• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sn4ke_911 said:
Hold on.

After that, he tweeted this:

GoGW1.png
Murder this man.

Sethos

Banned
I know they're trying to be funny and all but you can joke about little things, maybe do it for a few days but right now this is all a piss-take. Thank heavens RO2 Beta is out and retail is releasing Tuesday, else I'd have to channel all my negative murder energy on something else.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm so glad I'm not waiting on the beta like you guys!

After giving myself blue balls with an early Sept beta release rumor, I'm not hyping anymore. I think the likeliest is the September 27th date, only because it's near the end of the month and they HAVE to do the beta in September
lol.gif

Anything earlier is just a bonus, at this point. Really curious what the Battleblog is about today--seems like it'll be Battlelog related.

I want to play the beta to see how my PC will handle it, how the game plays, what server host we should go with for our GAF server and... that's about it.

Maybe I'll get addicted and play it 24/7, but there's so many games coming out soon that I can wait an extra month or so for the actual release. I'm definitely not stupid enough to try and download it within the first 48 hours. Those servers will be getting hammered!

Nuborn

wish they would just call it a demo if it comes out at the end of the month, its not really a "beta" one month from release as its nowhere near long enough for feedback to significantly help the game.

Still gonna play the hell out of it though.

Nuborn said:
wish they would just call it a demo if it comes out at the end of the month, its not really a "beta" one month from release as its nowhere near long enough for feedback to significantly help the game.

Millions of people playing the beta across all platforms for at least a month isn't enough? There will be plenty of feedback for DICE from all those players and hopefully we will get a day 1 patch from the beta feedback.

Moaradin

One thing I hated about BFBC2 was how hard it was to get friends on the same server, let alone on the same team. I hope platoons will fix that problem.

Nuborn said:

There's this thing called patches and working 16 hours every day of the week.

Moaradin said:
One thing I hated about BFBC2 was how hard it was to get friends on the same server, let alone on the same team. I hope platoons will fix that problem.
Which version? I am always playing with my friends on the same server/team on the 360 version. I have never had any issues with joining my friends teams, unless the match was full of course.

Menelaus

Banned
Darkshier said:
Which version? I am always playing with my friends on the same server/team on the 360 version. I have never had any issues with joining my friends teams, unless the match was full of course.
How often did you try to play with 7 other guys?

Nuborn said:

You're right, its closer to a soft launch than a legitimate beta. The PC "alpha" was more in line with what a beta is, and even that seemed like it was beyond the beta stage.

Nuborn said:

The game will go gold 3 weeks before the release date, so yeah, it's really silly to call it a beta. Unless they consider the game we will buy on the release date to still be a beta.

Enco

Let this be a lesson to everyone planning a beta.

Don't give us a month and not give us a specific day. Either leave it unannounced or announce it all at once.

Trailer looks stunning.

Menelaus

Banned
Enco said:
Let this be a lesson to everyone planning a beta.

Don't give us a month and not give us a specific day. Either leave it unannounced or announce it all at once.

Trailer looks stunning.
Hype is at a high. Beta talk is all over twitter. Despite any of us being butthurt over it, it's working as intended for them.

Beta has to start soon, I need to know what kind of graphics card and CPU I'll need to play at high settings on a 1680*1050 screen!! Is AMD Phenom X4 955 with a GTX 560 enough? Do I need sandy bridge and/or a GTX 570?

I'll just go with the cheapest rig that can manage BF3 on high settings with enough fps.

ACE 1991

Sidewinder said:
Beta has to start soon, I need to know what kind of graphics card and CPU I'll need to play at high settings on a 1680*1050 screen!! Is AMD Phenom X4 955 with a GTX 560 enough? Do I need sandy bridge and/or a GTX 570?

I'll just go with the cheapest rig that can manage BF3 on high settings with enough fps.

I just built a new rig for $750, I can't imagine it won't be enough to play BF3 on high. i5 2500K OC'd to 4.0ghz, Radeon 6950, 8gb 1600 ram...

Menelaus

Banned
If i had to guess, we'll get another, longer gameplay trailer on the 16th, with another tease for the 23rd. On that day, the final trailer comes out, and points us to the beta, which is opening.

mug

Sidewinder said:

You'll be fine with the AMD and 560.

Menelaus

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
What Menelaus said. This is probably gonna be similar to the Fault Line trailer series.
If it's truly like faultline, they may drag it out to the 30th. Lends more credence to the 27th date, since people would be getting their early access around midnight of the 28th!

Kyaw

That trailer is amazing. Dat lighting...

I'm actually looking forward to the SP campaign. I like authentic military shooter campaigns.
I've just been playing some bits of MoH again and they were pretty damn awesome.

ZeroCoin

RiverBed said:
I need advice for pre-ordering:
These are the offers I found: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/pre-order-offers
Now, won't the physical warfare pack from Gamestop be offered for free on a later date for everyone so it nullifies Gamestop's offer? If so, I'll pick another retailer offer.

DICE has stated that the physical warfare pack will be released at a later date for free, so yes eventually the gamestop preorder won't get you anything more than a new customer. Based on that info, I went with the best buy preorder since those will more than likely be released down the line but at a small cost.

I suppose you can break it down like this....

Must have access to more weapons at launch:
Gamestop

Must get the best 'deal':
BestBuy

Must have cosmetic stuff:
Amazon or BestBuy

It_Hurts

Banned
doesn't really matter, in the end they don't really change the game. I would get it on Origin because it is quickest to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom