• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Tom Nook

https://t.co/JdK4uWb382 SI says Rey's entertaining offers from GFW and WWE

Wouldn't look too much into the WWE side, they're still very much on the "if we have you we want to use you" kick they were when he left, and he's still very much "my knees are fucked and I don't want to work 17 shows a month on them" which he was when he left. All signs point to him going GFW, and Konnan having more power/friends

Makes sense for Rey going to GFW, being the new leader of LAX or something.

Doesn't explain Yoshitatsu, but I think New Japan is looking for any excuse to get rid of him. Sending him to Mexico, sending him to AJPW, etc.

He's freelance now, but they'll probably always have a place for him - either in the dojo like Captain, or in the office like Wataru. Obviously not as a commentator though haha, he's no Milano.

...there are people who don't know Dragonball is based on Journey to the West?

Well damn.

I know next to nothing about Dragon Ball, tbh. I liked Fist of the North Star better :p

https://t.co/JdK4uWb382 SI says Rey's entertaining offers from GFW and WWE

Wouldn't look too much into the WWE side, they're still very much on the "if we have you we want to use you" kick they were when he left, and he's still very much "my knees are fucked and I don't want to work 17 shows a month on them" which he was when he left. All signs point to him going GFW, and Konnan having more power/friends

What would Rey add in 2017 anyway.

Spuck-uk

Banned
He's freelance now, but they'll probably always have a place for him - either in the dojo like Captain, or in the office like Wataru. Obviously not as a commentator though haha, he's no Milano.

I know next to nothing about Dragon Ball, tbh. I liked Fist of the North Star better :p

I have never watched an episode of Dragonball, and even then I knew where it had to be coming from with 'Goku' as a main character.

klonere

Banned
As cool as the Kojima/Suwama match is, sending Yoshitatsu to AJPW is really shitty. I really hope this isn't a NOAH/NJPW situation D:

Oersted

...there are people who don't know Dragonball is based on Journey to the West?

Well damn.

People have their education from moving pictures and comics. Not that surprising. Noone knows Alladin is from China, murders the wizard and his brother and that the whole thing is written by a french dude.

John Cena, is that you.

@luchablog
more on AAA/Taya situation from today's Wrestling Observer Radio
DE8VHqNWAAICas9.jpg

lmfao Carny Wrestling Promotion of the Year 2017 locked up already

korly

I woke up late today and only got to watch ZSJ vs Tana and Naito vs Ibushi. Anything worth going back to watch after I get home tonight?

1 minute in and I'm already howling. LOVE me a good Bret Shitting on XYZ.

And it looks like there's much more to this interview too, him talking about SS 92, etc. I now have my lunchtime audio for the day.

Bret is the best interview period...

The way he sneaks shitting on fashion models is solid stand up comedy quality

Bret should do a Shit on Everything Podcast with Lance Storm. I'd pay to listen to them debate/shit on stuff, especially because Lance hates libraries and that's fucking hilarious

Kaladin

So I was going down to Day 2 of the Mae Young Classic, but I got caught in the worst traffic jam I've ever been in south of Gainesville, FL. Took me 1 and a half hours to get to an exit I could take, and there was still 5 miles to where the road was blocked for the accident. Turns out, the band Adrenaline Mob was pulled off the road with their RV and a semi veered off and smashed into it killing one and injuring six others. By the time I had cleared it to some backroads I determined that taking the backroads down to Orlando meant I would miss over half the show. At Full Sail when they sell to capacity they can tend to over sell and I knew by that point I might not even get in with a ticket so I came on home. RIP to Adrenalin Mob's bass player.....yall stay safe on the roads.

I woke up late today and only got to watch ZSJ vs Tana and Naito vs Ibushi. Anything worth going back to watch after I get home tonight?

It was a great card, I'd watch LIJ vs LIJ, Nagata/YOSHI HASHI and Goto/Ishii for sure.

Chaos/Chaos & Bullet Club/Suzukigun were fun too.

Draxal

I can see a Mundo going back. WWE is a big draw for wrestlers sadly.

I could until I realised he married Taya, with no women in NJPW I can't see it. Which makes WWE a easy choice if he and his wife want to stay close

He's based in the west coast, if NJPW hits it as hard as they say they are going to. It would make sense.

Top Bottom