• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Got the new icon and sleeves :D

Was wondering what you were talking about, turns out there is an event going on right now, for the next two weeks:

Victory Rewards Details
When participating in ranked matches, there's a chance that a treasure chest will appear at the start of the match. By winning this match you may receive one of the following:
- Rupies
- Card Pack Tickets
- Gold rarity or higher cards
- Special Emblems
- Special Card Sleeves

Guess I'll be playing more this month than I anticipated. Was just going to focus on other games till the new expansion came out.

Edit: Just got a White Wolf in my 2nd game of the day lol.

Szadek

More cards:

Jormungand Blood Legendary 6 mana 5/5
Lastword : until the end of game. Give your leader effect. "In your turn if you get damage, deal 1 damage to enemy leader and all enemy follower".

Heaven Legendary 7 mana 6/5
Last word : Until the end of game, give your leader effect "when you play countdown amulet, destroy that amulet"

Rune Silver 4 mana 3/4
Fanfare : If you have no Earth Sigil, Summon 1 ES. Enhance(10) : Double attack and defense of all allied follower.

Stairway to the heaven Neutral Gold 1 mana Amulet
Countdown 7 Each time your follower were destroy , decrease countdown by 1.
Last Word : put 3 random follower from your deck into you hand.
Enchance (5) : decrease countdown by 7.

I like the legendaries, but it's hard to tell how good they are going to be.
The new earth rite card is interesting as well, but I don't think that maybe getting a free sigil is that impressive.
With the second effect, it could work in a slower ER deck, since the other player is in trouble if the even can't clear your board right away
The amulet seems realy strong, espically in decks that don't have card for turn 1.
It would work pretty well in midrange, token and even maybe some aggro decks.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm loving the new legendaries. I think none so far are just optimal on curve and splashable into almost every deck. I'll take Nephs and even Darias any day over Eachtars and Sybils.

The legendaries have synergy with that nuetral legendary that summons and destroys a card in your hand. Don't know if it is good enough though. Depends on how the meta will look after the expansion.

Also, there is an update on the current event:
9agdvvR.png

Seems like they want to stop the conceding pandemic that low master players are doing to search for chests. Too bad; I gained a lot of quick points from them lol. Now time to play decks that will stop all the aggro people will be playing. It's reaaaally tilting to have your chest match be against a nuetral haven who goes first and has the perfect curve.

fertygo

this event is fucking awful

and also just remind me, neutral still ruin the game

like how much you had to mess up to made Haven play NOTHING like it should? like what part of this brainlessly vomiting shit reflect Haven as class

Nerf Alice alfuckingready

Qurupeke

I reached Rank B0 after doing some trials. Is this a new starting point for each month, meaning I'll never return to D, C? Also, how much of a change is it compared to the earlier ranks?

Luigi87

I reached Rank B0 after doing some trials. Is this a new starting point for each month, meaning I'll never return to D, C? Also, how much of a change is it compared to the earlier ranks?

There is no degradation among ranks below Master.
Once you hit a letter rank you are at that rank until you move up further. Losing can still make you drop to a lower numbered tier however (albeit no lower than Tier 0).

You will continue to earn win streak bonuses until you hit A0, and then they are no more.

I don't think B rank will be much different than the earlier ones, however I haven't been there in a while. As you climb though you'll begin to encounter more meta centric decks.

Ala Alba

I'm still pretty new to this game, but I just ran into my first aggravating player.

Not only would he constantly run out the turn timer after spending all his PP, but he didn't even have the decency to finish me off immediately when he had like three different followers that could kill me in a single hit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

and also just remind me, neutral still ruin the game

like how much you had to mess up to made Haven play NOTHING like it should? like what part of this brainlessly vomiting shit reflect Haven as class

Nerf Alice alfuckingready

Heaven has always been the all rounder class that could do every play style. Stall and heal heaven both work still too

Neutral/lion is just another spin on Heaven's agro style with storm heaven

Luigi87

I'm still pretty new to this game, but I just ran into my first aggravating player.

Not only would he constantly run out the turn timer after spending all his PP, but he didn't even have the decency to finish me off immediately when he had like three different followers that could kill me in a single hit.

Yeah I consider that the worst kind of BM in games like this and Hearthstone.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

FWIW (and maybe this is because it isn't as popular as HS), I can count on one hand how often that's happened to me since I started playing this like a year ago. If they're taunting you with lethal, just concede and move on.

For my own sanity, I've just been playing ranked normally. Idc if it's a chest game or not, it's not like I'm not trying my best every game. Just don't let it get to you and you'll come out ahead. Considering we're getting still 8 packs instead of what should be 12 or so, you'll definitely make up the difference very soon.

I wonder if this event has caused the people who farm in rank B to rank higher as they win games for chests.

I've just been farming everyone who has been playing aggro decks with a control blood deck. Kind of annoying when I get matched up against dshift, but it doesn't happen often. I'll probably get top 10k again this month from this even though I wasn't really planning to.

Though I must say the rewards for this on average aren't so good that you should be grinding if you're not enjoying it. Most of the time it is just 30 gold. But it's a cool event as bonus items that you can get while doing your dailies.

Szadek

Yeah, you should just think about chest as bonus and nothing else.
It's cool when you were planning to rank up anyway, but that's about it.

I'm also playing control blood. I'm very happy that this deck is finally viable.
Currently I'm teching Teena and Odin (for deck like Nep shadow), but recently I have trouble dealing with dragons.

I'm also playing control blood. I'm very happy that this deck is finally viable.
Currently I'm teching Teena and Odin (for deck like Nep shadow), but recently I have trouble dealing with dragons.

Yeah, the nep match up is super annoying. I don't think a single odin will do much good though from my experience with the match up as ramp dragon back in the day. They'll just play another morde/nep and still out value us.

But that tech will definitely help against seraph, which I just lost an 8 game streak to lol.

Szadek

Shadowlog is out:
http://shadowlog.com/trend/2017/37/4/
Also in english on gamepress:
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/meta-deck-analytics-september-11-17

Apperently the savior against neutral haven is... forest of all things.
OTK forest has a 67.1% winrate against the deck, but they aren't doing very well against neutral sword.

Also,a new card:
Devil Sheep Blood Silver 2 mana 2/2
Fanfare: Whenever your leader gets damaged in your turn, heal 2 points. Whenever this follower leaves the area this ability disappears.

The effect is pretty cool and could be great in the right deck, but I have no idea what that deck would look like.

Pooya

maybe they finally realize they have to nerf Alice. That card is so destructive to the game when neutral package is this good. It was an awful idea to begin with, you never want neutral cards to be this strong. That creates so many problems.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
maybe they finally realize they have to nerf Alice. That card is so destructive to the game when neutral package is this good. It was an awful idea to begin with, you never want neutral cards to be this strong. That creates so many problems.
Eh I think it helps create new fun deck types, but she either needs to have her current effect and only raise attack or her current effect and only effect the field

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Eh I think it helps create new fun deck types, but she either needs to have her current effect and only raise attack or her current effect and only effect the field
I'd prefer only affecting hand than field. Or +1/+0 like you said. The really crippling aspect is being able to trade their 1 drop into your 2 drop for free and so on.

After 4 days of playing maybe 10hrs total, I've made up 4 packs worth of chest gold. This event was definitely worth it (and more fun) for me after I stopped being salty about losing chests. (I think I have like a 60%+ winrate in general, but <40% winrate in chest games haha.)

I few more cards:
Arrow Barrage: 1PP Bronze Forest Spell Return a friendly follower or amulet to your hand and deal 3 damage to an enemy follower (this card can only be played if there are 2 viable targets on board)

Hresvelgr: 5PP 4/4 Silver Shadow follower (evo 6/6) Draw a card whenever one of your followers (other than this one) is destroyed.

Cyclic Call: 2PP Gold Rune Spell Draw a random Runecraft follower from your deck to your hand.

Also, Famitsu has leaked some cards, which include a rune legendary 2/1 follower, but the image is much too small to translate what they do, so we'll have to wait a few days for the actual magazine to come out.

Yeah, that forest spell seems insane. The downside off needed the two targets there is no where near enough for having a 1pp 3 damage and return your follower lol. The rune spell will be in every dshift deck too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, that forest spell seems insane. The downside off needed the two targets there is no where near enough for having a 1pp 3 damage and return your follower lol. The rune spell will be in every dshift deck too.

Like it's not hard to have a target on your side of the field for it with forest and the enemy is almost always gonna have something on theirs Forest is gonna get dumb

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So Forest finally gets its own flavor of a 2pp 3 dmg spell. Because that's the idea. You lose 1pp of tempo + 1pp to cast this.

Looks cool. Like how both Hungering Horde and Zombie Party can be crazy in the right conditions, so can this one. The only issue I see now is that Grimnir (and other cheap wards) can no longer reliably stop Roach.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Also it's really easy to enable their 2-card combo mechanic now. It's a 2pp removal that enables Glimmering Wings, etc. with "one" card. Comparing in a vacuum, this is probably going to be the best 2pp removal because it's consistently powerful as long as you have a Fairy.

Szadek

This card makes me wonder if they are going to preemptively nerf roach.
In any case, the card is deal 3 damage for 2 at worst, but it can be much better than that.
Probaby the best card for forest this set.

I highly doubt they nerf roach anytime soon, unless they are a crazy good deck neft expansion, and even then they would probably opt to nerf the cards around it. I think their plan with roach is to just wait until rotations start happening.

Also, has anyone noticed dragon decks have started putting Prince of Darkness in their decks? I just outlasted two full satan decks but lost to a third one as control blood. Though I think I'm going to start playing something else because I'm sick of auto losing to beauty and the beast which I've run into on turn 6 like 4 times today. Maybe start playing some control haven or something.

fertygo

You lose to beauty and the beast and your counter plan is playing control Haven?

What

Btw is there any new AoE in this new set?
Game need it so bad

Well, my initial thought was to banish it, since that is pretty much the only answer to it other than play aggro. But then it didn't work too well, so now I'm playing a regular roach deck with 3x looking glass and 2x B&B lol. 5 game win streak so far.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
One thing I noticed about the new set is the neutral draw options. I much prefer this flavor of neutral cards where every class gets access to some tools, but with some caveats.

Night's Way
3pp Amulet
Countdown 1
At the end of your turn, draw a card.
Fanfare: Draw a card.
Enhance 5: Add 3 to the countdown.

So 3pp draw 2, one now and one at the end of turn. 5pp draw 5, but spread out across 4 turns. I want to say this is probably too slow to see play? Midrange may want to play it for 3pp draw 2, but idk when you would want to spend the pp to draw 5.
--------------

Staircase to Paradise
1pp Amulet
Countdown 7
Whenever an allied follower is destroyed, -1 countdown.
Enhance 5: -7 countdown
Last Words: At the start of your next turn, draw 3 random followers from your deck.

I'm wondering if aggro will want to run this. Blood might not need it because of Carabosse, but this could fuel the return of Aggro Sword with the 1-drop tutors and storm officers.
--------------

Purehearted Singer
3pp 1/2
Fanfare and Last Words: Draw a card.

I wonder if D-shift will run this. I don't play enough to judge how good draw 2, but not immediately and no spellboost is for them. Depending on how aggro the meta is, this could be an almost auto-include for control decks. I could definitely see Forest running this too.

What do you guys think?

Szadek

More cards:
Runecraft Legendary. 2pp 2/1. At the end of your turn, randomly add a Venus, Pollux, Star Phoenix, Castor, Scorpio or Andromeda to your hand.

Dragoncraft Gold : Star Phoneix. 3pp 2/2. Rush, Last Words : if during your turn you cast a spell, add a Star Phoenix to your hand. One time only.

Forest Gold 5pp 4/5 : Venus. Add a Harvest Festival to your hand and change it's cost to 0.

Swordcraft Bronze. Pollux. 5pp 4/4 Fanfare : If you control a non-sword follower on the board, evolve this follower

Shadowcraft Bronze. Castor. 4pp 2/3. Fanfare : if you control exactly two creatures, this follower gains Last Word: put a Castor on the field

Bloodcraft. Bronze : Scorpio. 2pp 1/2. Bane. When attacking, deal 1 damage to your leader

Neutral Bronze. Rampaging Mammoth. 8pp 7/8. Evolved 8/9. Deal 2 damage to a random enemy follower 2 times

Dragon Gold. Strike of Vow 3 pp.
Deal X damage to an enemy follower. X equals the number of Dragoncraft cards in your hand except this card. Enhance 7: Draw 2 cards. Double the damage.

Szadek

Cygames updated the event:
https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=396
- (Update) If you lose a match in which a treasure chest appears, the same treasure chest will appear again at the start of the next match.
- (Update) If a treasure chest appears and is unclaimed before the day resets, up to 6 treasure chests may appear the next day. If the unclaimed chest is a gold chest, up to 2 gold chests may appear in that day.
Awesome news. Pretty much a win-win situation for everyone.

Also, more new cards:
Haven Legendary 6 mana 1/3
Fanfare : randomly summon havencraft follower that have high cost but lower then your pp(and not have same name with this card) form your deck into play. Give other allied follower +0/1.

Shadow Gold 7 mana Spell
Destroy all enemy followers with 4 def or less.

Finally, Eidolon support!
Heaven can basically now play 6 Aegis lol
The effect is somwhat simiar to Nep, as you have to build you deck around it (at least when it comes 5 mana or more).
Could be really good, but it also means you can't play cards like dark jeanne or judge of retribution, which is a big deal.

The shadow spell is decent. Might get played in Nep decks, but that will depend on the meta.

Pooya

these board clears are fine and all but do they play their own game?

haven dumps a 5/5, a 4/4, a 2/1 storm and plus whatever is on board on turn 4/5.

7 cost board clears are too late. The game needs 2 cost aoe. The game is far too snowbally to be interesting.

Luigi87

I also really hope they start rotating out old sets soon. In a week there will be six active sets.
It doesn't seem like it will happen until next year though.

Pooya

If rotation happens they will probably rotate DE and RoB. Those are actually the mostly well designed sets...

They have to remove the two sets released this year for this game to go back to sanity. This next set looks relatively weak so far. They're probably approaching it with the mindset of we fucked up so much this year so this set better be safe and not have to nerf half of it a month after'.

There is another set after this one coming this December right? It seems way too many cards.

Luigi87

Yeah there should be another set release come December 29th (Japan time).
And I do agree about removing this year's sets to restore the game back to a better state.

TotG had quite a few issues, but I really, really have hated Wonderland Dreams. I wasn't big on the neutral aspect, and as such I've barely played the game since its launch. I've only 2500ish rupies at the moment for SL's release even...

And overall I do wish the game didn't have total staple legendaries. Yeah I mainly played Dragon since RoB's release, but then Sibyl came out and she pretty much is a requirement for any Dragon deck.

I feel like this set has definitely kept future rotations in consideration. We have a rune legendary that is a spellboost win condition like dshift, and a forest legendary that could replace silverbolt. But both of these are probably slightly inferior to their conterparts, so there isn't a whole lot of reason to use them now, but if standard gets rotated out then they will become the go to cards for their archetype.

Szadek

If rotation happens they will probably rotate DE and RoB. Those are actually the mostly well designed sets...

They have to remove the two sets released this year for this game to go back to sanity. This next set looks relatively weak so far. They're probably approaching it with the mindset of we fucked up so much this year so this set better be safe and not have to nerf half of it a month after'.

There is another set after this one coming this December right? It seems way too many cards.
I hate rotations, I could absolutely live without them.
Balance is pretty good right now and neutral decks will most likely get nerfed by the end of the months, so they shouldn't be a huge deal anymore either.

A new set every 3 months is actually perfect, since that's when the card are staring to feel really old.
Phsical card games like Yugioh and Vangaurd get new sets almost every months, plus trail decks, so I don't see how this game has too many cards.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yeah, don't get rotation mentality either. Just because MTG does it doesn't mean it's better. Just selectively nerf rather than rotate sets wholesale. Restricted design space should not be an issue at this point in time. Ask again in like 2 years.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I hate rotations, I could absolutely live without them.
Balance is pretty good right now and neutral decks will most likely get nerfed by the end of the months, so they shouldn't be a huge deal anymore either.

A new set every 3 months is actually perfect, since that's when the card are staring to feel really old.
Phsical card games like Yugioh and Vangaurd get new sets almost every months, plus trail decks, so I don't see how this game has too many cards.

You say you hate rotations but then bring up yugioh which has a massive ban list :p

And when they limit / semi-limit stuff it straight up cripples some deck types to the point the decks get straight up removed from the meta

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The digital version of a banlist is balance updates. Would you prefer nerfing Alice to improve the meta or waiting for whenever the next rotation is and lose all the other cards in that set as well?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The digital version of a banlist is balance updates. Would you prefer nerfing Alice to improve the meta or waiting for whenever the next rotation is and lose all the other cards in that set as well?

I mean, it would be like 6 or 8 sets from now so I probably wouldnt care, we are gonna get NERFS and Rotation.

Top Bottom