• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Flame_AC

Continuing on Zeusy.

Do you find it kind of odd that the people you think are scum were the two of the most active people in this thread?

Just look at it:

cabot: 386
Blargonaut: 305
*Splinter: 208
Kyanrute: 193

Wow, your scum list is 3 of the most active people and the fourth one already has enough people pulling for their lynch. Isn't that perfect? You throw in LP cause everyone kinda suspects them and then on Kalor, who knows, maybe it wasn't a mistake in the way you meant and instead you just didn't have a good defense for it.

Zeusy

On italics, I didn't see that cause I started typing the second I saw the post I quoted.

Vote: Zeusy

What I find interesting is that you didn't actually answer any of my questions and instead try to shift the 'scum' on me in an attempt to... I dunno, make me move my focus to someone else? Nope, you've got my attention now.

On the bolded, what changed in the past 15 hours to go from 2 of your top 4 scum, to "questioning them, so I'm not certain". Why would they have been your top scum just a few hours ago and now their not?

On your 'attack' on me, I don't think you see that I'm not actually defending LP/Kyan, just asking you a question. Look at my reads list from late Day 3 as its still reasonably accurate. I'd love to be able to lynch LP for their 'rush' to the 10 post requirement, and Kyan hasn't really been in my camp, nor me in his at all this game. So I'm not defending them, and your sudden defensiveness speaks volumes.

LEL is all I can say, and me questioning anyone would add them to my top scum list, they obviously wouldn't be in my town list. So yeah I still think they may be scum and they are in my top scum list, but I'm not certain. WITH that in mind, they sure as hell are not in my town list.
Also I actually wasn't evening eyeing you, but now you do have my full attention.

Flame_AC

LEL is all I can say, and me questioning anyone would add them to my top scum list, they obviously wouldn't be in my town list. So yeah I still think they may be scum and they are in my top scum list, but I'm not certain. WITH that in mind, they sure as hell are not in my town list.
Also I actually wasn't evening eyeing you, but now you do have my full attention.

I'd be fine thunderdoming with you now if someone had something like that. Your 'LEL' doesn't really help either.

What kind of 'top scum list' is just filled with people you're questioning? Wouldn't that be everyone in the game right now? Also, you're still hedging your bets with your 'may' and 'not certain' so that when/if they die, you can say you weren't sure.

Kalor

Fair enough I suppose. If it wasn't Ri'Orius, who'd be the next train you'd hop on? And what puts Ri' over the edge compared to 2nd place?

Next it might be Sky and I'm not sure who else. People have been talking about Bronx but I need to look over their posts. Ri is ahead because they've consistently had weird votes that seem like the kind scum would make to blend in.

Flame_AC

Splinter is super active the first hours of the day only to usually be afk when the votes matter, and Blarg is kind of the same way. They draw quick attention and then disappear only to return the next day.
If nothing else, lets examine your reasoning for the two people you're more 'sure' of, Splinter and Blarg. Is your best thing for the two of them that they post a lot early on in the phase? Sure, I can agree with you that I'd like to see them both, Blarg especially, around at end of day for vote stuff. What makes you scum read them besides this? Also, yes, post count /=/ post quality.

Flame_AC

So I went back and read everything you posted Zeusy.

Parentheses are your current perspective.

Early on in Day 1, you were asked by (scum) Splinter to pick one person that you would lynch, you choose Blarg. Sure, whatever I guess, Day 1 can be pretty random. However you left that vote on Blarg for the rest of the day instead of staking a claim on one of the two trains. Maybe you were trying to just hideaway from that chaos and stay on Blarg. Regardless, Day 1 by itself isn't a big deal.

Day 2, you didn't do much until finally you come in and:
I'm joining the bandwagon...
Vote: ccs
You join the CCS bandwagon. Literally no explanation and a self-awareness of the fact you were joining it starts to make you look bad and so OceanicAir calls you out:
You should know that joining a bandwagon without much of an announced reason is frowned upon
And then you respond very similarly to how you responded to me asking you questions, by lashing out with a 'threat'.
The reason is ccs has been going back and forth, but now I may be tempted to switch my vote. Seems like your {OA} trying to just Dodge questions now by asking more of them...
Wow. Does the bolded seem familiar to anyone else?
I would like to add why do you seem to be so interested in defending those last two??? Now that in itself is quite suspicious, maybe I gotta over look the people I think are scum...
That's right, the bolded again. I started to ask Zeusy some questions about their reads and very soon after, here's the 'threat' to 'reexamine who Zeusy thinks is scum and maybe change a vote'. This has happened on two distinct occasions with two different people at two different phases of the game. I'd almost think it is a pattern of being afraid/unwilling to answer questions or to have any kind of pressure.

Continue on to the next post for more on the Zeusy / Blarg relationship.

Flame_AC

So, now we're on Day 3. We had a brief diversion on Day 2 as Zeusy went and joined the CCS bandwagon (Yes I votes CCS too, but we're talking Zeusy right now).
vote:Blargonaut
Look at that, still holding onto that harsh Day 1 'read'. Recall that Zeusy was asked on Day 1 just to pick someone who they'd like to lynch, just to have their opinion known, and yet, after the rest of Day 1, Night 1, Day 2, and Night 2, there was no better target? The vote post is completely featureless as well, just like the CCS vote, why are you still on Blarg, Zeusy?

One thing of note I suppose is that

Zeusy

So, now we're on Day 3. We had a brief diversion on Day 2 as Zeusy went and joined the CCS bandwagon (Yes I votes CCS too, but we're talking Zeusy right now).

Look at that, still holding onto that harsh Day 1 'read'. Recall that Zeusy was asked on Day 1 just to pick someone who they'd like to lynch, just to have their opinion known, and yet, after the rest of Day 1, Night 1, Day 2, and Night 2, there was no better target? The vote post is completely featureless as well, just like the CCS vote, why are you still on Blarg, Zeusy?

One thing of note I suppose is that

Funny how you definitely missed mine and Blarg discussion...

Flame_AC

Sorry, it posted when I pressed the space bar...

One thing of note I suppose is that Blarg did ask:

Zeusy what's your Role

Do you know what your Power(s) do

What they're capable of
Now, I don't think anyone really thought much of this Blarg post, I personally did not. Is this what made you take up the only Blarg vote yet again?

I feel like we don't actually have a vote record for you Zeusy, you chose Blarg as your target on Day 1 and have since voted him consistently (I wonder where you Day 4 vote will go, unless maybe you want to make good on your 'threat').

I had the thought that you might actually be a neutral, someone who has a marked target who they need to eliminate, whether that be via lynch or night kill to win the game (plus a survivor quality I guess). It'd line up with your behavior in the game, lashing out at people who ask you questions and your tunneling in on Blarg.

Sure, you can say I'm tunneling in on you now, and that would be 100% correct, but one way or another, I don't think we're on the same team.

Zeusy

Read the rest of my post. :) I accidentally posted before I could finish the link between you and Blarg. Since I know you're around, how do you respond to any of this?

Am impressed with the amount of dedication, only thing that surprises me is how much of it was done in the spur of the moment, maybe you have realized that you messed up and are quickly shifting blame? Not sure but you said it yourself maybe we are not on the same team.

Zeusy

Now, I don't think anyone really thought much of this Blarg post, I personally did not. Is this what made you take up the only Blarg vote yet again?

No one one ever thought of it besides Cabot, who backed me. And for the record yes it was that reason that I voted for him again not because of day 1.

Oh, and you all knew I was gonna ask, so...

How's that gossip chat going, being used, it's active during the night phase at the very least, right? Is your trust growing / what? Also, OA, did you ever give your character name?
Not that active, a bit back and foeth. Waffle seems a bit off to me at times, very stiff in her speech. I still don't get the use of role names though. Zeusy is pretty consistent in both the game and gossip threads so I'm a bit better on him

Flame_AC

Am impressed with the amount of dedication, only thing that surprises me is how much of it was done in the spur of the moment, maybe you have realized that you messed up and are quickly shifting blame? Not sure but you said it yourself maybe we are not on the same team.

How bout you answer this: Do you think it is convenient that your top scum team were 3 of the 4 most prolific / high quantity posters in the game?

Also yes, this is somewhat spur of the moment, but you're post 2245 is what set me off.

Let's continue the back and forth so we can understand each other, if you're town then there's no reason not to engage here. Worst/Best case, we're both town and we get to know each other a little better. If I'm scum and you can trip me up / convince others by this exchange, then great, same for me convincing the others about your neutral/scummness.

Flame_AC

No one one ever thought of it besides Cabot, who backed me. And for the record yes it was that reason that I voted for him again not because of day 1.
Okay, I feel like you should have used that as a reason in your top scum post then to say that that was why Blarg was in it. You say that cabot joined you, how exactly did he do that? He certainly didn't join the vote with you. I view Blarg asking for your role info as a fluff/joke post. Who would you vote for today? Me? Blarg for the third time?
Not that active, a bit back and foeth. Waffle seems a bit off to me at times, very stiff in her speech. I still don't get the use of role names though. Zeusy is pretty consistent in both the game and gossip threads so I'm a bit better on him
You can sate my curiosity on the role names? If you really don't want to, then fine, but it won't stop me from doing a daily check-in about that gossip chat/role info.

Zeusy

Okay, I feel like you should have used that as a reason in your top scum post then to say that that was why Blarg was in it. You say that cabot joined you, how exactly did he do that? He certainly didn't join the vote with you. I view Blarg asking for your role info as a fluff/joke post. Who would you vote for today? Me? Blarg for the third time?

Blarg didn't go much into it because he himself said he had to leave. So can't say what he was really thinking.

Flame_AC

Blarg didn't go much into it because he himself said he had to leave. So can't say what he was really thinking.
So you say this, in response to all of these questions? You responded to the below bolded, not even a question, and didn't go for any of the more interesting things. Why?
You say that cabot joined you, how exactly did he do that? He certainly didn't join the vote with you. I view Blarg asking for your role info as a fluff/joke post. Who would you vote for today? Me? Blarg for the third time?

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ri'Orius (2)
Flame_AC 2143 2250
Swamped 2168
Kalor 2237

Swamped (2)
cabot 2134
Zippedpinhead 2208

Zeusy (1)
Flame_AC 2250

Lone_Prodigy (1)
SkyOdin 2138

WaffleTaco (1)
Bronx-Man 2203

Kyanrute (1)
Ri'Orius 2139

cabot (1)
*Splinter 2156

No active vote for Day 4: Blargonaut, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, WaffleTaco, Zeusy

Day 4 Postcount: *Splinter 16, Blargonaut 0, Bronx-Man 7, cabot 33, Flame_AC 28, Kalor 5, Kyanrute 12, Lone_Prodigy 2, OceanicAir 2, Ri'Orius 3, SkyOdin 9, Swamped 4, WaffleTaco 4, Zeusy 14, Zippedpinhead 4

Day 4 ends:
pin_1503093600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Zeusy

Cabot didn't go much into it because he himself said he had to leave. So can't say what he was really thinking.

Cabot agreed with me, on blarg but left the thread. So that whole questioning was just swept under the rug and no one flinched an eye on him cuz "blarg being blarg" ideology, which may work for all the past players, but I do not buy it. Ever since then he hasn't even brought that whole situation up.

As for blarg "bluffing" I call bull. As for who I'd vote for now? The obvious answer would be you, but that'd be irrational and predictable. In other words time will tell.

Flame_AC

Cabot agreed with me, on blarg but left the thread. So that whole questioning was just swept under the rug and no one flinched an eye on him cuz "blarg being blarg" ideology, which may work for all the past players, but I do not buy it. Ever since then he hasn't even brought that whole situation up.

As for blarg "bluffing" I call bull. As for who I'd vote for now? The obvious answer would be you, but that'd be irrational and predictable. In other words time will tell.

Okay, that makes more sense, thanks. I agree that we can let a bit much slide by with Blarg. To be his defender in this situation, I feel like while you see it as a "situation", it was just a 'fun' post from him and there's no point in addressing it. Perhaps you could think of it like the WaffleTaco vote on issacnukem which was just: "Are you scum"... "Yes"... "Vote". Of course issacnukem turned out not to be town because sometimes posts can be fluffy/fun/joke and that's what I feel like Blarg was doing. Does that help? I'm trying.

Is that all that has you scum reading Blarg, his request for role claim? Why'd you pick him on Day 1 then?

As far as your voting is concerned, you and I both feel like we aren't on the same team, so it'd only be natural to vote for me. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, others might though.

Zeusy

Okay, that makes more sense, thanks. I agree that we can let a bit much slide by with Blarg. To be his defender in this situation, I feel like while you see it as a "situation", it was just a 'fun' post from him and there's no point in addressing it. Perhaps you could think of it like the WaffleTaco vote on issacnukem which was just: "Are you scum"... "Yes"... "Vote". Of course issacnukem turned out not to be town because sometimes posts can be fluffy/fun/joke and that's what I feel like Blarg was doing. Does that help? I'm trying.

Is that all that has you scum reading Blarg, his request for role claim? Why'd you pick him on Day 1 then?

As far as your voting is concerned, you and I both feel like we aren't on the same team, so it'd only be natural to vote for me. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing, others might though.

If I remember correctly I just voted for him d1 cuz he had voted for me but then unvoted. I just forgot to change mine.

Where is blargonaut?

I don't see what zuesy sees. I think of top four posters maybe 1 is scum, but odds are they are all town.

Ri'Orious, Bronx-man, flame_AC and skyodin kind of slot into that "we meet the minimums but aren't major posters", where scum tends to fit one or two of their people (usually$

Then there are the low posters, (which is where I am this game). Scum tends to be here as well.

I think Zuesy is getting confirmation bias, because the top posters have more posts, they have more scrutiny. So one screw up or weird post can drastically influence a person skimming the thread (as opposed to deep diving it).

My top scum reads (at the moment) are swamped, skyodin, and waffletaco. I have posted why I think that about swamped, which is why she is my vote and top scum for the day.

Flame_AC

Will catch up in a bit, but maybe it looks likely like Town will get a victory today.
What do you think of Zipped thinking you're scum?

Ri'Orious, Bronx-man, flame_AC and skyodin kind of slot into that "we meet the minimums but aren't major posters", where scum tends to fit one or two of their people (usually$
Well, at least today I did more than a little over the minimum. Any feelings on my thoughts concerning Zeusy?

cabot

If scum want to kill you, they will just night-kill you, I imagine.

I agree with that assessment. I just disagree with cabot's assumption that the mafia team's principle goal yesterday was to lynch him.

I mean I've claimed commuter, which means two things

1) There's no threat from me at night for scum
2) There's a chance scum could try to NK me and miss.

Did you forget that part. There's a genuine reason for scum to push a lynch over a NK on me.

cabot

What am I agreeing with?

Is it the post where I was annoyed about Blarg asking someone for their power and no one saying anything?

I mean its scummy but the point was it's not a scumtell for Blarg. I was frustrated that he can do that and we can't read it as anything.

cabot

To clarify, I have generally read you as town, thanks to your activity and so forth. However, those moments that seem insincere make me second guess that, which makes you more of a null read. To be frank I am not convinced that you are town. There are people I think are scummier, who have not recieved as much attention from town that I am trying to shine a light on and generate discussion about. But you are in the range that I wouldn't oppose a lynch against you, even if I will not push it.

No one should be convinced, because no one has claimed to have checked my alignment. You swoosh between multiple soft stances in this single post, enough to make me question you. For the bolded, look at this:

DAY 3 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

cabot (5)
Blargonaut 1733 1791
Kyanrute 1747 1889
Blargonaut 1919 2048
*Splinter 2044
Swamped 2051
Ri'Orius 2085 2106
Kawl_USC 2090 2102
isaacnukem 2091
Kyanrute 2099
Kawl_USC 2114

Lone_Prodigy (1)
SkyOdin 2062

Notice you were out of both wagons?

There's a wealth of information to work with from my flip, including being able to judge the intent and motivations of all my posts, being able to re-read Splinter and Blarg based on their strong push for me, and re-read most people who have been involved in discussions with me.

From a neutral view, my lynch would give everyone something to bite on.

You now say you wouldn't be against my lynch, but your vote was set on no man's land on LP for...activity:

For now though:

Vote: Lone Prodigy

I have noticed that your "post only ten posts each day" plan is still in effect, LP. Your response to my accusation at the end of day 3 were evasive at best, too.

It seems this is a scumtell to you, but its never really clarified.

I figure this is a 'I'll change vote later close to deadline but I wasnt available' effort, but...

Can't people put down their votes earlier so we can actually discuss things?

here you are, 16 minutes from deadline, able to influence either wagon.

All your posts today regarding me are very full of shade, but only half measured. It's like you want to lynch me, but are afraid of going all in.

I want to lynch you. Time to go all in

VOTE: SkyOdin

cabot

Also I've just remembered something:

To clarify, I have generally read you as town, thanks to your activity and so forth. However, those moments that seem insincere make me second guess that, which makes you more of a null read. To be frank I am not convinced that you are town.

This is an especially curious towntell for me, considering you were in Anime, where I was scum and one of the top posters.

What do you think of Zipped thinking you're scum?

Well, at least today I did more than a little over the minimum. Any feelings on my thoughts concerning Zeusy?

In the post you quoted, I mentioned I think zuesy has confirmation bias, which leads me to believe he is more town than anything. Scum knows who scum is.

whats up with sky and waffle, why do you scumread them?

Waffletaco is part of the gossip and not really contributing. This blows my mind, so it leads me to believe that he might have more than two forums to post in. B

Skyodin just rubs me the wrong way. Seems to be in the middle of things but It just rubs me wrong

cabot

Looking at Ri's post now. There's a lot of words but almost no hard stances or strong opinions:

Some people may honestly believe their "scumreads." Some may be using them as tools for pressure, manipulation, or to conceal the true source of their information.

I don't. I don't know what's going on. Cabot could be a hardworking, prolific townie (understandably wrong in some of his conclusions), or he could be a clever scum manipulating us into lynching our friends. isaac could've been a scum laying low, trying not to attract suspicion; turns out he was just a quiet town without much to say.

I don't believe in scumreads. I believe in strategy and vote patterns, but those are tough when we've had a TvT, a neutral dogpile, and now a Tv?. I'm tempted to lynch cabot just because if he flips scum we can make some deductions based on yesterday's votes, but I don't think he's any more likely to be scum than the mean, and I think Kyan is somewhat more likely than the mean.

cabot could be anything, isaac could be anything but turned out town. Also 'lynching our friends?' That's one way to say something.

For your next point, there's more than enough from the votes to at least come up with some theories.

Neutral dogpile will have scum on it. TvT will probably have scum split across, maybe an outlier. Tv? depends on how you read the context of the switch at the very end of the day and your guess at my alignment.

like you can say you believe in patterns over reads, but to say that then say 'well actually there's nothing really useful there so far' without giving any hot takes seems a waste of everyones time.

Like even Kyan's your main vote and it just feels like 'eh, could be.' You're mentioning means and it just feels like you don't really care what happens.

If CCS pointed you at AB, it makes his decision to out himself way smarter. He can loudly proclaim his allegiance to Town while keeping mum and thus silently displaying his obedience to Scum. It's the perfect neutral play.

And now that we've seen exactly one night kill, which seems to have been directed in a Town-friendly way, and nobody's owning up to it? What else makes sense? Worst serial killer ever, another vig with a slow trigger finger, a JOAT?

Neutral speculation, not really worthwhile dwelling on this at this point.

I say we bandwagon on Kyan. Whoever's responsible for that N1 kill is vaguely Town-aligned, so presumably they'd out themselves and we can change wagons.

Well you made your case so strongly.

*tut* *tsk* eh. Whatever. Killkyanorsummit...maybe.

With added desire for role fishing.

To be clear: I was never dedicated to either wagon, but I wholeheartedly believe someone had to die. And I'm paranoid about scum pulling a last-minute tie vote, which is readily accessible in 7-to-5. Plus seeing people follow me onto cabot put me on edge: thought it could've been the scum team coming to isaac's rescue. Turns out it wasn't.

Ri'Orious: never dedicated, but loves death.

Your reason for your panic on me is odd, when you've described there was a lot of info coming from my lynch. I don't believe it personally.

Ri or Sky...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Yeah but when the other person in question was myself, and I am Town, it makes less sense why isaac happened.

Think about this as a scum, you've got a guy that claimed commuter which means you can't be sure that if you NK him, he will die. Only other alternative is to push the lynch.

Why would you then switch from the commuter target to another Town who hasn't claimed and can probably be NK'd. What's the benefit of a scum doing that.
You make a good point, maybe that thinking process was madness indeed.

Didn't see this before my post, it answers my first question but I'd still like to know who (if anyone) you would be against voting out today.
Against? Probably no one if the town wants it bad enough, however there are people are more likely to vote for and I don't have as much evidence against, just more of a gut feeling (and yes I know that's a bad idea).

*Splinter

You make a good point, maybe that thinking process was madness indeed.

Against? Probably no one if the town wants it bad enough, however there are people are more likely to vote for and I don't have as much evidence against, just more of a gut feeling (and yes I know that's a bad idea).
It's not, to be honest :p

Who do you have in mind?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
VOTE: WaffleTaco

Letting a joke vote on Isaac just ride because you couldn't scumread anyone else seems really really suspect.
This seems like really odd reason to choose me out of everyone, especially considering after I said I thought you might be scum.
My biggest guess on what our scum team is: Swamped, Waffle, Zipped, & Ri.

Also, where's Blarg?
Usually people have my name flipped with yours when discussing scum teams as well

Swamped

Banned
Will catch up in a bit, but maybe it looks likely like Town will get a victory today.

Thinks scum will get voted out, doesn't offer any of her own reads.

So you'd say you were swamped with your classes?

XD

Swamped, how do you feel about the push by a few of our fellow players that you are scum? Misguided? What do you say to their reasoning?

Well, I've tried answering their points as best I can. I haven't done anything to intentionally obfuscate my reads. I do feel that the points that cabot and Zipped made are really weak, and that itself influences my reads on them.

Swamped

Banned
I want to say Flame is town. His recent questioning of Zeusy feels town-like. And I can't imagine a mafia openly asking for people's role names/flavors. The possibility does exist that he is a neutral looking for a particular person, but I'm not sure if this ham-fisted way would be the best way to go about it. So leaning town on Flame.

I do think it's weird that OA isn't giving up his name? What's there to lose, we already know what his role is, it's been confirmed by two other players too.

Swamped

Banned
make up your mind, fiance!

is it good or bad to talk fluff names?

Ah yes, you did bring this up before. Weird vibes didn't mean scum vibes in that case. I think Flame is a PR, but whether he is a useful one remains to be seen.

I think if the role is out in the open, there isn't a downside to sharing your name if it might help. I'm leaning towards trusting Flame on this, because he has been pretty open about it.

Although, thinking about it some more...in anime mafia, I was a harem recruiter, a neutral (I know you were there fiance but others weren't, hence the recap). I could only recruit females. So knowing the names of players really helped in my case. The main difference is that so far in this game, nobody has claimed to have been recruited, so Flame probably isn't a neutral recruiter.

I want to say Flame is town. His recent questioning of Zeusy feels town-like. And I can't imagine a mafia openly asking for people's role names/flavors. The possibility does exist that he is a neutral looking for a particular person, but I'm not sure if this ham-fisted way would be the best way to go about it. So leaning town on Flame.

I do think it's weird that OA isn't giving up his name? What's there to lose, we already know what his role is, it's been confirmed by two other players too.
I could easily see a mafia member ask such questions since it is innocent enough. He doesn't seem to be getting any heat through it so it's not an ineffective or harmful tactic for him.

But really what's there to gain? It's fluffy talk that has absolutely nothing to do with who should be lynched. Town really doesn't gain from such questions. If you believe I'm a gossip, isn't that enough?

cabot

I could easily see a mafia member ask such questions since it is innocent enough. He doesn't seem to be getting any heat through it so it's not an ineffective or harmful tactic for him.

But really what's there to gain? It's fluffy talk that has absolutely nothing to do with who should be lynched. Town really doesn't gain from such questions. If you believe I'm a gossip, isn't that enough?

I believe in you OA.

Tell me who to lynch, right now and I'll do my best.

Top Bottom