• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

voden

Neo Member
Anyone pre-ordered with Tesco Direct? I think that's where I'll be going now since GAME wont have any for launch day.

I ordered mine from Tesco as I had £30 in club card points. Couldn't tell you if they are good for release day delivery or not though. Personally if it's a day or so late I don't care as I'm saving 30 notes.

I ordered mine from Tesco as I had £30 in club card points. Couldn't tell you if they are good for release day delivery or not though. Personally if it's a day or so late I don't care as I'm saving 30 notes.

Tesco have never let me down for launch day delivery before, though I've never preordered a console from them.

I ordered my PS4 Pro from Tesco, it arrived on launch day. Worth noting though that they literally just wrapped like a plastic wrap around it. 0 packaging except that thin sheet of grey plastic stuff.

voden

Neo Member
I ordered my PS4 Pro from Tesco, it arrived on launch day. Worth noting though that they literally just wrapped like a plastic wrap around it. 0 packaging except that thin sheet of grey plastic stuff.

Thats not so good to know. My launch day ps4 came that way from Asda but all was fine. Not sure how my Switch will come though as I ordered a pro controller and Zelda with it. Hopefully they box it all together

Thats not so good to know. My launch day ps4 came that way from Asda but all was fine. Not sure how my Switch will come though as I ordered a pro controller and Zelda with it. Hopefully they box it all together
To be fair, it was only a little bit damaged - like bumped corners but nothing serious. I'm sure yours will be fine :)

ITSMILNER

Hmmm i'm a little concerned my order for BotW on Amazon doesn't have a delivery date. Its just showing the vague 'We need time to work out the date' message

JoeNut

Actually saw an advert for the switch on tv for the first time last night during walking dead, I can't believe how little It's being advertised.
I was in Sainsbury's yesterday and the aisle with PS4 and Xbox just had nothing to do with Nintendo whatsoever.

Why would Nintendo not get the supermarkets to sell them?

Actually saw an advert for the switch on tv for the first time last night during walking dead, I can't believe how little It's being advertised.
I was in Sainsbury's yesterday and the aisle with PS4 and Xbox just had nothing to do with Nintendo whatsoever.

I think UK ads on tv just rolled out yesterday, my kid watches kids tv every waking momen he can, and particularly every morning and yesterday morning was the first time a switch ad ran on Cartoon Network (it's been all 3ds lately). So I would at least say in that respect, it's just getting going. Agree on the supermarket thing anecdotally though, my local Tesco has absolutely zip on switch, just it's usual minimal Wii U/3ds spot. I guess, pre-orders are doing well though, maybe they just don't have the stock yet to make it worth getting that aspect of advertising rolling. Although, logically in my mind, with the markets they target, getting ads going in supermarkets would be better than in Game (and my local Game does have switch stuff).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
TV advertising is becoming less and less important. Maybe closer to Christmas when they want to get the attention of parents we'll see more of it, but for launch YouTube video likely have more impact for the audience who buys day one.

openrob

Think that is bad go into a game store

Nintendo doesn't tend to sell that well over here. A lot of places don't stock it and a lot more just have a limited range

TV advertising is becoming less and less important. Maybe closer to Christmas when they want to get the attention of parents we'll see more of it, but for launch YouTube video likely have more impact for the audience who buys day one.

Particularly with the opening day line-up. For me, Zelda is an insanely high profile game to launch with, but the rest of the fam (who are huge Ninty fans) are uninterested, simply because they see nothing for them until Mario Kart & Splatoon drops. PArtner would have been going nuts if it was Mario for launch, I'd probably be buying two if there were the case. Not sure if I entirely agree with the approach, but launch is certainly aimed at us, while casual Nintendo fans are still being served with brand new 3ds games. My kid is pretty buzzed with the Switch, but it's Yoshi, Mario superstars & Yokai 2 he actually wants to get. Zelda is something he wants to see me play but not something he will play himself. All of which to say is I agree, after the summer seems like the right time to do more traditional advertising, although as mentioned, they have begun. I believe it was 1 2 Switch on the cartoon network ad.

My Game actually does have a sizeable Switch pre-order wall, there must have been some kind of confusion haha. Their pokemon cards section is still bigger than it though, so they have their prioritises right.

Steph_E.

I had an e-mail from Gameseek at 3.31 this morning, saying the Switch is available to pre-order for £198.50. I didn't see the e-mail until 8.40 and there were none available (unsurprisingly). Maybe I will stay up all night and sleep during the day so next time I see the e-mail as soon as the send it (if there is a next time).

ITSMILNER

When did you pre-order it?

Originally back in January but there was a cock up with my order with the BIGTHANKS code so I was on Amazon live chat Saturday morning and they advised that I had to re-order the game and they were going to credit my account with £10 so it took it off the new order.

Maybe I should jump on Live chat again and see what they can do?

Originally back in January but there was a cock up with my order with the BIGTHANKS code so I was on Amazon live chat Saturday morning and they advised that I had to re-order the game and they were going to credit my account with £10 so it took it off the new order.

Maybe I should jump on Live chat again and see what they can do?

I would to be safe. I know recently they've not had day one stock

Lucifon

Really hoping my Nintendo order turns up a day early. Otherwise I'll have to head back into the office just to pick up the parcel then home again. Booked the day off for Switchmas.

I had an e-mail from Gameseek at 3.31 this morning, saying the Switch is available to pre-order for £198.50. I didn't see the e-mail until 8.40 and there were none available (unsurprisingly). Maybe I will stay up all night and sleep during the day so next time I see the e-mail as soon as the send it (if there is a next time).

Not seen an email, just checked and nothing sent. Bet if missed my chance now

Hasney

Really hoping my Nintendo order turns up a day early. Otherwise I'll have to head back into the office just to pick up the parcel then home again. Booked the day off for Switchmas.

They'll be using next day courier, so it won't be shipped until the Thursday.

16507810_657898367726564_2018761620740472838_n.jpg

Most game places I've been into have a switch wall as big or larger than that. Thats just my local.

Lucifon

I think they will.

Do they ever get discounted much?

eShop cards never really get discounted from GAME as far as I know. But with cashback and reward points it effectively knocks a bit off. I just have trade-in credit which I basically use from GAME to convert into Xbox/PSN/Nintendo credit. CDkeys will occasionally discount eShop cards though.

They'll be using next day courier, so it won't be shipped until the Thursday.

Probably, but I did get my N3DS a day early and most games from them. So I'm keeping fingers crossed even though I know it's unlikely.

Hasney

Another forum user on a different forum, posted this, Switch adverts in Sainsbury's

Don't know if it is on a recurring loop or not i'm not sure, but either way that be the first Tv Ad i've seen. (Second hand)

They are.

TannerDemoz

PS4 and XB1 walls were just as small guys. I'm from Hull, and we've got one of the flagship Game stores here and their PS4 wall wasn't much bigger than 2 or 3 across.

Switch ads on TV this morning again, I guess they're really rolling now.

Switch is so close now, I can almost taste the bitter disappointment I'll experience when I see and hear nothing from Argos on launch day and it turns out that fucking Zelda case they delisted has messed my order up, or something equally horrible. Can't wait!

Switch ads on TV this morning again, I guess they're really rolling now.

Switch is so close now, I can almost taste the bitter disappointment I'll experience when I see and hear nothing from Argos on launch day and it turns out that fucking Zelda case they delisted has messed my order up, or something equally horrible. Can't wait!

Merry switchmas

Also had the email from Gameseek this morning. Just checked and I'm not entirely sure they've even been back on sale yet. Can't see anyone on HDUK saying they got one either so it looks to me like they're just baiting. The Neon is out of stock but Grey says 'Pre-Order' with no option to do so.

Gave them a call and spoke to someone that sounded like she hated her life and said the email was just to set up a stock alert, which is a load of old bollocks.

We just wanted to remind you that Nintendo Switch Console (Grey) (NintendoSwitch) is due for release in 10 days on 03/03/2017 and is available to Pre-Order now for only 198.5

To view this game, click here: https://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Vidww4tgNSwitch/-

Complete shithouse of a company.

eoa-swam

Also had the email from Gameseek this morning. Just checked and I'm not entirely sure they've even been back on sale yet. Can't see anyone on HDUK saying they got one either so it looks to me like they're just baiting. The Neon is out of stock but Grey says 'Pre-Order' with no option to do so.

Gave them a call and spoke to someone that sounded like she hated her life and said the email was just to set up a stock alert, which is a load of old bollocks.

Complete shithouse of a company.

As I thought, it sounded too good to be true. They are just hoarding email addresses under the lie of these cheap Switch consoles.

Everything about Gameseek seems very 'off'.

As I thought, it sounded too good to be true. They are just hoarding email addresses under the lie of these cheap Switch consoles.

Everything about Gameseek seems very 'off'.

Indeed. I've heard nothing but bad feedback from people on various forums saying what a sleeze of a company they are. I've got my pre-order with Nintendo and although it would have been nice to shave 80 quid off, I'm not going to be disappointed in anyway if I don't have to do business with them. Especially trusting them with the money upfront.

Top Bottom