• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Belgium bomba - Premium 99€

goomba

Banned
I tried to buy a wiiu at dick smith but they were sold out when i arrived on the day at 9:30am.

I refuse to pay the AU$428 for a premium in australia, thats 282.46 Euro ,near three times this belgium sale !

NeoGash

Dick Smith wasn't generous enough. Wii U would need to be $100 Australian dollars before i even think of getting one considering i want it for 3 games (one of which isn't out yet)

Yeah it's a bit of a gamble also, as you don't know when or if it will get the support it needs. Not every game that releases for it will be up your alley, so it makes the choices even more limited.

Dawg

Only one store in Belgium selling the wii u this low could go both ways

1) sold out in less than an hour
2) nobody gives a damn

I remember carrefour selling the white ones for €150 and they instantly disappeared so I'm going to go with 1, depending on how much people are aware of this deal.

isual

they're probably clearing the stock that first came in last year so they can have the new manufactured ones.

iamnosuperman

Neo Member
I would buy one at that price. Seems odd for such a reduction unless they are preowned or they are seriously trying to move the stock

Shiggy

I probably wouldn't even buy it at that price. I'd only be interested in the first party titles and after getting a 3DS recently, I feel like I've played the games already. Both MK7 and 3D Land were extremely safe and rather boring sequels and for now I don't need more of that on another system.

Now why can't I live a few km more south? :( It's impossible to get it today, but it's a price at which I will bite without a doubt.

Griss

Has anyone actually tried plugging it into a 220v plug with no voltage converter though? I wouldn't risk it just off one teardown.

I did it yesterday based on that article and three others, and it's true. There are no issues whatsoever. Neither the Gamecube nor Wii could do this, and I know firsthand - I first learned about voltages when I fried an American Gamecube in Ireland back in 2002. Lost out on three months of Metroid Prime, if I remember correctly :(

jamsy

At that price it'd be a sin not to! Haven't seen any good WiiU deals here in Switzerland for a very long time now.

A good deal in Switzerland is almost an oxymoron....love the country to death but anyone not making money there is in for a rough time.

oti

Banned
Imagine every Nintendo console costing only 100€. So many people would play and buy the awesome Nintendo games. I mean it's not about the hardware itself anyway.

Still 150€ too much!

So you want someone to gift you a wiiu and give you 50€ on top of that? I know nintendo is desparate but good luck getting that deal.
I think that's the most epic bomba price cut I've ever seen.

I guess Nintendo aren't doing buy-backs this time around then. The shelf-clearing for next-gen has now begun.
The next few months will be interesting.

media markt will not entirely drop the wiiu. Media markt sometimes does crazy deals. They have been doing crazy stuff in germany too. For example 1 out of 20 customers that bought anything from january 2nd to 4th in mediamarkt would only have to pay 14€ (so if you bought a 2000€ tv and were a lucky guy you would get paid back 1986€)

lemmykoopa

Any gaffers based in Hasselt? Im trying to call mediamarkt Hasselt to see if they still got stock but their phone ain't working.

Phazon

They are opening in one hour and 30 minutes. That's why they never pick up their phone :p

Going to take a look there when it opens, I think.

lemmykoopa

They are opening in one hour and 30 minutes. That's why they never pick up their phone :p

Going to take a look there when it opens, I think.
Phazon would you be so kind to snag one up for me? I could transfer you the money through overschrijving right away + a little extra for saying thanks ;-)

Phazon

Be quick I bet there already like 30/40 people in line because this spreads like wildfire.

If there's a whole line waiting, I'm just going to drive back. I already have one and it's not worth lowering myself/fighting for it. We'll see.

edit: I'm getting one for Dawg here already and it's limited to 1 console per person, sorry.

Also, this is a deal for today only. No other stores will price match it tomorrow. Today all retailers in Hasselt are open and have sales. Rest of Belgium is usually closed on Sundays.

Atolm

I bought mine in the summer for 170€ thanks to Amazon price-matching Tesco and I already thought that it was a crazy deal, but this...wow.

Top Bottom