• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store Flash Sale (Dark Souls 2, Tales of Graces f, South Park, FFX/X-2, more)

kogasu

I always go for physical versions, but I really wanted to play Ni no Kuni so I bought it. These flash sales are so awesome. I eagerly await the next one.

evanmisha

Blog post is up, so I threw the price chart in the OP. As for Toukiden, it's awesome, but an expansion literally just got announced and I haven't heard whether or not it'll be available as DLC.

To be honest, I was expecting to see God Eater 2 on sale for the same reason, but I guess I forgot it never got localized.

RetroMG

I sold my copy of Graces F when my PS3 died last year. I thought I'd rebought the digital, but I guess not. Will grab, and maybe Mass Effect, just to have it.

halfbeast

Banned
didn't realize Pixeljunk Shooter was for everything - downloading it on my VITA!!!!
after the stupid firmware update >_>

Hugstable

Banned
I sold my copy of Graces F when my PS3 died last year.

Same, my original died like 2 weeks after Graces F came out and I just ended up selling the game. Time to rebuy, such great sales again from Sony. Gonna be picking up Demon Souls for sure digital at 10$ it's a steal for such a great classic. Might pick up Ni No Kuni as well since it's only 5$.

RalchAC

how is toukiden? It looks actiony, is it open world rpg or what? I love action games like Bayonetta and Dragons Dogma but I didn't enjoy Soul Sacrifice one bit since it felt way to confined. This any better?

I posted this explanation in page two.

As for Graces - I didn't enjoy tales of xilia (the characters rubbed me the wrong way) and stopped playing about 2 hours in (after the boat or whatever). I adored Vesperia and played that all the way. Will this game click with me?

You should keep playing Xillia. It's better at everything aside the battle system. I thought it was a really good game.

For Tales of Graces look below.

Tales of graces worth it for someone unfamiliar with the series?

No. Everything in the game goes from forgettable to bad if you exclude the battle system. Which is awesome. If you're a Tales fan and want to play it for its gameplay, buy it. If you're not a Tales of fan, I'd rather recommend Vesperia (360) or Xillia (PS3) which overall are much better products.

And I was expecting Nisekoi to have a plot. But we can't all get what we want now can we?
Honestly, it just came out. It'll drop price by years end and go on sale for $20 early next year.

I've actually laughed more than I think I would with that comment XD

tanod

when is my burrito
How does Dragon Age compare to Mass Effect?

It'd be nice if it was Mass Effect with Swords and Dragons.

Is it worth it to get Toukiden when there the newer version is coming out soon? Basically is the new content worth waiting for?

valouris

Can I create an account and purchase software if I don't own any PS hardware yet? (oh god what am I doing plz halp)

lol, i literally just bought toukiden last week. i'm enjoying it a lot though. as far as hunting games go, it reminds me of god eater -- faster-paced than monster hunter with high mobility and aerial combat, as well as an increased focus on story/characters and aesthetic. it's also less deep or tactical, and as is often the case with first hunting game iterations, the monster and armor/weapon upgrade pools are somewhat limited. honestly, i can't think of any hunting games that make use of space and the environment at the level that monster hunter does (i.e., at all) and this game is even worse than many of its peers in providing an interesting combat arena, often instead opting for large, empty arenas. but the combat still has enough depth to satisfy anyone who likes the faster breed of hunting games and are familiar with their idiosyncratic flaws. the mitama system, too, adds a kind of character class function, with passive rpg-esque abilities that add a unique layer to the gameplay.

there is a 1.5 version in the works, though -- toukiden kiwami -- that has been announced for japan. i don't know how toukiden sold here, so i'm not sure whether or not it'll be coming overseas, but that might be a factor to take into consideration. it adds three new weapons (the naginata, club, and rifle), adds new story content, doubles the monster count (though there will most certainly be some recolors in there) and greatly expands on the amount of weapons/armor and mitama, but i doubt it will add up to a soul sacrifice delta level of content.

i might pick up atelier escha from this sale. seems like a slow burn kind of game, though, which i can dig, but i'm afraid i'll lose interest if the story/characters are as lackluster as i'm reading. i'd appreciate some additional impressions.

tmtyf

Tempted to get atelier.... I have all the rest including vita versions minus this one but.... I wanted the physical copy.... But so good price >_<

Tenrius

Can you download FFX and FFX-2 separately? If so, what are the respective install sizes? I have limited space on my PS3 :(

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
But there's a lot of plot in the game.
edit: lol beaten
One or two of the characters
Rikku x Lulu
have lots of plot specifically.
Nisekoi does have a plot... or 4 or... 5 actually.
I posted this explanation in page two.
You should keep playing Xillia. It's better at everything aside the battle system. I thought it was a really good game.
For Tales of Graces look below.
No. Everything in the game goes from forgettable to bad if you exclude the battle system. Which is awesome. If you're a Tales fan and want to play it for its gameplay, buy it. If you're not a Tales of fan, I'd rather recommend Vesperia (360) or Xillia (PS3) which overall are much better products.
I've actually laughed more than I think I would with that comment XD
Yes, but how much Laura Bailey does Graces f have? I know Xillia has approximately zero. Lets see if I can phrase this better... If you take Graces F's score and add about 2 points (out of 10) to it, is it equal to or greater than Xillia.

Hatchtag

Banned
Part of me wants to bite on FFX/X2HD. But part of me knows it'll get cheaper, as most Vita games do.
Although, with the exception of MGSHD, I don't think I've seen any of the "HD Collections" on that big of a sale. Plus it seems to be one of the Vita's biggest titles alongside Persona 4 Golden, and I donno if I've ever seen that for less than $20.

Ok guys....is Ni No worth the 5iver? All I hear is mixed feelings and I won't be playing it anytime soon. But $5 seems like a good deal...

And what about The Witch and The Hundred Knight? And Rainbow Moon?

Curse Sony and their never ending low prices to games I would have never even considered!!!

Begaria

Graces F, here I come.

WOW @ Kuni for $5. Did that game bomb? I bought game at full price and loved it.

It didn't bomb. It even did well enough to become a Greatest Hits PS3 title. Actually, I love the fact that NNK is this cheap and consistently on sale - more people get to check it out. Namco Bandai could learn a thing or two here by getting a few of those Tales games even cheaper.

RPGCrazied

Wow, I don't really do retail games digitally, but if I didn't already own Ni No Kuni I would so jump on that. $5 is like getting the game for free.

Hows Amalur?

I really enjoyed that game. The biggest problem ive had with it was the game got way too easy after the first 10 or more hours. Even if you set the difficulty higher it wont matter. But the lore, aesthetics and the gameplay was impressive. Worth it at $5. Really fun game.

khaaan

Probably will grab Graces though I wanted a physical copy. Then again I also wanted a physical copy of Symphonia HD but I caved. I was also going to get FFX/X2 on the Vita but everyone is being such a debbie downer that I'm also considering holding out. Mass Effect since I've never played it, maybe?

I'll hold out a few more days, I'm waiting on a response for a job interview I just did that I feel relatively good about.

Ok guys....is Ni No worth the 5iver? Are hear mixed feelings and I won't be playing it anytime soon. But $5 seems like a good deal...

And what about The Witch and The Hundred Knight?

Ni No Kuni is definitely worth $5 though I think most people felt that the combat itself didn't deliver. Still thought it was a fun experience though.

Shin-Ra

Graces F, here I come.

WOW @ Kuni for $5. Did that game bomb? I bought game at full price and loved it.
Bombed in Japan but did well overseas published by Namco. It's shipped over 1.1M units.

And just to tempt people.

Ni No Kuni has banana monsters, an over world, cities and great environment art!

6251009795_6689031b15_o.jpg
6079543725_df80be23c3_o.jpg

6080081016_f5b64c6abe_o.jpg
6080080924_2a60305f8c_o.jpg

6080081376_9f3b52fed8_o.jpg
6080081494_f72392a796_o.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Can you install the Vita FF games separately, or does it have to install the whole 6gb chunk?

squall211

Does anybody expect there to be an Atelier Escha & Logy + vita port at some point? If so, I will hold off on this and wait for it. Otherwise I'm pretty tempted.

I enjoy that South Park's flash sale price is more expensive than the off-the-shelf price at retailers.

On another note, I may be purchasing a game or three when I get home.

How did it bomb in Japan? (statement of disbelief, not saying you're wrong) Anyways, bought it a second time thanks to the sale.
I would guess because it was a remake of a DS game and perhaps the Japanese are less enthusiastic about rebuying things they've recently played before.

Can I create an account and purchase software if I don't own any PS hardware yet? (oh god what am I doing plz halp)

I think so. That's what I did last year during their Halloween sale. I just created my PSN account online and was able to purchase several pieces of software like the House of the Dead Bundle. When I got my PS3 during Christmas I just used that PSN ID. I've also bought several pieces of software for other PS platforms without owning them. One thing though, in order to register for PS Plus you need to do it on Sony hardware. I got my PS Plus subscription a few days before my PS3 but couldn't redeem it until I got the actual PS3, but missed Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen free on Plus.

Top Bottom