• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, about 8h played of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I assume it's somewhat intentional, but christ, the story so far really is the definition of bland generic fantasy, so I hope it picks up pace and makes some sharp turns soon. The companions are great, love Fane, and the writers behind them really seem to have put in an effort to holds one's interest in the game, but I wonder how long they will be able to. Well, quest design and dialogue choices help as well.

Would love to have a difficulty setting somewhere between explorer and classic. Struggle with classic badly, but am now one-shotting magisters with on explorer.

Tizoc

VOLVO PLS
Vn3h4FP.png

Aaron D.

I'll still probably try to make some time to start a game and poke at it in short bursts, if I can play in short bursts instead of giving up hours of sleep lmao

Yeah, I'll have to check it out if for nothing else to sample around all those new VIR voice packs.

Stoked.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my kickstarter key for Xing. Really curious how this one turned out.

Jawmuncher

I don't think PC is getting it.
On the Playstation store it's listed as

Digital Bonus Edition includes:
- SONIC FORCES videogame
- EPISODE SHADOW (DLC)
- SEGA PACK / ATLUS (DLC)

Tizoc

Holy shit Atlus.

Well we can always mod it in. You never know when datamining the game reveals it among the code :p

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
They really bothered to NOT include it on PC? Holy shit.

It's on Xbox a platform that has a 0% chance of ever seeing Persona 5 release there, and they won't put it on PC a platform that some people (albiet a small number, I'm sure) in Japan might actually use?

Just wow. Atlus is truly the most vengeful company.

Hektor

If ATLUS deliberately demands exclusion of a costume DLC from getting a PC release, i think we can call that safely a death sentence for a potential port of that new blazblue game.

Or better yet, the devs will port it but exclude all persona content.

I still kinda hope this is a mistake, even tho i don't care much about a single costume DLC, but then again, ATLUS has proven to be by far the most backwards company in the industry.

Knurek

Knurek is "edgy reply at the cost of accuracy".

PoE has some great lore and world-building, good character stories, decent overall story and a good battle system.
D:OS has one of the best battle systems of all time, amazing freedom in your world interactions, and some nice humor.

FWIW, I really, really, really hated PoE battle system.
Totally not my thing.

gngf123

I would just fucking laugh if the Blazblue tag game gets a PC release but with the Persona characters removed.

Like, how fucking pathetic can you get.

Jawmuncher

If ATLUS deliberately demands exclusion of a costume DLC from getting a PC release, i think we can call that safely a death sentence for a potential port of that new blazblue game.

Or better yet, the devs will port it but exclude all persona content.

I still kinda hope this is a mistake, even tho i don't care much about a single costume DLC, but then again, ATLUS has proven to be by far the most backwards company in the industry.

Yeah it’s more about what the exclusion of the costume means more than the costume itself

So, about 8h played of Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I assume it's somewhat intentional, but christ, the story so far really is the definition of bland generic fantasy, so I hope it picks up pace and makes some sharp turns soon. The companions are great, love Fane, and the writers behind them really seem to have put in an effort to holds one's interest in the game, but I wonder how long they will be able to. Well, quest design and dialogue choices help as well.

Would love to have a difficulty setting somewhere between explorer and classic. Struggle with classic badly, but am now one-shotting magisters with on explorer.

The story or main plot of the first Divinity: OS I found was pretty bland or just uninteresting fantasy nonsense. D:OS 2 continues in that tradition so far in what I played. Though what you said about the origin/companion characters being the more interesting aspect of the game stories does indicate they at least know what the weakest aspects of the last game were.

As for the difficulty, I advise you to get use to status & environmental effects if you havent already.
e.g.
Wet(blood/water) + electric = shock/stun
Poison + Fire = explosion

Both of those are the bread & butter for the last game and the second one so far for me.

Hektor

Man, they must be real angry that people got Persona 4 running on a PC.

It certainly gives credence to the idea that someone at ATLUS spites PC gaming.
If ATLUS simply wouldn't care about it, they wouldn't go out of their way to prevent release of a simple costume DLC made by an entirely different dev, they'd just sign the papers like they did for xbox and move on.

I had hope for Sega after Valkyria got a PC release.

But with the Mania Denuvo-Delay and now this shit with Forces on PC being cut and Denuvo... Welp, into the trash bin with this one. Why bother supporting a platform you won't respect.

Like, Denuvo on its own - I Wouldn't be happy with it, but meh, whatever - But Mania's 2 Week delay to just add Denuvo suddenly, and now Forces on PC being cut of content? You can fuck right off Sega.

Jawmuncher

MUnited83

For you.
You all should check out the Depth free weekend. Such a fun game, especially with groups. I never see anyone talking about it but it has a pretty decently active community.

KarmaCow

How long has this page that lets you register keys via the browser been up? Just noticed it when redeeming the Outlast keys from the Humble Store and I swear it wasn't available a few days ago when I was redeeming games from another bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How long has this page that lets you register keys via the browser been up? Just noticed it when redeeming the Outlast keys from the Humble Store and I swear it wasn't available a few days ago when I was redeeming games from another bundle.

Threeish weeks or thereabouts. It was discovered at the end of August.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Outlast #2 -- MB-886244DBA826923D - Taken by redlacs
Outlast -- MB-AC449EFFD5A3AE28 - Taken by texhnolyze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom