• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReXXXSoprano said:
I'm thinking so because I can't remember the last crossover that had uneven sides. MvC1 was uneven sort of if you don't include Onslaught. And Capcom vs SNK 1 (PRO) had uneven sides as well and this includes all playable characters. I think their still holding Ai back though and waiting for an announcement or she could be a DLC. But I think we'll have answers within the next week I think.
Ai is such a weird character to hold back

No one really has any attachment to her.

Forkball

Tatsunoko did work on Evangelion...

114135108.jpg

Make it happen, Capcom. We will know all the characters by tomorrow night anyways.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sadist said:
Question, is someone making an official thread for the game?

I thought this sorta is the TvC official US thread, much like the first one (CGoH) which was also originally a news thread became the official thread.

Forkball

There should be an official thread for this game though, since it's coming to America. Whoever makes it shouldn't half-ass it though, look at the quality of the Street Fighter IV official thread. I don't expect it to be THAT elaborate, but it should look nice and appealing to people who haven't heard a lot about this game.

ReiGun

ShockingAlberto said:
Ai is such a weird character to hold back

No one really has any attachment to her.
Probably holding her back because of the Japanese fans. Since Yatterman got a recent remake series and live movie, I'd imagine she's pretty popular with the fans over there nowadays.

I'd be willing to help with the official thread if anyone wants to make it.

Caj814

ReiGun said:
Probably holding her back because of the Japanese fans. Since Yatterman got a recent remake series and live movie, I'd imagine she's pretty popular with the fans over there nowadays.

I'd be willing to help with the official thread if anyone wants to make it.

I imagine Ookami-kun will be the starter of that thread so you should pm him.

Milabrega

Tekkaman Blade looks great :D

But this stream is incredibly laggy. How kids hosting bar events get better streams up than Capcom I just dunno.

sfried

Amazon is giving a $10 credit towards a purchase of another game if you pre-order with them.

They wouldn't happen to have the Arcade Stick bundle, would they?

ezekial45

Banned
I went to the event today and had a blast. It was my first time playing it, and i felt right at home after playing a few games. With that said, i got my ass kicked by Justin Wong twice. It was still fun playing against him, though.

By far, my favorite character to play as was Joe The Condor. I was expecting to main Ken the Eagle, but Joe was way more satisfying to play as. Not to mention, he has by far the most badass, stylized counter-attack move i've ever seen in a fighting game.

I can't wait for this to get released. I haven't had this much fun with a fighting game in a long time.

Some impressions CONFIRM there are MORE characters yet to be revealed. So it's not the final build after all.

Also the endings have new Udon artwork. Same ending plot, just new artwork

Compare the original CGoH:
2e5urvc.jpg

and grabbed from the stream
30lglea.jpg

The credits list Udon as well, so I'm pretty sure it's likely them.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ookami-kun said:
Curse you, auto-scaling!

Anyway, I am digging the Orbital Ring stage theme.
Why did you got banned?
Welcome back of course b-^__^-d

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apparently GAF autoscales to 90px width. I am actually confused on what I should I do and I asked, but instead of getting a what-to-do I got banned. XP

Anyway, this will be the temporary thread til the one I made gets unlocked. I wonder what time though.

Oh and... http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/blog/20100105_477.html

- You can't transfer CGoH save to UAS.
- No arcade version of UAS.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't have an interest in buying this game at first since I'm not a big fighting fan. But after I've seen the video and read the blogs I'm definately it up now. I think it'll make a fine addition to anyone's Wii game collection.

Choppasmith said:
Some impressions CONFIRM there are MORE characters yet to be revealed. So it's not the final build after all.

Also the endings have new Udon artwork. Same ending plot, just new artwork

Compare the original CGoH:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2e5urvc.jpg

and grabbed from the stream
http://i45.tinypic.com/30lglea.jpg

The credits list Udon as well, so I'm pretty sure it's likely them.

What a damn waste of money and time. This is stupid.

Is there a gallery of the original ending artwork anywhere? I don't care about spoiling them for myself, I want to see the original stuff.

Volcynika

Ookami-kun said:
Apparently GAF autoscales to 90px width. I am actually confused on what I should I do and I asked, but instead of getting a what-to-do I got banned. XP

Anyway, this will be the temporary thread til the one I made gets unlocked. I wonder what time though.

Oh and... http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/blog/20100105_477.html

- You can't transfer CGoH save to UAS.
- No arcade version of UAS.

Your thread will probably be unlocked a week prior to release, since that seems to be the general enforced rule now.

2DMention

Banned
How much of a following do Tatsunoko characters have in the U.S.? I can't imagine anyone outside of anime/manga otaku could know anything about them. The only one I'm familiar with is Casshan Robot Hunter.

Isn't the US version of the game to include bios of those characters?

vazel

Banned
2DMention said:
How much of a following do Tatsunoko characters have in the U.S.? I can't imagine anyone outside of anime/manga otaku could know anything about them. The only one I'm familiar with is Casshan Robot Hunter.

Isn't the US version of the game to include bios of those characters?
Only one I'm familiar with is Tekkaman because my friend was a big fan of the cartoon as a kid.

neo2046 said:
Famitsu.com reveals TvC's new stage video

I think I saw that stage last night on the stream. If I'm not mistaken that is the Willamette Mall (Night) stage.

As far as the stream goes it was good to see the game but I really miss those character themes though. And Seth saying that there are more characters is something that has me hype again.

The countdown continues...

Urban Scholar said:
I do believe its because Capcom likes throwing us for a fruit loop. Perhaps its a new PR hype tactic?
If that's the case, the wait for SSFIV info (which is largely leaked; much like this game) will get unbearable fast.

_dementia said:
If that's the case, the wait for SSFIV info (which is largely leaked; much like this game) will get unbearable fast.

What if they don't reveal the 3S characters until a week beforehand? omg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom