• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Shea's comfortably my favourite at the moment. She's wise, warm and always uplifting without being corny like Alexis can be. She gives real ass helpful advice and not just "I love you guuurrrrrl" platitudes, and sometimes that advice is a kick in the tuck.

Also, Fashion Photo Ruview has been killing me this season. Raja and Raven are clearly high a fuck and the camera always rolls a few seconds too long. Their nonsense has me crying, and how much Raja hates Valentina but lusts after her too.

Shea's comfortably my favourite at the moment. She's wise, warm and always uplifting without being corny like Alexis can be. She gives real ass helpful advice and not just "I love you guuurrrrrl" platitudes, and sometimes that advice is a kick in the tuck.
"Why ya'll acting brand new!?" cemented her as my fave.

Razmos

Shea is quickly beating out Nina as my favourite.

Valentina is growing on me too. Her snatch game idea was brilliant and clever

I was thinking myself that one of them on the show should've done a Kimono look. Since no one else did one, it could've seemed pretty ballsy as long as it was flawlessly executed and not just a red nighty robe.

Are RuPaul and Matt Drudge secret besties or something? Always seeing Drag Race plug stories on the site - a demographic mismatch if I've ever seen one.

don't ask me why I frequent Drudge Report...

Are RuPaul and Matt Drudge secret besties or something? Always seeing Drag Race plug stories on the site - a demographic mismatch if I've ever seen one.

don't ask me why I frequent Drudge Report...

Matt Drudge is gay so anything is possible. Maybe they are in the secret gay Illuminati together. Someone should @ Drudge on Twitter and ask who his favorite queen is.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
0f61ecb743.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
LMAO that flip and split. That was desperate. You got destroyed girl no need to try hard.

disco

LMAO that flip and split. That was desperate. You got destroyed girl no need to try hard.

They could've edited that either way.
Nina didn't do anything, and then left just plain pan shots of Aja going mad
I'm a little saddened that it was those two, I liked them both. :(

kirblar

Aja
was in the same place for what seemed like 9/10ths of that lip sync. Like, jeez.
They could've edited that either way.
Nina didn't do anything, and then left just plain pan shots of Aja going mad
I'm a little saddened that it was those two, I liked them both. :(
She wasn't doing anything special, but what she was pulling out was far better than the other girl.

kirblar

This season isn't S7 levels of bad- "RuPaul's Best Friend Race w/ talented people" is still better than the nastiness and mediocrity we got that season.

WonderzL

Banned
This season isn't S7 levels of bad- "RuPaul's Best Friend Race w/ talented people" is still better than the nastiness and mediocrity we got that season.

i mean yeah hey! pikmin isn't worse than yoshi's new island but that doesn't make it good either

season 7 is the lowest bar possible

I'm surprised
Trinity
won that challenge. It's not that she's bad, but the other two queens were bigger standouts. Plus I liked their runways better. Maybe they gave it to her just to change up the winners?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
glad nina stayed but unless she gets a grip she'll be going next too

Oh my god this Fire Island show is terrible.

other than Khasan and Justin they're all trash but I cant stop watching

disco

glad nina stayed but unless she gets a grip she'll be going next too

other than Khasan and Justin they're all trash but I cant stop watching

Is Fire Island actually that bland? I visited once for the day about two years ago and it seemed kinda sweet. It was sorta muscle mary territory but I have always associated it more with 90s NY proto-tribal/Strictly house music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to9EgOoYrt8) and Frank O'Hara's death/poetry. Sort of a west coast version of the counter culture sandy pine Southern California suburbs Isherwood depicts in A Single Man.

Razmos

Shea should have won the challenge, she was brilliant, again. Trinity was good but not that good. I also didn't feel like Nina was that bad in the actual thing.
I also thought Farrah did really well at that challenge.

Valentina as the virgin was an inspired choice. The way Peppermint handled the roles was pretty good also.

So glad Nina didn't go home

HowZatOZ

Banned
The lip sync battle was actually pretty bad for the song choice. 'Finally' is all about that umph and over expressing yourself with really loud moves as a drag queen. As soon as the song started I straight away expected Priscilla Queen of the Desert but what I got was meh.

The challenge was really good, actually showcased who can actually live outside of their drag character and still be funny. Aja was just not up to the task and Nina is so in her head I fear she may not get out. Which would be a shame, she has stunning makeup skills that are basically a second dress design for her it's insane.

Buuut, again it was all ruined for one very large problem that's reoccurring of this season. That fucking purple lighting. The girlfriend and I are straight up ready to stop watching, it's super distracting and makes runway segments look like shit. Fix. Your. Fucking. Lighting.

royalan

WTF...

VH1 has been incredibly sloppy about airing drag race.

They show the new episode ONCE and there isn't a replay scheduled for several days. The episodes aren't online (even for people with cable subscriptions) AND this week the new episode isn't even on on-demand yet.

Like, how the fuck do they expect people to watch the show?

Fun episode. Lip sync was great, and glad that Nina won. Certainly didn't expect Aja to go so soon tho, given all the hype around her joining the show.

I'm predicting top 3 is Shea, Trinity and Sasha now. Feel like Valentina will crash and burn at some point.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
First thing I noticed wasn't the make-up, but the hair. Category is "big hair everywhere" and Ru comes out wearing that? Not only was she outshined by the girls, but even Michelle had a more voluminous and s rounded hair than hair. I bet she won't be happy.

Other thoughts: I liked the challenge and runway. I've had mixed feelings about this season, but this episode proved the cast is capable.

I know the forced touchy-feely make-up moments can be polirizing, but I truly like them when they're genuine and personal. The show has had flat moments when out-of-touch queens spoke unintelligently about LGBT issues, but I have a soft spot for drag acceptance and how drag mean something different to different people. Case in point: Sasha's story. I've written her off as the Princess of this season at the beginning of the season. But I really like her now.

This is a common theme for me and this season, all favorite queens are ones I've written off or disliked due snap assumptions: Sasha (the Princess), Shea (the filler), Trinity (The Talentless), Valentina (The T. Sanchez), Eureka (The Bitch)... Well Eureka ended being a bitch, albeit a lovable one.

I still don't know though whether I'm changing my mind about some of them because of they're strong enough to demand reconsideration, or because there to are no flawless, obvious, front-running queens this season that I'm forced to dig deep and reconcile.

Anyhow. Bye Aja. You were a mess.

WillAble

Neo Member
Was anybody else surprised to see Nina turn it out so hard on that lipsync? I was half expecting another Charlie incident with how her attitude has been so far...

royalan

Finally put the episode up. Watched it and allowed myself on Twitter.

WHEEEEW the Aja stans are PISSED. LOL I live!

I think this is the season that just doing the splits out of nowhere has finally (FI-NA-LLY!) got played out like taking off your wig. Unless you can perfectly nail it, just don't.

Nina slayed that lipsync to one of my all-time favorite songs. She was LIVING IT by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom