• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

Jim

beermonkey@tehbias said:
What the f***. Midway doesn't get it. I was totally ambivalent that PS3 got an exclusive on Rampart, but now I'm pissed.

It's a cheapo, low budget port for $4.99... you're lucky it even has online play.

jjasper said:
how are you supposed to play it? I haven't played it in a while but isn't it very co op based?

You're all on the screen at the same time, shouldn't be too difficult. It's not Counterstrike or anything.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I guess next week they'll add Coolboarders and HotShots 2 to bring the previous releases in line, and hopefully they'll add a few more in too. I just hope they consistently add a few new games every week..would be sweet.

jjasper said:
how are you supposed to play it? I haven't played it in a while but isn't it very co op based?

It's a very social co-op game. It's a blast playing it while you BS with your friends (see Gauntlet I for XBLA). Having it online without voice just makes no sense.

Jim said:
It's a cheapo, low budget port for $4.99... you're lucky it even has online play.

All these Midway/DE games have online and voice on the 360 (for 5 bucks), so I really wouldn't expect less.

JB1981

yo, will full HD 1080p files playback at 1080i? The pirates trailer is available only in 1080p or SD and I don't have a 1080p set.

sk3tch

JB1981 said:
yo, will full HD 1080p files playback at 1080i? The pirates trailer is available only in 1080p or SD and I don't have a 1080p set.

Yes. I have my TV set to 480p (it'll do 1080i but it's only 27") and I always download the highest def files.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
JB1981 said:
Yes, they will play in 1080i or 720p.

Now award me with answering my SSD question.

*edit* damn, too late.

Mrbob

PS1 on PS3 is finally here! And at only 6 bucks a pop too! Sweet.

I hope we get multiple PS1 titles each week. The PS1 section should be like itunes. Get everything up and let us pick and choose what games we want.

jjasper

beermonkey@tehbias said:
It's a very social co-op game. It's a blast playing it while you BS with your friends (see Gauntlet I for XBLA). Having it online without voice just makes no sense.

All these Midway/DE games have online and voice on the 360 (for 5 bucks), so I really wouldn't expect less.

That's what I though, and I was actually looking forward to it for that very reason.

Its SOE doing the port. Figures it sucks

Mrbob

When are these mythical Playstation Cards coming out?

I really don't want to give Sony my credit card number.

Jim

jjasper said:
That's what I though, and I was actually looking forward to it for that very reason.

Its SOE doing the port. Figures it sucks

It's still ported by Digital Eclispe, same that did the Xbox 360 versions. But with the lazy-ass SOE being the publisher, it is their fault for sure.

Mrbob said:
When are these mythical Playstation Cards coming out?

I really don't want to give Sony my credit card number.

What's the worst that can happen? I have no prob leaving my CC info in my XBL or PSN profiles. On the very, very rare instance that they occur, fraudulent charges are never an issue, the CC companies handle them.

jjasper

Jim said:
It's still ported by Digital Eclispe, same that did the Xbox 360 versions. But with the lazy-ass SOE being the publisher, it is their fault for sure.

Well yeah that works I knew SOE was behind it somehow

I actually didn't mind MKII not having voice chat cause I suck and would rather not have some guy tell me how much I suck as he kicks my ass, but G2 is not complete without it.

Also did Jumping Flash age well or not?

The Jer

gofreak said:
I guess next week they'll add Coolboarders and HotShots 2 to bring the previous releases in line, and hopefully they'll add a few more in too. I just hope they consistently add a few new games every week..would be sweet.

Sweet.
I was playing some Cool Boarders 2 and 3 last night.

CCOoooooooooollllllBBBOOardersss.

Awesome game.

JB1981

holy shit my downloads are blazing fast today
just downloaded two ps1 games and a demo in less than 20 minutes

Ranger X

Oh man. These PS1 games remembered be how much i would give to have a new Jumping Flash...

Imagine it on the PS3 now with kickass graphics. oh. my. god.

The Jer

Consumers who have already purchased these titles for their PSP system may download it to their PS3 at no additional charge.

Not a PSP owner, but this is good to see. How it should be.

Kittonwy

Banned
bishoptl said:
Crash Bandicoot
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto
Jumping Flash
Tekken 2
WipeOut.
Super Rub a Dub
Gauntlet II

My credit card is going to take an asswhupping tonight, but it's all worth it. :D

Zeus is happy I see.
gladtomeetya.gif

kuYuri

Nice. I'm definitely getting Crash Bandicoot. I'm actually surprised Sony released the PS3/PSP fix so quick, but that's a good thing of course.

Let's hope we see a steadier stream of PS1 games.

AntMurda

Does SONY allow you to chat with friends independently while the game runs? Like XBOX 360 allows you to?

If not then we need that in a future firmware upgrade.

jjasper

Bebpo said:
It did. Still plays pretty well and fun.

Awesome I am pretty pumped about the idea of playing a game at home on the PS3 and then taking it on the road with the PSP.

Also with this I will finally admit that the VC is overpriced

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
well

i'll DL Super Stardust, have'nt seen it in motion yet, aaaaaannnnd......wait for Calling All Cars

hey was Syphon Filter any good?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bebpo said:
You should. It's a timeless classic.

Alrighty, I trust ya. :)

By the way...because I know Sony reads NeoGAF...the next firmware absolutely needs to include custom folder support! I'd love to seperate my games into "Classics" "Demos" and "Full Games".

Never played Wipeout before. Worth the money? Also, never played Syphon Filter either but I remember it looking cool. Suggestions!

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Note to Sony: Release Legend of Dragoon on PSN NOW. Thank you.

I'm really digging the Super Stardust HD trailer, the game looks hot.

Now the question is, Crash Bandicoot or WipEout.? hmm...

LJ11

brandonh83 said:
Never played Wipeout before. Worth the money? Also, never played Syphon Filter either but I remember it looking cool. Suggestions!

Great games at the time, but I'm not sure how they've aged. I'll be purchasing them later today, I'll post impressions. These game are all 480p right?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
gofreak said:
They're both there, as far as I can see...did you previously download them for the PSP? If so, you won't see them on the main store interface and have to go to your Download List instead.

LJ11 said:
Great games at the time, but I'm not sure how they've aged. I'll be purchasing them later today, I'll post impressions. These game are all 480p right?

Thanks, I look forward to what you think. Thing is, it's cheap, but I'm having to be anal about my cash because I'm about to plop down $70 :lol for the Spider-man 3 CE and I've already spent over $20 on tickets for the movie tonight. That is RAPE to a poor college student like me. Still, I could probably spare another $6 on an old game if it's good enough.

Bebpo

Banned
kaching said:
They're both there, as far as I can see...
did you previously download them for the PSP?
If so, you won't see them on the main store interface and have to go to your Download List instead.

If so, you won't see them on the main store interface and have to go to your Download List instead.

This needs to be quoted as I had the same problem with Marl Kingdom on the HK store.

This is really bad store design and soooo many people will never find the games they've already bought.

kaching said:
They're both there, as far as I can see...did you previously download them for the PSP? If so, you won't see them on the main store interface and have to go to your Download List instead.

They are not for PS3 though. It says which are for PS3 and which are for PSP, and these titles are not.

jjasper

brandonh83 said:
Thanks, I look forward to what you think. Thing is, it's cheap, but I'm having to be anal about my cash because I'm about to plop down $70 :lol for the Spider-man 3 CE and I've already spent over $20 on tickets for the movie tonight. That is RAPE to a poor college student like me. Still, I could probably spare another $6 on an old game if it's good enough.

brandonh83 said:
I'm getting this, but $70 for the PS3 special edition? **** that :lol

:lol what happened?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I just motioned to my shelf to pick up my Sixaxis...and I was grabbing and there was nothing there. And I looked up and my PS3, 360, and Wii are gone.

...and I forgot I moved them all home from my dorm room last Monday :lol

Ranger X

chubigans said:
Awesome awesome awesome awesome.

Hey, what's the word on Jumping Flash? Never played it, should I?

Jumping Flash is awesome. You might need some 10-15 minutes with the game to get over the graphic age but after you get over it it's very nice.
I remember that game as the first 3D platformer, before Mario64. You can image how much drool we had with the game at that point. The game is still nice and quite linear in nature. The soundtrack is great too.

Post back your impressions, i'm curious to see how it is for someone who never played it back then.

Oni Jazar

I really hope Sony does with the PS1 releases what Nintendo does with VC. A large number of titles every week with an ever growing library of PS1 titles. By the end of the year all the really big titles should be up.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
In the name of everything that is Holy, Sony please release any of these next week Wild Arms, Lunar SSS, Alundra, Grandia, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Gran Turismo 2, Klonoa or any Square enix game (specially Xenogears)

I'll let my PS3 burn the shiat out of my 360 in my cabinet if you do! I promise I'll even blog about it.

jjasper said:
:lol what happened?

I said that when I wasn't very interested in the New Goblin being playable but after I saw some videos it looks pretty sweet, and I'm already going to spend $60 on it so I just figure why not another $10... plus since that happened I've sold some college books for a lot of cash and I have a $20 gift card for the store I go to.

but in all reality I'm simply a consumer whore

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I just motioned to my shelf to pick up my Sixaxis...and I was grabbing and there was nothing there. And I looked up and my PS3, 360, and Wii are gone.

...and I forgot I moved them all home from my dorm room last Monday :lol

:lol I'm actually taking all my systems home tomorrow.

Top Bottom