we go with the second OT. I wonder how many different threads this game is going to get, specially we we start with the Turnip stock market.

You can stack fruit? That's certainly a nice tip to know.

Quick question, is there any way to sell stuff after the re-cycle place closes at 11PM?

Anyone have a slingshot? Those flying presents haunt me.

If they're flying towards a cliff, get your net and wait either at the edge of the cliff or on a slope. When they start lowering as they go off the cliff edge, hit them with your net. Doesn't always work, and if they're over water you're shit outta luck, but beats waiting for Nooks to upgrade.

Yesterday I sent my 3 games europe promotion to get new leaf for free. Waiting for the code. Lets see if the new additions make the game better for me.
EDIT: LOL I just got it! YAY!

moai

Liana said she would make me an offer that i can't refuse for the samurai chest piece.
Haha.

What are the highs and lows of turnips, roughly?
Like the real stock market, it's a high risk/reward thing. You buy as many turnips as you want.
Check Re-Tail for current turnip sales(except for today, of course). If the sales spike high, say 300 more bells than the price you bought, you can sell them and become that much richer.

The catch is that they are time sensitive. They spoil by next Sunday (instantly if you try to change the clock).

Need more axes. Seriously, why do they break? Have oranges and pears, also Joans selling turnips at 90 bells

0044-3867-2933

Onikaan

Acquired Bill Blaster (Bullet Bill) and S.S Dolphin (Pikmin Space Shuttle) if anyone's interested.

Looking for Zelda related items!

EDIT: Also have Apples if you need some foreign fruit.

I keep getting lame things from my fortune cookies. Yesterday I got a Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 wallpaper, today I got a Super Mushroom. My house is too tiny for either of those things to be any use to me!

Is that full Link costume a fortune cookie prize, or do you have to buy it? I WANT ONE.

While you're waiting for the slingshot you can still take those things down: wait for the present to reach the cliff edge on the beach and swing your bug-net at it :)

WAIT. You can do this!? I didn't know that was possible! Gaaaaahhhh!

Avallon

I keep getting lame things from my fortune cookies. Yesterday I got a Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 wallpaper, today I got a Super Mushroom. My house is too tiny for either of those things to be any use to me!

Is that full Link costume a fortune cookie prize, or do you have to buy it? I WANT ONE.

I got a losing ticket today :(

Laffer

Are you be able to order things in the catalog in this game too?
Can you catalog-order the fortune cookie items? That would be interesting to know...

Fortune cookie, in four separate bits; Hat, Clothes, Pants, Boots.

I've found Link's boots this morning in my frotune cookie!

Well now I'm just sad. There's no way I'm going to be lucky enough to get all four of those!

Whut!?

Seriously, is it not very good? I have the smallest house but am still excited for it!

I'm more of a Zelda fan than a Mario fan. That being said, I am wearing a Luigi t-shirt...but who wouldn't? He's Luigi.

Man, I want to get a download card for this, but all the EB Games (Canada) in my area seem to not have any, they have Weegee and FE cards though. Also you don't seem to keep the slip but they give you the code, does the code come on a special card, or on a flimsy piece of paper?

OT2 already?

Damn I'm so happy this game is doing so well! Today I got a toad hat and got some turnips. Can't wait to play the stalk market!

Draconian

I love Capn's songs on the way to the island. Hilarious stuff.

Also, is there anyway to stack turnips that you bought on two different occasions? I got some more bells and decided to even more turnips this morning, but I can't figure out how to stack them. It's pretty annoying if you can't.

Does anything other than fruit or bells stack?

Turnips do! And types of stationery are bought in stacks.
Can't think of anything else.

Also, is there anyway to stack turnips that you bought on two different occasions? I got some more bells and decided to even more turnips this morning, but I can't figure out how to stack them. It's pretty annoying if you can't.

Make sure you're not in a storage or letter screen. You can't stack things unless you're just in the plain old inventory screen.

Man, I want to get a download card for this, but all the EB Games (Canada) in my area seem to not have any, they have Weegee and FE cards though. Also you don't seem to keep the slip but they give you the code, does the code come on a special card, or on a flimsy piece of paper?

GameStop tends to print out promotional codes on your receipt now instead of handing out physical cards. When I used to manage a GameStop way back in the day, one of our most frequently stolen items was prepaid XBL time cards.

I assume that's a fairly common occurrence, and I assume the switch to printouts instead of physical cards was a response to that.

Bii

Woohoo, got a Virtual Boy from my fortune cookie. I may or may not go for a Nintendo-themed room once I've expanded my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom