• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echo Dot was showing for free on Amazon Prime

Arttemis

One was cancelled, got a $5 credit, but the other still says "shipping today" despite it being almost midnight. =/

I wish I had done overnight shipping. As soon as I saw price error, I jumped on two using default options for quickest checkout.

The Llama

Also just got the "your order has been cancelled but here's $5" email... but my Echo was delivered this afternoon. So, uh, thanks for the free Echo and the $5, Amazon?

Am_I_Evil

So uh....I got paid $5 for a free echo...

Got my echo today and then just got a "cancellation" email and told I had $5 credit....I checked and its really there....lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
So uh....I got paid $5 for a free echo...

Got my echo today and then just got a "cancellation" email and told I had $5 credit....I checked and its really there....lol
Lol holy shit just got the email too. They paid me $5 for 3 echos hahaha. And yeah at checkout sure enough I have $5 credit.

The Llama

Honestly I'm generally the first to take advantage of these accidental free offers, but I kind of feel bad about getting the free $5 on top of it lol...

DOWN

Banned
I got the cancellation email even though I received the Dot already...

But the $5 credit it said I’m getting isn’t there

EDIT: Eek nevermind, it was used on one of my subscriptions

rogueVariable

Neo Member
Mine says it is on the way, tracking number too.

No cancelation email.

mine did too

now it says unable to be delivered and i will receive a refund within 2-3 business days.

i order things from amazon constantly so i imagine this is just how they're canceling the orders that have already been marked as shipped and given tracking numbers

I'm almost surprised Amazon didn't just let it go. "Oh noooo, we accidentally got people to willingly "buy" one of our cheapest products that pushes them into our sales and services ecosystem. Gosh. We're so silly."

JettDash

I still dunno if I'm getting mine. Says "shipping today" and "arriving today by 8PM" but I am pretty sure that won't happen.

Ashhong

I got a shipped email and then shortly after got unable to deliver and my item returned. God dammit! Gonna try and talk to CS since I even had a tracking gnumber..

gar3

Even though the Dot I ordered arrived yesterday I woke up this morning to a cancelation e-mail complete with a $5 "we're sorry" promo, heh.

Majora

All u fuckers are gonna be entering the fold w Phillips Hue light bulbs may god have mercy on ur broke ass souls

Yeah I bought a Dot on sale last month, then graduated to buying Philips Hue bulbs and light strips. Must have spent over 200 pounds on coloured lights I can control with my voice. It's a cool thing to show off, people seem really surprised when I just say 'Alexa turn lights on' or 'Alexa turn on Arctic Aurora' and the lights turn on and the colours change.

As for people saying they don't know what to do with it, the key things I use mine for are:

- Philips Hue lights
- Spotify. Link your Spotify account in the app and then just say 'Alexa play artist/album/song/playlist name. You do have to be precise with the names though. You can also link Amazon music.
- News. When I'm getting ready in the morning I ask Alexa to tell me the news. You can choose what news provider you want in the app.
- Weather/time/date etc
- Cooking timers. Use it for this all the time now.

Also thinking of getting the Fire TV stick cos you can now control that with the dot. Which I guess is what Amazon want all along, for you to be encouraged to buy into their ecosystem even more.

Ultimately, is the echo essential to my life? No, but for a relatively cheap price (or free for many of you guys) it's an extra level of convenience for certain things.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Man if there's ever a sale or knock off hue lights I might bite for my daughter's room and the home theatre.

Btw try "Alexa initiate self destruct sequence "

Mine shipped and is supposed to arrive today but the tracking has not updated from:

"Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier."

It's getting cancelled for sure.

Rookhelm

i got an email this morning saying it was cancelled, but according to the tracking, it's at my local shipping facility, and will be delivered tomorrow.

weird.

Mine shipped and is supposed to arrive today but the tracking has not updated from:

"Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier."

It's getting cancelled for sure.
Check the tracking number results. If the package is at your local USPS facility, then it will be delivered because I don't see how Amazon could cancel the order at that point.

Especially if it says "In-Transit."

Both of my Dots were delivered yesterday. It said one of them was cancelled but for some reason both orders were in the package.

k91191

My black one is at the local post office waiting to be delivered later today.

My white one is stuck at an Amazon Distribution Center a couple states away with a delivery estimate of today by 8pm. Don't think it's gonna make it...

Got an email last night saying my order was canceled and recieved a $5 credit. Didn't specify which order/echo (placed the orders separately) but I'm thinking the white one is in purgatory.

womp

Yep, mine was cancelled and got my $5 credit as well. Turned that around and got a Sonic Mania Switch code for $15. :)

shandy706

mine did too

now it says unable to be delivered and i will receive a refund within 2-3 business days.

i order things from amazon constantly so i imagine this is just how they're canceling the orders that have already been marked as shipped and given tracking numbers

Tracking says it made it to the sorting facility here and will be delivered by 8 p.m. . Surely they aren't going to make him turn around and bring it back, haha.

Arttemis

My black one was cancelled yesterday, but I just received an email saying my free 2-day shipping, white dot just shipped! I hope it makes it!

Top Bottom