• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vegas Security Guard disappears right before TV interviews (update: debunked)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I am done with most news media at this point. No fact checking, no regard to the truth, just throw as much crap as you can on the web.

That's a recipe for pure ignorance, especially if you're not also deleting your social media accounts.

Joeytj

Banned
Well, he's apparently on Ellen tomorrow, so that means he taped the show today in L.A.

Doesn't seem like he's missing, just that maybe he got a better offer from Ellen and didn't know how to turn down the other outlets.

This just seems like the guy is stressed about the attention.

Dynomutt

Honestly why even speak to the media?

I will would talk to the families if needed and the authorities but I would care less about news organizations.

Press release are not required by law let them read about it.

"missing"

from an interview with known crazy person, side gun nut and potential dangerous 'host' of GOP propaganda TV ( not to be confused with Russia Today, it's called Fox News).

It's called the "fuck that" maneuver.

I wonder if the story is even true, in the sense that spinning an embarrassment into a conspiracy ensures that the audience living in a media bubble will never realize the difference unless they also happen to watch Ellen. He may just called Hannity's production with 'no' and left it at that.
Though this is very presumptuous on my part, I suspect he'll turn up fine eventually. Just not, you know, right now.

edit: apparently not just missing from Fox, but still, I don't see why anyone related to a sensitive gun incident would show up for Hannity of all people.

DrSlek

What about flags?

Double false

Nah fam. Dude got shot 6 minutes before shots ringed out.(this within itself is suspect) Now he's gone and hiding from the news. This make you go hmmm.

What's suspect is your lack of research.

Shortly before 10 p.m. PDT, hotel security guard Jesus Campos was sent to the 32nd floor to investigate an open-door alert of a guest's room. He encountered a barricaded door that prevented him from immediately accessing the floor. After arriving on the floor, he was shot at about 10:05, the approximate time when Paddock began firing into the crowd. It is unclear whether Campos was shot before, after, or at the same time Paddock began firing into the crowd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Las_Vegas_shooting#Shooting

There are 4 citations to that excerpt. 1 of them says 6 minutes, another says up to 40 seconds, another says it was definitely not 6 minutes and another says there was almost no delay.

The way I'm reading things, the arrival of the guard caused him to panic and acellerate whatever plan he had and maybe skip certain parts, like whatever he had planned for the explosive chemicals in his car.

Maybe that's how things went down or maybe the investigation will turn up something different. But jumping to enormous conclusions based on circumstantial information and incomplete timelines only provides fuel for the conspiracy crazies. So cut that shit out!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Maybe FOX lied that he disappeared to ruin his life because he turned them down.

Sadly, a large portion of gun nuts are gonna acknowledge this as a conspiracy. It's they that have pushed all this false flag shit, because they refuse to acknowledge partial responsibilities for these tragedies. They never will. I am partially responsible. I own dozens of hi cap semi auto rifles, though most are old. I'm an avid collector of all things from the cold war era. Would I ever give up all my weapons, specifically hi cap semi autos? Absolutely not.

But I would however acknowledge and give up the most modern ones. I hunt with a 50s/early 60s era civilian M14. While I love my modern AR15 collection along with its modern cousins like my Steyr Aug assault rifle, or my Scar series assault rifles. Why I bought them, I'm not quite sure. To have the newest in tech. Do I need them? Absolutely not. You have to understand that there are rifles from 30 years before that carry less, and are more dependable, but are also more suitable for civilian use, especially for hunting and target practice.

You should really check out pro gun message boards. It isn't just that false flag shit they spew. When it comes to the Congressional plan to regulate bump stocks, whoa hoah, it's actually a giant conspiracy to ban all semi auto weapons. So they push that, NRA gets all the complaints of it, and suddenly that shit is dead in congress, at least when it comes to Republican support.

You guys should seriously spend some time on a few pro gun message boards. The opinions of the people you're trying to win over for reasonable gun reform? They'll give you universal background checks, but only of you abolish the gun control act of 1986. Aka: let everyone run around with nfa full auto weapons. It will be fine they say, because it was allowed prior to the 80s. What's the worst that could happen?

Mark L

Conspiracy theories are a way for a dumb person to feel intelligent. Suddenly, they feel, it is they who have access to the real truth, which is the opposite of how they have always felt until then. And you don’t need to do any work. You don’t need to put any effort into anything. All you need to do is to parrot the Alex Joneses of the world. The beauty of it is how they connect disparate facts together based on intuition rather than evidence, and paradoxically this makes them think they are smarter than others, when in reality it is the opposite: any idiot can connect almost anything together based on a spurious narrative, finding actual evidence is the hard bit.

Blizzard

Banned
Conspiracy theories are a way for a dumb person to feel intelligent. Suddenly, they feel, it is they who have access to the real truth, which is the opposite of how they have always felt until then. And you don't need to do any work. You don't need to put any effort into anything. All you need to do is to parrot the Alex Joneses of the world. The beauty of it is how they connect disparate facts together based on intuition rather than evidence, and paradoxically this makes them think they are smarter than others, when in reality it is the opposite: any idiot can connect almost anything together based on a spurious narrative, finding actual evidence is the hard bit.
This same chain applies closely to a variety of other more mundane conspiracy-ish things.

Thus ads about "music professors hate him, learn this mysterious secret about playing guitar that they've all been conspiring to hide!"

"Use this one weird trick discovered by a real mom who is just like you to [whiten your teeth while you sleep] / [lose weight without any effort]!"

"Do this one weird thing to [gain penis size] / [save money on car insurance]!"

It just so happens that the world as a whole is carefully making sure you don't find out these amazing secrets to get everything you want and be smart without any effort or research needed.

shandy706

Mahonay

Banned
Fucking come on with this bullshit. Just like Sandy Hook, people seem DESPERATE to form conspiracies off the smallest mundane details that are easily explained.

"BUT NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE AND IT'S INCONSISTENT!"

Everyone in the US has unfettered access to create their own personal arsenals and these mass shootings continue to happen on the regular. It all makes a lot of sense and is very consistent. Welcome to reality.

all it takes is some tweets from people with blue check marks next to their name to start a fucking riot on shit noone has proof on.....

what is new these days?

lol and snopes basically debunked this but now everyone thinks they are 'in' on it with the MAN to keep people 'sleep'...

what drilling was paddock doing that drew the attention of campos and the engineer? i know he had all kinds of stuff rigged up, but that makes it sound like he wasn't quite ready. where would the concert crowd have exited after aldean finished if paddock had waited?

Zizbuka

Banned
I find it amazing how the media are so offended that someone has the gall to not bow down to their wishes. Remember the guard from the Olympic bombing? Not sure I'd want to be the center of attention either.

Top Bottom