• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 delayed to Spring 2018

I'm reading earlier in this thread and they are 4 studios working on this game?
That's honestly surprising.

Gotta be an expensive money drain after like 4+ years of dev time.

Sanpei

I can't remember the last Xbox one game I bought. I've been primarily on the PS4 and switch now. It just sits there only going on for Netflix.

I won't be touching the Xbox One X, the lack of first party is staggering. Even Sega was pumping more out at the end of the Saturn and Dreamcast

Bought EA Access last week...For 18$ for a year...

Battlefield 1, titanfall 2, mass effect 1,2,3, Unravel , Bad Company 2...

You can never have these on PS4 for that price

Sony

Nintendo
From: "they should delay this game, wow it looks like shit, this games reeks unfinished"
To: "Fuck you Microsoft for delaying this game".

You can never "have" them on Xbox for that price either. You can only get to play them when you're subscribed to the service.

548b80699c070.jpeg

oti

Banned
It's perfect fuel for the ever ongoing list wars, when a big exclusive gets delayed or even cancelled. Do you honestly think that the majority of the posters in this thread are here to discuss the implications for MS?

Of course it's perfect fuel for that. Is this thread full of "M$ suckzzzzzz" posts or what? This delay is also perfect fuel for speculation as to what is going on at Microsoft Studios. Their efficiency this gen is atrocious. And seeing how many games have been cancelled over the last few years, of course people are going to post in here. That's why GAF exists. To talk about the video game industry.

Raide

Has anyone ever confirmed if the destruction is still in the game or not? Cause at E3 it didn't looked like it at all.

Rumor was they only wanted to show SP at E3. Maybe gamescom will show off some MP? With the announced delay, would be nice to see how things are progressing.

I think we can all agree Microsoft is putting a lot more focus on their computers this time around than their games division. And honestly looking at the success of the Surface you can't blame them.

A junior even giving the impression of preferring xbox on here is one way ticket to banville. It's best to avoid these threads until you have reached member status.

On topic. Best decision, if the game ain't ready it ain't ready.

I think you need to back up a claim like that with some evidence because this sounds like horseshit to me.

RossoneR

Banned

Techically you can. People re selling accounts with bunch of games for $20 or $30.

Bridges

Can't wait for another E3 where I'm still supposed to be getting excited about Crackdown.

Guess this finally puts to bed that rumor that the Xbox One X was gonna bundle this and Super Lucky's Tale, too good to be true I guess.

Either that or they waited on putting pre-orders up while they decided if it'd be delayed.

What is going on at MS right now.

Raide

Soooooo, they're gonna can it.
Not every delayed game is canned, else we would end up with very few games. I know a few people here would probably love to see it get canned so they have some more ammo for the warz.

They should at least show something soon, just so people who actually want the game and own an Xbox can see what it's like.

Leyasu

Banned
I think you need to back up a claim like that with some evidence because this sounds like horseshit to me.

Evidence. It's the same story every time.

Junior says something that is close to a defence, gets dog piled by a few posters, replies with something that sails too close to the wind. Then boom, banhammer.

Everyone knows how it works ffs.

EvB

I wouldn’t expect any major changes to the way the game looks with a less than 6 month delay.

I’d say this points to th multiplayer game/tech needing more time Or possibly even supply constraints on the X for launch

Not every delayed game is canned, else we would end up with very few games. I know a few people here would probably love to see it get canned so they have some more ammo for the warz.

They should at least show something soon, just so people who actually want the game and own an Xbox can see what it's like.
That didn't stop them from canning Scalebound. Absolutely zero trust in Microsoft now. And Crackdown was my favorite exclusive. :'(

The delay of the specific game, Crackdown 3, isn't going to be that important. It is a troubling sign because other delayed Microsoft games haven't fared well, and it could be a sign of major development problems. On the other hand, if the game turns out well, then few will care about the delay as far as Crackdown 3 sales go. In fact avoiding the very competitive season might do it some good.

The bigger issue for Microsoft is the small number of exclusive games in its library. Most gamers aren't making a console buying decision in the abstract. They are making a choice between the available options. The PS4 and XB1 share a very similar market, so compete most closely with one another. With more exclusives, the PS4 simply has more games to offer, which is the primary reason for buying a gaming console. That makes the PS4 the more attractive choice.

The Crackdown 3 delay only highlights the deficiency in exclusives. 2017 is looking especially barren. While 2018 looks fuller with the delay, time is not on Microsoft's side. The XB1 is losing ground and the lack of exclusives in 2017 makes it harder to sell consoles in the 2017 holiday season. Those lost holiday 2017 sales to PS4 will only make the network effect advantage it holds greater.

Perhaps the bigger obstacle for the XB1 will be the ever cementing impression that the PS4 is the console to own. 2018 is approaching the end of the generation and there simply won't be many opportunities for Microsoft to turn things around (or stop the bleeding). That could create a tipping point where the PS4 is universally the default console purchase. If that happens then it's game over. Even if Microsoft had a miracle to turn it around, there would be little time to do so. The best they could hope for would be to set themselves up a little better for the 9th generation.

Junior says something that is close to a defence, gets dog piled by a few posters, replies with something that sails too close to the wind. Then boom, banhammer.

Hoo boy. Tinfoil time

Raide

That didn't stop them from canning Scalebound. Absolutely zero trust in Microsoft now. And Crackdown was my favorite exclusive. :'(

I loved the look and idea behind Scalebound but they certainly demonstrated it poorly. Who know why MS dropped it really. Not up to scratch? Taking too long? Not enough Gas hooks? Sure it's sad. I wanted to play a coop dragon hunting game.

MS could be doing much, much better at games. Maybe they should suck it up and go the route of buying exclusives again. They threw plenty of cash around in the 360 days. Or just Sony stuff and Kickstart a load of fan favorites and go from there.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with being an Xbox fan.

oti

Banned

Is that what people over on Reddit tell themselves?

El-Suave

Probably for the best. I thought the game looked really bad from the E3 footage I saw and you probably don't want to launch a first party game along your new, powerful console that doesn't look good. If it would have sucked it could have damaged their new system's reputation right out of the gate.

Kayant

List wars the one thing that has no bounds it seems.

Of course liking Xbox on here is a sin after all. Best to hide your allegiance during the vulnerable times then go crazy when the time is right.

Sanpei

From: "they should delay this game, wow it looks like shit, this games reeks unfinished"
To: "Fuck you Microsoft for delaying this game".

You can never "have" them on Xbox for that price either. You can only get to play them when you're subscribed to the service.

yep...
One year = 18$
3 years = 54$

if you have a partner, you'll pay 27$ for 3 years...

Still you cant have them on ps4 for this price...No need to discuss this

Not Drake

Fucking evidence. Why can't we just base every discussion on emotion and overreaction?

I'm not even remotely close to being interested in Crackdown 3 as the game looked terrible so far in my opinion, but delaying it again proves they atleast believe something can be improved, so I support that decision. I hope the team behind it stays strong.

No, you're literally accusing the mods of banning juniors who show preference for the Xbone. Back up your goddamn claim.

hotcyder

What does the current launch line-up of the XB1X currently look like then?

I know Forza Motorsport 7 is locked for launch
and Shadow of War is coming in the time frame

but that's it for now, right?

Can we just get a Sunset Overdrive sequel, please?

This 100%!

Sadly the first one didn't do well at all. I'll never understand that. Sure it wasn't for everyone with its humor and characters but man, I had tons of fun and there was a lot of great things in that game.

Sometimes I just don't understand it. Does the majority of Xbox players only buy Halo 5 and FPS games then?

Dehnus

Super Lucky's tale
Forza Motorsport 7

But that is about it for me, I don't keep track that much of MS her offerings.

This 100%!

Sadly the first one didn't do well at all. I'll never understand that. Sure it wasn't for everyone with its humor and characters but man, I had tons of fun and there was a lot of great things in that game.

Sometimes I just don't understand it. Does the majority of Xbox players only buy Halo 5 and FPS games then?

GaaS games do well on Xbox.

Please note that when I say "GaaS" it doesn't always mean "online only".

Chobel

Sonygaf indeed.

Eria

This 100%!

Yes

Of course liking Xbox on here is a sin after all. Best to hide your allegiance during the vulnerable times then go crazy when the time is right.

It is not about liking Xbox being a sin. It is that during the 8th generation, if you ever said Xbox was in the better position than the PS4, you would have been objectively wrong. That is why you would have had the minority opinion. If at launch you said that price didn't matter and the XB1 w/ Kinect value would win out, you would have been wrong. If you'd ever took a temporary XB1 sales win due to a price drop or the impending release of the PS4 Pro depressing sales to mean the console was making a comeback, you would have been wrong.

The XB1 is just in a bad place right now. That is why Microsoft is trying to play a different game. They are deemphasizing console sales, and highlighting subscriptions and monthly active users which leverages their PC dominance. That isn't to say that couldn't eventually be a good overall strategy, but strictly speaking about consoles, it doesn't look good.

madmackem

Man this sucks, one less game to show off my x in a couple of months. I guess it's for the best but this game has had such development hell im not holding out much hope for it when it does hit. Such a shame but ms studios seems to have serious issues either keeping games on track or something, something is wrong with the people who lead these other studios as take out forza and gears and the rest of ms studio games have either had development trouble or been canned.

redcrayon

I know that there tends to be a strong multiplat slate every year these days, but what are the big hitters this year? Battlefront, CoD, Assassins Creed, Destiny?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Super Lucky's tale
Forza Motorsport 7

But that is about it for me, I don't keep track that much of MS her offerings.

I guess Cuphead will fall into the "Fall" period as well.

That's not actually a bad selection of exclusives at the tail end of the year, it's just a shame about the rest of the year.

Not Drake

Both of those games come a month before Xbox One X and neither is an exclusive to Xbox One. I mean I don't even think "launch line-up" matters for a hardware's revision. The audience for a console will have plenty to play anyway considering games already released, games releasing in a few weeks leading to a console's launch (Destiny 2 will be huge and so will be AC: Origins) and games coming out after XOX launch (Battlefront and Far Cry 5). It's not like Microsoft needed a game or two to launch the same day as Xbox One X to compete. At least that's how I see it. That's how it worked with PS4 Pro. Also if you're looking for a game releasing with Xbox One X there's Call of Duty:WW2 the same week. That's a game that will move some systems I guess, but I'm positive people interested in the console would buy it regardless.

madmackem

Just like PS4 Pro?
Btw it's release same week with COD WW2.
I think people were hoping ms would be making a splash with there new console to somehow turn the console war tide, but your right the pro didn't have many made for games either but had a stellar line up either already out or weeks away. I think people just yearn for 360 ms that felt balls out to the wall gaming at the start but that ms isn't coming back it seems.

Top Bottom