• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is twitch.tv acting weird for anyone else?

neoism

BNVVybMCEAA6Ri7.png:large

damn

neoism

I'm so addicted to twitch. I always have it playing on my secondary monitor. This downtime is killing me.

Yeah I started using it this last November lol I'm so lazy I'd rather watch other people play games LULZ.. Some of the chats are awesome though. :p

An-Det

I can't even get to the 'reset password' page. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, this sucks. On a sidenote, one of the streamers I typically watch does a lot of MGS stuff, he just tweeted "DAMN THE PATRIOTS!". Seems appropriate.

I'm so addicted to twitch. I always have it playing on my secondary monitor. This downtime is killing me.

Same, I've always got it open to the side. I guess I can watch more Angel...

Corsick

Is it possible that they can require this resetting of information without those passwords and streamkeys having been compromised? I will probably never use my old twitch PW again to be safe I guess....

Warablo

Speaking of Twitch. Do you guys think Twitch TV is a timed exclusive with Microsoft? I really enjoy watching streams on Xbox Twitch APP, and would like to continue doing so or broadcast sometime on it..

kick51

Banned
The "oops" page jpg was titled "nothacked.jpg"

what a bunch of clowns

Btw, these guys are Microsoft's streaming partner for the Xbone. lollllllllllllz

TGMIII

Wait, where do I go to change my password, etc.? I can't even access the site.

You'll be able to access it once the main twitch site is back up.

Why are people in this thread freaking the fuck out? Huge site with a massive infrastructure has problems, takes time to fix. What's the issue again?

He hates and actively shuns the FGC, it might not be fair to call him a racist though.

Some old website he did on Geocities or something like that had racial epitaths including the nword and other offensive language. Jared never had the guts to make a statement like Paula Deen though. It's fair to say that he has issues when it comes to race.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
yea, the website seems like they're trying to expand way faster then they're prepared for. i stream on it like 24/7 but i'm already going onto azubu for LoL
It is going to be absolute madness when the Twitch app for Xbone launches. I don't think they can handle it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Twitch support on twitter says they'll have a blog on this in the next few days lol. They don't give a shit. Can't have dudes staying late on a Friday I guess.

B-Dex

Twitch support on twitter says they'll have a blog on this in the next few days lol. They don't give a shit. Can't have dudes staying late on a Friday I guess.

I'm sorry but people rely on their service for income. Fix your stuff. More hilariously bad moves by the twitch team.

LowParry

Twitch has always been acting strange for the past few months. I used to stream the 720p+ streams all the time. And now it just runs like shit on 360p. Eh either way, who knows. Hope there's nothing shady going on there.

Noi

So...with Own3d dead, there isnt a good gaming site other than twitch.tv?

Twitch is the golden turd of streaming sites. It stinks but it's the prettiest one among them all. Hopefully Ustream steps it's game up after the PS4 partnership.

Mr Jared

Hey all, unfortunately I can't stick around tonight to answer questions BUT.. I can assure you, we weren't hacked and that we'll have a technical blog post up very soon to explain the entire debacle. Sit tight and I apologize for the inconvenience.

AppleMIX

Hey all, unfortunately I can't stick around tonight to answer questions BUT.. I can assure you, we weren't hacked and that we'll have a technical blog post up very soon to explain the entire debacle. Sit tight and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Well thanks, people do always assume the worst.

Kabuto

thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update Jared.

Grumbul

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear about the problems - I've been a long time viewer of Justin/Twitch and recently started broadcasting myself. In that time I have received some excellent support from the team.

Hope everything is up and running again soon.

Mr Jared

Thanks for understanding. I'm not going to say everything is fine (because, oh god, the site) but it's going to be fine. It is most definitely all-hands on deck here at the office. Lots of folks came back in, and I even came right back here after a night out with the lil miss. It's very much being handled and taken seriously. Will try and loop back around once the blog post is up for you all.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Thanks for understanding. I'm not going to say everything is fine (because, oh god, the site) but it's going to be fine. It is most definitely all-hands on deck here at the office. Lots of folks came back in, and I even came right back here after a night out with the lil miss. It's very much being handled and taken seriously. Will try and loop back around once the blog post is up for you all.

Good to hear.

Top Bottom