• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"FREE" 1 Year ECA membership... for the price of YOUR SOUL. Read if you applied.

Josh7289

I just signed up, but I didn't need a credit card and couldn't input the code anywhere. I can't find anything about paying for it, and even some parts of the site that have to do with member's only access and stuff don't seem to be working exactly right.

So I think they caught on, but you can still sign up ... Not sure if you could do that before or not, but it doesn't look like I have a 'paying' account (i can't get to any benefits or anything; it just tells me to login).

EDIT:

Nevermind, I just got an email to confirm my account (separate from the initial newsletter confirmation email), and it led me to a page to input my payment details.

So I put in the promotional code and my credit card information, and I was able to get the $19.99 1-year membership - $19.99 discount = $0.00 total paid.

I definitely have full membership benefits now.

Josh7289 said:
I just signed up, but I didn't need a credit card and couldn't input the code anywhere. I can't find anything about paying for it, and even some parts of the site that have to do with member's only access and stuff don't seem to be working exactly right.

So I think they caught on, but you can still sign up ... Not sure if you could do that before or not, but it doesn't look like I have a 'paying' account (i can't get to any benefits or anything; it just tells me to login).

Same thing happened to me. Tried with both Firefox and IE.

botticus

distantmantra said:
I signed up, but whenever I click on benefits it says "access denied." I never got to anything resembling a page asking for CC info or a code.
I'm pretty sure that means your account hasn't been activated or whatever. I don't recall the process, but I think there's a lot of potential confusion to actually create an account. Sounds a lot like every second message in the CAG thread.

On the one hand I would have liked to save $15, but I've already used my membership to save $100+ at Amazon counting preorders, so I can't complain too much.

RS4-

I'm getting owned, if I click on membership benefits or the members area, I get a nice 'access denied' and 'please login...'

:lol

edit - thread moving to fast. Read the above post

botticus said:
I'm pretty sure that means your account hasn't been activated or whatever. I don't recall the process, but I think there's a lot of potential confusion to actually create an account.

On the one hand I would have liked to save $15, but I've already used my membership to save $100+ at Amazon counting preorders, so I can't complain too much.

Oh, no, it knows of my account. I activated it via the email they send.

Xizer

Banned
distantmantra said:
Oh, no, it knows of my account. I activated it via the email they send.

I am having the same problem. I signed up for an account, clicked the link in activation e-mail...where the hell do you go now? Browsing around the site I get the Access Denied message frequently.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Xizer said:
I am having the same problem. I signed up for an account, clicked the link in activation e-mail...where the hell do you go now? Browsing around the site I get the Access Denied message frequently.

That was happening to me, the activation email I had clicked was apparently just for a newsletter or something...I checked my junk mail and there was a separate activation email with a link to the CC / promo code page.

Chorazin

Sweet, got in, got signed up, accepted the promo code, good to go.

I <3 saving money!

EDIT: Cancelled and re-ordered Tekken 6 and Persona PSP pre-orders I already had using this code, already saved about $8!

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Excellent heads up. Amazon will be pleased, as that's a lot of business that won't be heading to GameStop or Best Buy over the next twelve months (and possibly more Prime account subscriptions too for release day deliveries).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I wish I held off in buying Rock Band Beatles for another $5 off. Oh well, pretty sweet to get 10% off in future purchases though. Best thing is that I believe it takes 10% off before any discounts and promotions.

burgerdog

Saved about $48, thank you :D I was already getting more and more games from amazon over gamestop, but this just tipped the scales over completely. Gamestop just lost a customer completely due to this.

feel

About the Amazon Prime thing, I'm not seeing the 3 month trial option anywhere on the checkout section, just the 1 month trial, what am I doing wrong?

Edit: Got it now, was using a non eligible book, my bad.

Echoes

Signed up and re-pre-ordered all my games. So good. And with the GOG discounts? My god.

Costanza, you own my soul.

Welcome to the awesome money saving world of ECA + Amazon. I bought it like 2-3 weeks back. Already saved more than membership price.

By the way this way CA people can get games cheaper than BOGO 50% off Best Buy deal.

This has been posted on all major deal websites now. Don't think it will last long.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So awesome, thanks so much for the link.

strideramc

I signed up several months back. Too bad my membership isn't up soon. I would complain, but I have used the amazon discount and saved about 10 times over on the 20 dollar investment for a subscription.

Linkhero1

Question: I can't apply the code to an order I already placed can I? I have Kingdom Hearts for DS preordered but with another promotional code attached and I can't cancel it because that promotional code isn't active anymore.

Linkhero1 said:
Question: I can't apply the code to an order I already placed can I? I have Kingdom Hearts for DS preordered but with another promotional code attached and I can't cancel it because that promotional code isn't active anymore.

Cancel and re-order.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Just canceled my 2 copies of ODST (one for me, one for my roommate) and reordered for 12 dollars less :D

I'm on the free prime promotion too, started this morning before I saw this thread. So I'm getting ODST for 10% off and no tax on release day, free shipping. Not fucking bad at all.

knitoe

Awesome. Just signup and got $5.70 off Uncharted 2.

Does ECA subscription auto renew? Don't see option to cancel it.

Edit: I went pre-order crazy. Ordered 6 more games. :lol

cvxfreak

I just registered as well. :D

I won't buy many games in the next year, but it's still nice to have this code generator.

My CC expires before the renewal date too, so I probably won't be charged automatically.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Worked, sweet.

Tried by pre-ordering Ratchet and Clank. Now I have to go cancel and re-do my other pre-orders.

So where do you turn off auto-renewal?

Top Bottom