• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
To be fair, it's supposed to. That whole area creeped me the fuck out the whole time and I don't really have an issue with (video game) spiders. That section has creepier stuff than spiders :p
yeah unless it's really lazy basic enemies i don't really hold it against games to put spiders in them

giant spiders in pillars of eternity because idk just put some spiders in it is really lame, but in hollow knight that area looks really well realized and original and intense, which is all really cool and commendable

in that case it's just a matter of my brain being broken and not being able to appreciate the cool thing they did (and being paralyzed in terror instead), so yea, kudos to hollow knight

i should look more into it cos that game looks really cool

Whales

Banned
yeah unless it's really lazy basic enemies i don't really hold it against games to put spiders in them

giant spiders in pillars of eternity because idk just put some spiders in it is really lame, but in hollow knight that area looks really well realized and original and intense, which is all really cool and commendable

in that case it's just a matter of my brain being broken and not being able to appreciate the cool thing they did (and being paralyzed in terror instead), so yea, kudos to hollow knight

i should look more into it cos that game looks really cool

I have arachnophobia and I managed to traverse that area without dying IRL

Yeah its still one of the areas I despise going through while backtracking and stuff, but otherwise id say its fine. ( I wish it didnt exist though :(. )

1DHAGjK.jpg

Aters

Spent $27 on my first Steam sale, feeling alright. I have to say at this rate Steam will soon run out of games I want to play.

jrcbandit

Anybody know if any of the JRPGs on sale are worth picking up?
Bersaria?
Trails in the sky?
Some Atelier game?
Something else?
Bersaria is definitely worth picking up, best Tales game since Vesperia. I enjoyed it so much I got the pirate costume DLC, the main character looks so much better in her pirate Captain gettup lol.

Ventara

Bersaria?
Trails in the sky?
Some Atelier game?
Something else?

I like Atelier a lot, but I've read the PC ports aren't good. Berseria is good, great characters. Trails is the best. Pick up the first chapter if you haven't already. A lot of people like Nier: Automata as well, as do I, but I do feel it's a bit overhyped.

Amzin

Bersaria?
Trails in the sky?
Some Atelier game?
Something else?

Everyone recommends Cosmic Star Heroine, I am probably going to grab it myself but have not played it yet. I enjoyed their other games well enough for what they were.

What's the chance of DSIII Season Pass to be featured in another humble bundle in the future?

Bersaria?
Trails in the sky?
Some Atelier game?
Something else?

Pick one of your most wanted to play right now, then wait for the rest.

Berseria is most likely to get a higher discount a few months later, the same goes for Atelier. Trails games discount is kinda stale though, they move VERY slowly.

Ascheroth

I would have expected the port backlash to hinder it more really.

Like, I finished the game no problem on PC, but the port definitely isn't the best and it hasn't really gotten the patches it needs.

But yeah, still great that more people will get to experience the game.
I hate Square Enix for abandoning the game like this.

Bersaria?
Trails in the sky?
Some Atelier game?
Something else?
Trails in the Sky is amazing.

Atelier Sophie is great too and I've heard good things about Berseria, but those will be cheaper.

Pachimari

If I have the Deluxe edition of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, do I own all of the DLC? Because all of the DLC listed on the game's store page is not listed in Properties > DLC.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have arachnophobia and I managed to traverse that area without dying IRL

Yeah its still one of the areas I despise going through while backtracking and stuff, but otherwise id say its fine. ( I wish it didnt exist though :(. )

everyone is different i guess

for me it's almost always really difficult to deal with

Frimaire

Wow, that got a lot of replies quickly. Thanks, guys.
Any of those games have like, complicated leveling systems, skill trees, stuff like that?

yuraya

There is something really really wrong about Fallout 4 season pass costing 2x more than the base game.

I can't quite put my finger on it. Something just doesn't add up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aters

Any of those games have like, complicated leveling systems, skill trees, stuff like that?

Berseria's leveling system is pretty straight forward.
I'd say Trails combat system only becomes interesting in SC, in 3rd it's very compelling. You need to manage some stuff.
Can't comment on Atelier.

Ascheroth

In Trails in the Sky the characters get automatically stronger on level-up. The customization is in setting up the Arts (the 'magic') of your characters, and that allows a lot-of leeway and can be completely changed at any time.

Atelier Sophie's leveling system is very straightforward too, where characters learn new passive skills if you do character events and you can level their skills at one point (You can max everything).
It has however a lot of customization with its crafting system (which is basically 50% of the game and its own minigame-puzzle-thingy) and its awesome.

Ventara

I haven't played Cosmic Star Heroine, but from the others mentioned, not really. At least for leveling. Berseria has a pretty open combo system that allows you to assign what skills to use in a combo and create your own style of combat kinda. Atelier has a really complex alchemy system (but not hard to understand) if you want to get into it, and you will have to for secret bosses and whatnot. Trails FC is pretty standard (still amazing, though). Nier: Automata has a gear system that really allows you to create a character to fit your playstyle (like you can create a character to be full on offensive, or one to cover your weak areas).

Frimaire

Berseria's leveling system is pretty straight forward.
I'd say Trails combat system only becomes interesting in SC, in 3rd it's very compelling. You need to manage some stuff.
Can't comment on Atelier.

In Trails in the Sky the characters get automatically stronger on level-up. The customization is in setting up the Arts (the 'magic') of your characters, and that allows a lot-of leeway and can be completely changed at any time.

Atelier Sophie's leveling system is very straightforward too, where characters learn new passive skills if you do character events and you can level their skills at one point (You can max everything).
It has however a lot of customization with its crafting system (which is basically 50% of the game and its own minigame-puzzle-thingy) and its awesome.

I haven't played Cosmic Star Heroine, but from the others mentioned, not really. At least for leveling. Berseria has a pretty open combo system that allows you to assign what skills to use in a combo and create your own style of combat kinda. Atelier has a really complex alchemy system (but not hard to understand) if you want to get into it, and you will have to for secret bosses and whatnot. Trails FC is pretty standard (still amazing, though). Nier: Automata has a gear system that really allows you to create a character to fit your playstyle (like you can create a character to be full on offensive, or one to cover your weak areas).

Nice, thanks. Sounds like Atelier may be my kind of game.
Steam has Sophie and Firis (which I am assuming is the more recent one, as it's more expensive)
Is one an obvious better choice or anything? I've never played an Atelier game before.

kagamin

So many people buying Nier Automata on steam and I get to at least play it for a couple of weeks for free if not own it forever because of an accident.

Ascheroth

Steam has Sophie and Firis (which I am assuming is the more recent one, as it's more expensive)
Is one an obvious better choice or anything? I've never played an Atelier game before.
Firis is the sequel to Sophie, I'd go with Sophie.
And yes, Sophie is also the better port of the two.

Ventara

One of them was supposedly a bad port (not sure if it was fixed already). I assume it was Firis, since someone above mentioned Sophie being great.

jimboton

Candle and Silence are in the Daedalic Artist Selection Bundle for only 15 EUR along with a bunch of other games I don't know.

Candle looks gorgeous:
ss_dac4f4c2edcd013313c41d29f54a20b565bb2d2d.1920x1080.jpg

And Silence is a huge step up from the Whispered World (you should see it in motion)
ss_6999e7c1af99aacea6f0e7c62afc12841491c7b6.1920x1080.jpg

EDIT: Another game in the bundle also looks pretty decent:
ss_2cec56ae7cbeaf26533165b967b0c5681d8a1b86.1920x1080.jpg

Candle not only looks and sounds gorgeous, it's also one of the best adventure games in recent memory. Would have been my goty last year if not for The Witness.

shockdude

The discovery queue trading cards bug is weird.
Oh well, got my third card and have -1 cards remaining.
Also confirmed that doing a fourth queue doesn't give you any more cards.

Woke up to see in my email... 76 items on my wishlist on sale, hoo boy.

Also an FYI for those interested in that Dead Cells game, its cheaper on Bundle Stars, with red5 discount code applied, it goes for $11.78 compared to the current steam price of $14.44.

Pejo

Ok guys, out of the following Musou, which should I get:

Dragon Quest Heroes 1
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Arslan
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Berserk Band of the Hawk

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason to believe the Black Friday sales on Steam will be better? Or is it usually the same like we have now?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
can someone tell me lots of stuffs about god eater

i've seen videos of it but i still can't quite figure it out

is it like dragon's dogma? monster hunter? something else?
-

It's an anime MH without the weighty combat. I'm not sure but I think there's an actual storyline to go through.

Pixieking

Banned
Åesop;241600671 said:
Is there any reason to believe the Black Friday sales on Steam will be better? Or is it usually the same like we have now?

Well, Black Friday in the US is November, so they'll be better in the sense that some titles will have natural price drops between now and then, so even if the discount is the same, the price will be lower. But beyond that, no reason to think they'll be better.

So can we all agree since the sales went from the day-to-day thing they were before to now that the level of discount has been impaired dramatically?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Also an FYI for those interested in that Dead Cells game, its cheaper on Bundle Stars, with red5 discount code applied, it goes for $11.78 compared to the current steam price of $14.44.

I checked bundlestars, says its sold out. They must have run out of keys.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's an anime MH without the weighty combat. I'm not sure but I think there's an actual storyline to go through.
hmm that sounds kinda cool

i need MORE INFO tho

So can we all agree since the sales went from the day-to-day thing they were before to now that the level of discount has been impaired dramatically?
not until there's numbers on it instead of just anecdotal impressions

if there are comparison numbers i'll believe it, but looking at my wishlist i see about a third at 70% or more, with a healthy number of 60-40%ers so idk it doesn't sound like that to me

people here were complaining about sales being worse long before dailies were removed, to me it just feels like negative bias is affecting ppl who have way too many games and want unreasonable things (like bayonetta at 70% or something)

i'll believe it someone has numbers to back it

Ascheroth

hmm that sounds kinda cool

i need MORE INFO tho
It's an anime as fuck monster hunting game with a strong focus on an anime as fuck storyline with anime as fuck AI companions (the AI is great).
Also featuring anime as fuck weapons that can transform between melee, gun and shield form and literally eat enemies.
It's set in an anime as fuck post-apocalyptic setting with anime as fuck creatures.
Great music too.

If I have the Deluxe edition of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, do I own all of the DLC? Because all of the DLC listed on the game's store page is not listed in Properties > DLC.

Nope, you'll need the season pass, and even then you don't get the time saver packs. Weirdly, other parts of the world get a gold edition which already comes with the season pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom