• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Had 6 summon tickets from the gift box and 3k magicite, did 2 job pulls trying to get Dragoon and got normal Mage and Dark Knight. Bleh. I think I'm going to work on Dark Knight though, I want to start building up some Warrior class decks since I'm primarily mage focused at the moment.

Kinda hard to pull a job that's not even out yet :|

Pejo

Ah....well then!

putting-gun-to-head.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
Do you mean the Mog Amulet and such?

It was a bug or something, those were the rewards from last week and were mysteriously replenished after the update if you already bought them (meaning I got two Amulets and Extractors, woo).

ok fine

it's a dick move to have a bug that replenishes stuff requiring ifrit when only 1* ifrit is available

So an iTunes card deal finally popped up (sadly 15%, not the usual 20%, but I was dry so whatever).

I'm struggling to think of what to do with a 3000 magicite pack if I snag one. Are job cards still the biggest draw? I'm leaning towards Growstars, but I would probably want to hold out to get the 4x deal.

WarAdept

So an iTunes card deal finally popped up (sadly 15%, not the usual 20%, but I was dry so whatever).

I'm struggling to think of what to do with a 3000 magicite pack if I snag one. Are job cards still the biggest draw? I'm leaning towards Growstars, but I would probably want to hold out to get the 4x deal.

I can't think of anything to buy with extra magicite apart from the Growstars as well. The game is so good with it's paid elements.

Celegus

Had enough tickets hoarded for 3 jobs, got Samurai White Mage Black Mage. Not exactly what I was looking for. So now I have 4 mage jobs and one warrior, still no rangers.

Razmos

Did a job pull to tide me over and got Dark Knight. Seems worth building up for when in-battle job changing is released, so I can switch between the survivability of Knight with the DPS of Dark Knight, but I'll think about it when it gets released.

Falk

that puzzling face
I've maxed out:

Combat Surgeon
Royal Guard
Dark Lord
Archmage

NOT GOING TO MAX OUT EXPLORER LOL

But it does seem I have options for swapping between Dark Lord/Royal Guard and Combat Surgeon/Archmage with the same(ish) set of cards. Not enough 4*s to go around though, so I'm going to have to decide on one set or the other.

WarAdept

I've maxed out:

Combat Surgeon
Royal Guard
Dark Lord
Archmage

NOT GOING TO MAX OUT EXPLORER LOL

But it does seem I have options for swapping between Dark Lord/Royal Guard and Combat Surgeon/Archmage with the same(ish) set of cards. Not enough 4*s to go around though, so I'm going to have to decide on one set or the other.

I have no idea how you managed to generate so many skillseeds. I've just finished maxing out Explorer as my 2nd job and out of seeds sans water (because FFRK T&J/V&F and Pupu/break water cards we're basically what everyone ran when multiplayer first came out).

Falk

that puzzling face
Farming 2 Ifrit cards (warrior/mage) = a shit ton of skillseeds when you're chain running with a good group and they give 17.5x multiplier.

I can't think of anything to buy with extra magicite apart from the Growstars as well. The game is so good with it's paid elements.
Well, it depends. If you're willing to (as Falk put it) play the game a little bit like Cookie Clicker, you can cover most of your bases in terms of growth. If you're not up for that, I figure summoning maxed cards or buying openers would be the way to play the game. Either way though, yeah, the game is pretty nice with pay elements.

Blizzaja costs 43 ability tickets in the shop :(
Those are "early summon" cards, they'll be normal priced in a few weeks.

Echo in english dear lord

edit:

New content drops is like new stuff to auto, yay!

Had to do this with every new drop lol. Gotta start farming augs to get everything to 3 star, been putting that off for too long.

The boss nodes in ruins seem to be fixed (red on hard) so ill just start accumulating those first.

Also, anyone know good magus decks for farming in chapter 3? I've only been playing Samurai and Skirmisher and they've got decent defense. Magus feels like paper lol

Falk

that puzzling face
Mage classes in general feel like they've got a more distinct flip point between 'lol u died' and 'lol u killed things very fast' due to lower HP/defense and higher MAG stat.

I'm not sure if there's any sage advice other than 'level up more'. PuPus definitely help beefiness on specific elements while providing pretty great Skillseed earnings assuming maxed out 4*.

PSA: Keep a couple of elixirs ready for the post-chapter 3 content.

There's an area that require 30 and 50 stamina once each

Pejo

I dunno if I'm just losing my mind here, but I'm actually enjoying the story of this game. The whole concept of blanks just being any joe shmoe and any of them could be the hero is very well played considering the type of game. I was also actually slightly touched at the Moogle storyline. Also, I really don't know who the "good" guys are yet, which is pretty interesting considering its a mobile gacha game at its core.

I dunno if I'm just losing my mind here, but I'm actually enjoying the story of this game. The whole concept of blanks just being any joe shmoe and any of them could be the hero is very well played considering the type of game. I was also actually slightly touched at the Moogle storyline. Also, I really don't know who the "good" guys are yet, which is pretty interesting considering its a mobile gacha game at its core.

Bros before hoes, I'm stickin with Garland.

Also, that loading screen after Mog's storyline still gets me in the feels whenever I see it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

It's definitely way, way beyond what I was expecting. It's almost meta-commentary, because it loves to poke fun at all the usual chosen one cliches.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the whole parody on cliches thing is a rather refreshing self-aware take on JRPGs in general and FFI (or even FF) in particular.

Garland still is best bro.

Too bad the cliche useless sidekicks aren't any deeper than cliche useless sidekicks tho.

To its credit, the situation is still far more tolerable than the last time there was an annoying fairy in a Squeenix game where you had to put up with Agnes' shrieking for an entire JRPG.

Razmos

I think the whole parody on cliches thing is a rather refreshing self-aware take on JRPGs in general and FFI (or even FF) in particular.

Garland still is best bro.

Too bad the cliche useless sidekicks aren't any deeper than cliche useless sidekicks tho.

To its credit, the situation is still far more tolerable than the last time there was an annoying fairy in a Squeenix game where you had to put up with Agnes' shrieking for an entire JRPG.
Do you mean Airy?
At least you got to murder that bitch

Falk

that puzzling face
No I meant Agnes. In other words where even the annoying useless sidekick wasn't the worst part of the cast.

Does the level cap increase affect skill-seed payouts? My usual setup for the ruins had 4*(2x) difficulty at my normal grinding spots but now it's 5*(2.5x).

Falk

that puzzling face
I think your level does. Switching to a shiny new 4* card that's lv1 tanks your character level for a bit, making areas 'harder'.

Razmos

Just started playing chapter 3 and jeez Garland is so sexist lol.

He sounds like one of those anti feminism guys lol

Golnei

Mobius Day is a false prophet. I should never have trusted in a 94% chance.

It's definitely way, way beyond what I was expecting. It's almost meta-commentary, because it loves to poke fun at all the usual chosen one cliches.

It's nothing particularly amazing and there's plenty of room for improvement, but I haven't minded how they've handled those elements as a whole, they could certainly have done a lot worse with it. It's adequate, with some interesting elements.

I definitely still agree they're the weakest part of the thing.

I got burned too, suuuuucks.
I leveled my FFRK cards at 96% and only missed once (on a two card level), so I saved eleven cards from doing it 100%.

Although I did stick to 100% for the Level 6 > 7 > 8 phase, that's just way too much to lose at that point.

Razmos

Holy shit that reference.

"I used to be an adventurer like you until I took a fiends claw to the knee"

This game is brilliant.

Holy shit that reference.

"I used to be an adventurer like you until I took a fiends claw to the knee"

This game is brilliant.
So they took a line from another game that got repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated all over the internet..

..and the game is brilliant because of that?

Okay.

Razmos

So they took a line from another game that got repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated all over the internet..

..and the game is brilliant because of that?

Okay.
I enjoyed the reference, no need to be a dick about it.

Kenai

I feel like I should know these things by now, but another couple of noob questions (appreciate the help with the last few btw, thanks a ton).

Is there any point in leveling the "base" job card and the class specific job card together if I have both? Or is the base card just a fallback til I get the "real" ones?

Speaking of job cards, when we get the super duper hey I kinda look like that one person from another FF job cards, are those also in the random job card draw? Was thinking about trying to whittle down the draw pool there if so.

Caim

I feel like I should know these things by now, but another couple of noob questions (appreciate the help with the last few btw, thanks a ton).

Is there any point in leveling the "base" job card and the class specific job card together if I have both? Or is the base card just a fallback til I get the "real" ones?

Speaking of job cards, when we get the super duper hey I kinda look like that one person from another FF job cards, are those also in the random job card draw? Was thinking about trying to whittle down the draw pool there if so.

Not sure how Global will handle it since we can't pull dupes. People on reddit were thinking they were gonna handle it differently. Normally they would be in the pool too for a limited time like in JP.

Kenai

Not sure how Global will handle it since we can't pull dupes. People on reddit were thinking they were gonna handle it differently. Normally they would be in the pool too for a limited time like in JP.

Appreciate it. Don't really feel like it will be a "waste" to pull them per se even if they don't end up being in the pool, but I was debating doing a few Growstars instead for unlocks in the meantime if they were for sure gonna be "outdated" by event rewards.

So there are two reasons to maybe spend some time on the starter jobs.

1. Role spread; starter jobs have some flexibility in being able to switch around (ie: being a starter Ranger, Hunter or Thief). So I have a Thief card, but if for some reason I needed a ranger job with water orbs, I could use this. I don't know if this would be beneficial any, but it's there.

2. Weapon. The early job card weapons favor an orb type, the starter job weapons are agnostic.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah that's exactly my conclusion as well depending how your first 2-3 job pulls went, but they do become less useful as you breach 5-ish job summons. (unless you have hilariously bad luck and pull all t2 classes that start with 3 speed)

Like, as I mentioned earlier I did both Dark Lord/Royal Guard and Combat Surgeon/Archmage pairs, so I'm good for warrior/mage setups, but I'm still tempted to deep dive the base daggers deck. Lord knows the moment I do that I'm going to pull two daggers jobs.

I guess I'll wait and see how the 5-8 panel stacks up in terms of flexibility over power, but then again by then I'd have probably maxed out all my existing job cards anyway. Seemed like a shit ton of Skillseeds requirements but we were comparing the first two weeks of the game with the first 12-16 weeks. That's almost a magnitude of difference.

So, finally maxed out: Hunter, Samurai, Warrior and Mage.

I kind of want to pull another as soon as I get 6 tickets, but I sort of want to save 6 for the later event pulls (especially the special jobs like Tidus). Hope it still costs only 6 tickets like the past events. The upcoming one (Picto) doesn't look that great to me.

Exclusive sneak peak of the next week in Mobius Final Fantasy (starting Thursday night).

Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core. Molten Core.

Top Bottom