• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

Odrion

Banned
You take your time,
Please take your time.
I take my time,
I take my time,
You take your time,
Just take your time,
I take my time.

bishoptl said:
And y'all wonder why ******* is still on the banned list

Bish, is it ok if I go out of my empty gourd and give a big **** YOU to *******?

Snark and sass are funny on message boards; not so much on pseudo-news blogs. Oh no, will I be accused of being an IGN staffer now? Quote it *******. Do your best to be irreverent.

BTW, are you trying to steal my Pokemans Hi-Def DVDs?

nofi

Banned site said:
Like a little girl struggling to keep her favorite doll out of the garage sale bin, David Jaffe is returning to the world of Calling All Cars to make some fixes and revise some of the criticisms the title received via reviews, even after announcing that the title has gone gold, according to a post he left on the NeoGAF forums. The title, therefore, has been delayed for an unspecified time.

Crikey, those guys really are wankers. Is it not possible to ban IP addresses of anyone 'working' at that self-inflated blog and stop them stealing their 'news' from GAF? :D

spwolf

nofilter said:
Crikey, those guys really are wankers. Is it not possible to ban IP addresses of anyone 'working' at that self-inflated blog and stop them stealing their 'news' from GAF? :D

they are so bad that even kraptaku is better than them

Yixian

Banned
Hey at least we know what's going on behind the delay, it's not a Ubisoft style "4 month delay for a still sub-standard port", the criticisms for CaC are being ironed out and once finished, we'll get it - and we've been kept abreast the whole time.

You can't really complain about that.

Besides, it was a high scoring game in the first place - the few problems it did have, if ironed out, will benefit the PSN over XBLA yet more.

And who knows, maybe the US release date will sync up with the EU one now..... pfff lol yeah right, that was a good one Yixian *slaps knee*...

Goldrusher

davidjaffe said:
Sorry.

David

applause.gif

So what is the deal with the game?
Is he saying that it still could come out tomorrow if Q/A goes well? Or is it definitely not this week?

kuYuri

Well, I'm just going to guess we'll see more game trailers this Thursday for the PSN, in addition to Gauntlet and hopefully Super Rub a Dub.

PS360

Banned
Emowii said:
Ok, so Jaffe came into the thread and explained the situation. Cool.

Does everyone really need to lick the guy's balls afterwards? Geeze. In the end we're still the customers, and he's asking us to spend $10 on his game. No need to kiss his ass up and down for simply replying on a board to explain why his game has been delayed 2 months.

Maybe you're just mad that nobody wants to lick your balls...?

IT IS ON!!! GUANTLET WAR BITCHES. If you aren't on my PNS freinds list and want to play it, don't forget to send me a message tomorrow. I'm off work and willing be playing the bejezus out of it asap.
edit: wow talking about missing the point, I just saw that. Thanks Dave, it happens and you don't really need to say anything. MOST of are gratful you actually take the time to. If true I plan on snagging a bobblehead, hone your skills : )

jjasper

distantmantra said:
Spider Man 3 movie trailer
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Blu Ray trailer

I am willing to bet those show up on the US store today as well.

I think I actually might pick up Gauntlet 2, does it support voice chat though cause if not then I think I will pass.

robot

Didnt want to start a new thread for this - but how hard is it creating a JPN account for the Sony Store? I wanted to DL the Hot Shots Demo - just got the system last night.

I3rand0

Something I just noticed on the Euro store, they've had the RR 7 decals since March and last week got all the URFA events. Not like anyone in NA wants these, **** you Scamco.

Ragnarok10

robot said:
Didnt want to start a new thread for this - but how hard is it creating a JPN account for the Sony Store? I wanted to DL the Hot Shots Demo - just got the system last night.
Easy, I simply made up all the address info on the spot. All you need is an email address and 5 min. I recommend the Honk Kong store because the registration is in English and you should still get nearly everything that the JPN store has.

Jim

Here ya go:

Told ya :) Gauntlet II and Rub'a'dub

Classic Gaming for PS3 Hits PLAYSTATION Store This Week

The vintage days of gaming return Thursday as Sony Computer Entertainment America will offer ten classic PlayStation titles on the PLAYSTATION Store for download and play on PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) system. Other new additions to the PLAYSTATION Store this week includes Super Rub a Dub and Gauntlet II, which are downloadable in their entirety.

Below are the details of these exciting new offerings:

PlayStation titles for PS3 ($5.99): PlayStation favorites are reborn on the PS3! Download PlayStation format software from the PLAYSTATION Store and play at home on your PS3 and on the go with the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system. Experience classic gameplay all over again with the following titles: 2Xtreme, Crash Bandicoot, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto, Jumping Flash, MediEvil, Rally Cross, Syphon Filter, Tekken 2 and WipeOut. Consumers who have already purchased these titles for their PSP system may download it to their PS3 at no additional charge.

Super Rub a Dub Starter Pack & Full Game (free/$6.99): Amusing and vibrant, Super Rub a Dub brings rubber ducklings to life. Utilizing the SIXAXIS wireless controller motion sensors, guide your ducklings in colorful water-filled tubs to clear each stage safely away from sharks.

Gauntlet II Full Game ($4.99): Play as the Warrior, Valkyrie, Elf, or Wizard and enter a dungeon with over one hundred levels, as you defeat wave after wave of enemies. Destroy them to clear the level and find your way to the exit!

Super Stardust HD Trailer (free): With five highly detailed 3D planets to save, hordes of enemies and asteroids to destroy, and various game play modes, Super Stardust HD presents super intense action.

Rampart Trailer (free): Get a sneak peak at this arcade classic in advance of its re-release on the PLAYSTATION Store.

BlackSite Area 51 Trailer (free): BlackSite: Area 51 is a next-generation game that will redefine the first person shooter (FPS) genre using its integrated cutting-edge technology, game design, and unique story-writing.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Movie Trailer (free): Catch the trailer for the next chapter in the popular franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Good that they're covering all of the existing PSOne-PSP releases so far with PS3 compatible versions.

mrpogi23

Remy said:
A PR for CaC just went up on 3Speech. No release date, makes it sound like it's already up.

Er, is anyone seeing it in the store?

maybe its a surprise? i dunno, we'll have to wait till afternoon if it happens...

sony probably knows how many have been disappointed by the delays, if a miracle happens, they could do it last min. but i doubt it..

jjasper

Good update I might pick up jumping flash (is it as good as I remember?) and wipeout.

Also suprised there isn't a Spiderman 3 video (or is there already one on there I am just forgetting?)

Also doesn anyone know if Gauntlet 2 has voice chat?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Finally..guess I'll get around to actually playing those PSone games I bought :p

May well add Wipeout and Jet Moto and Jumping Flash too!

Keep 'em coming Sony, please..

Chris_C

Can't believe they're charging $7 for Super Rub A Dub, haven't they SEEN the negative press the game's getting? Add to that the fact that it's almost the same price as Gripshift and Calling all Cars... well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Please there be tunnel section in SSD HD trailer

Or at least in the game itself....

kaleii

*unnnhhh* I neeeeeed Jet Moto... Damn european store!!! GIVE ME JET MOTO!

Ah well, I'm sure they'll start releasing PSone-games on the euro store soon.. I hope so anyway.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
JB1981 said:
it's all up already guys
I'm at work, get the SSD trailer and tell me if the tunnel section is there please!

Chris_C said:
Can't believe they're charging $7 for Super Rub A Dub, haven't they SEEN the negative press the game's getting? Add to that the fact that it's almost the same price as Gripshift and Calling all Cars... well.
Why not, it's a nice little distraction, and I think the levels in the preview/review copy were worse than the final game. I actually like it better than Gripshift (runs away)

Bebpo

Banned
WOOHOO MORE PS1 on PS3
HOT HOT HOT!!!
I will be playing some CRASH BANDICOOT tonight on my PS3 :D!

Tempted to buy Wipeout and Jet Moto...

Also it's pretty wierd that US Jumping Flash is working on PS3, but JPN/HK one is not. I bought it off the HK store :(

Souther

Banned
This is one of the best updates for the PS store yet! I'm looking forward to seeing SuperStarDust trailer. Hopefully they end up releasing Arc the Lad here aswell. Maybe next week?

Hmmm I'm guessing that the PS1 games aren't going to be displayed at 720p or 1080i. hopefully within the next 6months that will be implemented. But 480p is still decent.

Any word on how Gauntlet II displays? Is it the same as Mortal Kombat II?

Jim

jjasper said:
Good update I might pick up jumping flash (is it as good as I remember?) and wipeout.

Also suprised there isn't a Spiderman 3 video (or is there already one on there I am just forgetting?)

Also doesn anyone know if Gauntlet 2 has voice chat?

Spider-man 3 is already there.

BTW, the official PS Store site actually has a web version, here:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Store#tab=trailers&p1=1&p2=1&p3=1
Shows all live content.

Gauntlet II doesn't have voice chat. It's just like MKII.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Crash Bandicoot
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto
Jumping Flash
Tekken 2
WipeOut.
Super Rub a Dub
Gauntlet II

My credit card is going to take an asswhupping tonight, but it's all worth it. :D

Top Bottom